Fun games to emulate?

minimoose

So I want to get into emulating retro games, but as a young 'un I wasn't even alive when most of the emulatable consoles were around. So can anyone suggest some great older games? Ideally they would hold up well even today (not graphically obviously, but gameplay wise)

Thanks!

i had a blast playing crash team racing the other day, but at this point even the emulator is that old that emulating the emulator may be becoming a real consideration :D

beyond that, if you're into pokemon, the old ones really were better (seriously.. i just cant get into dppt, let alone the newer...) and if you're up for a challenge, the pokemon emerald 386 rom hack is truly amazing (unfortunately, because nintendo, finding the rom itself is a challenge) and offcourse i wont mention my ways because we're getting dangerously close to the forum rules about piracy.

50 minutes ago, minimoose said:

So I want to get into emulating retro games, but as a young 'un I wasn't even alive when most of the emulatable consoles were around. So can anyone suggest some great older games? Ideally they would hold up well even today (not graphically obviously, but gameplay wise)

Thanks!

I have downloaded all the NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, Atari 2600, Gameboy and Gameboy color. Sadly, I can't go into detail here about how and where I got them. This is sadly piracy. I felt like I just downloaded all that stuff to play one game, Sonic the Hedgehog. I love it more than Super Mario Bros.

Red dead redemption.

GTA IV since that runs better than PC version.

Tekken 6

The Last of Us

i7 5930k - 32GB Gskill Trident 3200 - EVGA x99 FTW-K - RX 480 8GB Nitro Crossfire

Conkers bad fur day

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

I've had good luck emulating Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask using Project64 and my Xbox One pad. The graphics are positively ancient, but unlike most early attempts at 3D action the controls and camera hold up very well today.