Windows within a Window for Windows

So I keep a variety of windows open on my second monitor and I was wondering if there is a way or a program i can use to dock these windows inside another window. and potentially save the configuration. 

I keep generally a minimum of 4 windows on the screen at once (mainly GPU-Z, Task manager, Intel XTU and skype or disscord) but i also often have a other application on the same screen that I keep maximized like my web browser, steam ect. so if im playing a game and tab into my web browser to check something I then either need to mouse out of the game to minimize the full screen window or tab each of the smaller windows to the front individually. also It would be nice to be able to have multiple layouts saved so without having to manually reorder my layout i could switch between my performance screen (as i will refer to my gpuz xtu taskmanagetr screen form now on) and a obs/twitchchat screen lets say if i was live streaming.

Picture of my typical layout

Spoiler

IMG_1031.JPG

My RIG:

I7 6700k - GTX 1080 -  32GB Ram - 256GB 950 Pro(boot) + 1TB 850 EVO(Programs) + 4TB 860 EVO(Games) + 1TB WD Black (Files)

Bottom left you have that square with 2 little squares poking out the side, maybe that's a solution? (multiple desktops)

Or get a 2nd monitor.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

@samcool55 That is my second monitor on my primary monitor I keep the game Im playing or adobe premiere or whatever my main task is up. as for multiple desktops that will change both the primary and secondary monitor so that wont work. and even if it would I couldn't save the configuration so it would only solve part of the problem. but thanks anyways :)

I was kind of hopping the was a 3rd party program or even a way to do it in windows that would allow me to dock windows from different programs inside 1 Master window. Kind of like the way you can dock multiple sub-windows and dialogs in adobe and gimp!

My RIG:

I7 6700k - GTX 1080 -  32GB Ram - 256GB 950 Pro(boot) + 1TB 850 EVO(Programs) + 4TB 860 EVO(Games) + 1TB WD Black (Files)

12 minutes ago, Legeis said:

@samcool55 That is my second monitor on my primary monitor I keep the game Im playing or adobe premiere or whatever my main task is up. as for multiple desktops that will change both the primary and secondary monitor so that wont work. and even if it would I couldn't save the configuration so it would only solve part of the problem. but thanks anyways :)

I was kind of hopping the was a 3rd party program or even a way to do it in windows that would allow me to dock windows from different programs inside 1 Master window. Kind of like the way you can dock multiple sub-windows and dialogs in adobe and gimp!

Get a 3rd monitor? :D

That's what i did at least. It's not so bad actually.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

@samcool55 I plan too but I moved about 2 months ago and the desk im using is small so I either need to go get my bigger desk out of storage or go buy a new one to fit the space. But either way it would be nice to be able to create and save multiple custom layouts!

but yeah once im all set up my plan is to get 2 more 27" monitors to match my main one for a 3 monitor setup then maybe also get an ultra wide and put it off to the side just because I can....and as an enthusiast that is all the reason I need! also I already ordered a 6850K and im planing on getting a 2nd gtx1080 in February.

but back on topic....how to set up multiple windows with in a window for windows 10 (aka turns independent programs into dockable dialog)

My RIG:

@r3bify Thank you but I have already purchased aqua snap in hopes it would be a solution. it definitely helps but a solution it is not. What it dose do is make changing the layout go a lot faster which helps with half the issue.

Just to be clear it dose not have to be a free solution, this is something I would be willing to pay for if it worked! But thank you for the reply anyways! :-)

My RIG:

I'm guessing the built in virtual desktops doesn't work?

EDIT: I just tried it for the first time on multiple monitors and changes across all monitors which is probably something you don't want...

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

7 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

EDIT: I just tried it for the first time on multiple monitors and changes across all monitors which is probably something you don't want...

@DeadEyePsycho Yeah I tried that before I resigned myself that I would have to use a 3rd party software that would probably not be free!

Its gotten to the point that I have considered just straight up commissioning a custom application that would do it. Unfortunately I know what programmers cost and that would probably be out of my price range :(

My RIG:

1 hour ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Look forward to the day when we use that damn feature like power users want to. 

#BuildAWall #MakeWindowsGreatAgain

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono