Room Makeover. Gamerize the room.

KristjanR

So I just painted my walls and I really want to up my room game.

I have included some photos and rough measurements of it. 

NOTES:

• I cant buy a new desk (the black desk has to stay)
  • Bed stays aswell.
  • Color of the walls stay the same.
  • I do not own a PC but a laptop and I play CSGO.
  • In my room I don't have much light. Thats why the lamp is pointing upwards.
  • I have some window light, a room light that helps a little but doesn't do much and a desk lamp.
  • I wish to have more color in my room.

THINGS I THINK I SHOULD ADD:

• Led strips. 
  • Elgato avea led bulbs/or other company one.

The setup that I really like is http://imgur.com/gallery/gES4i.

Also I like MarzBar (youtuber) room setup.

Please recommend me things to buy and do to my room so I can make it look cool and standout. I live in Spain so ebay and ikea are mostly welcomed but I would like to hear what I can improve on...

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

IMG_0514.JPG

Step 1: Get a desktop PC

Framed Posters and attach the Mac to a Monitor and attach the Christmas lights to the back of your desk in a straight line

My life

Definitely get some LEDs. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

8 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Step 1: Get a desktop PC

Send me yours :D in the future but right now I want to create a good roome with great vibes :)

8 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Framed Posters and attach the Mac to a Monitor and attach the Christmas lights to the back of your desk in a straight line

Any poster ideas? like some from ebay or ikea. Il buy the leds with ikea fix kit and put them behind.

6 minutes ago, Jasun said:

Definitely get some LEDs. 

Any recommendations? from ebay, light bulbs or draws and what to do with the empty wall?

Go to ebay and search for most of your general needs like LEDs and Posters. Get posters of what you are interested it. Get a headset and mount a stand to a wall. Just some ideas

Just now, KristjanR said:

Any recommendations? from ebay, light bulbs or draws and what to do with the empty wall?

Not sure about the LEDs, research and see which ones are the best and with the empty walls, add some posters or something like that. Maybe some of those sound foams.

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

5 minutes ago, IskanderEXC said:

Go to ebay and search for most of your general needs like LEDs and Posters. Get posters of what you are interested it. Get a headset and mount a stand to a wall. Just some ideas

A stand to a wall? I have a rode podcaster mic and I also need a stand for it but not an arm. Do you know any stands that can hold a rode podcaster?

5 minutes ago, Jasun said:

Not sure about the LEDs, research and see which ones are the best and with the empty walls, add some posters or something like that. Maybe some of those sound foams.

I like the foams but my mum doesn't :D. (im 15 so also depends on my parents). A chest of draws or foam, but like with a panel so I don't have to attach them to the wall? Links from ebay or ikea if you can think of any.

12 minutes ago, KristjanR said:

A stand to a wall? I have a rode podcaster mic and I also need a stand for it but not an arm. Do you know any stands that can hold a rode podcaster?

Nvm then lol, I thought you might have like a normal headset. 

1 minute ago, IskanderEXC said:

Nvm then lol, I thought you might have like a normal headset. 

I do but a shitty one :D and i put it normally to the draw.

What carpet would be nice but would be comfortable to walk on?

I have ordered some accesories and someone knows any good ebay 5m rgb led strips cheap with free delivery? 

Would the result be nice if I changed the top of the desk (the part which goes all the monitor, laptops, etc ) with white vinyl leaving other parts of the desk black and replacing the bed side chest of draws with a white IKEA Malm of Width: 80 cm  Depth: 48 cm High: 78 cm (which is of course bigger than the brown chest of draws. So the result would be top desk white other parts of desk black, white chest of draws next to the table which will occupy quite a lot of space (look at room measurements), 'brown sheets of wood'  and white curtains look nice? Or also add white vinyl to the brown sheets and the doors of the desk? Which would look the nicest?

3 hours ago, KristjanR said:

Would the result be nice if I changed the top of the desk (the part which goes all the monitor, laptops, etc ) with white vinyl leaving other parts of the desk black and replacing the bed side chest of draws with a white IKEA Malm of Width: 80 cm  Depth: 48 cm High: 78 cm (which is of course bigger than the brown chest of draws. So the result would be top desk white other parts of desk black, white chest of draws next to the table which will occupy quite a lot of space (look at room measurements), 'brown sheets of wood'  and white curtains look nice? Or also add white vinyl to the brown sheets and the doors of the desk? Which would look the nicest?

I would say go for a larger L shaped type desk for maximum workspace you can customize the tops and sides with drawers as needed but I would suggest to go for solid particle board table tops as the linnmon type series is just pressed and hollow MDF. 

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

I would say go for a larger L shaped type desk for maximum workspace you can customize the tops and sides with drawers as needed but I would suggest to go for solid particle board table tops as the linnmon type series is just pressed and hollow MDF. 

Problem is desk and bed have to stay...

1 minute ago, KristjanR said:

Problem is desk and bed have to stay...

If you got a second desk to extend the current one that might work depending on the width you have to work with but the side table may have to go but that could be replaced with a side shelf unit or bank of drawers as the table leg/support if you need a lot of extra storage. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

If you got a second desk to extend the current one that might work depending on the width you have to work with but the side table may have to go but that could be replaced with a side shelf unit or bank of drawers as the table leg/support if you need a lot of extra storage. 

I am a student so not much like business type of work. I hope to replace bed side with IKEA Malm of Width: 80 cm  Depth: 48 cm High: 78 cm (current unit is W:50cm D:41cm H: 51)  but black or white and would that be nice? I like white but my desk is black because at the time my mum chose it...

Just now, KristjanR said:

I am a student so not much like business type of work. I hope to replace bed side with IKEA Malm of Width: 80 cm  Depth: 48 cm High: 78 cm (current unit is W:50cm D:41cm H: 51)  but black or white and would that be nice? I like white but my desk is black because at the time my mum chose it...

So would it look nice with white malm and black desk?

3 minutes ago, KristjanR said:

For a minimalist look I would say going for the same color would be best and having an accent color like your RGB lights or system would probably stand out the best. It's mainly up to you but black and white also work well together, nothing wrong with that. 

Since the new bed will be wider just be sure you have enough room to maneuver around in front of the desk.  

1 minute ago, W-L said:

For a minimalist look I would say going for the same color would be best and having an accent color like your RGB lights or system would probably stand out the best. It's mainly up to you but black and white also work well together, nothing wrong with that. 

Since the new bed will be wider just be sure you have enough room to maneuver around in front of the desk.  

No bed lol. If in the future I put white matte vinyl on top of the desk would it be more matchy with the white unit? and ye I have 2 5m rgb led strips coming from china :D What can I replace or do with the ugly brown sheets of wood? Cant just take them away since on the wall there are screwed down wood plank that holds it in place. Maybe replace with pallets?

8 minutes ago, KristjanR said:

No bed lol. If in the future I put white matte vinyl on top of the desk would it be more matchy with the white unit? and ye I have 2 5m rgb led strips coming from china :D What can I replace or do with the ugly brown sheets of wood? Cant just take them away since on the wall there are screwed down wood plank that holds it in place. Maybe replace with pallets?

Yeah if it's just screwed to the walled nothing a little filler and a bit more paint can't fix after removing, but replacing it with pallet wood would work well just be sure to sand down sharp edges and give it a light clear coat or wax to protect it. If you wanted to carry that design through the room having a shelf say above the desk made out of reclaimed pallet would would also work well.