Mirror's Edge Catalyst day/night cycle

ivan134

How exactly does it work? From my experience so far, the only time I've seen nighttime gameplay was when I played at night. Is it only affected by the time of day you're playing? Obviously the opening part of the game is nighttime regardless of what time of day you're playing, but everything else seems to be dependent on that in my experience.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

It only changes when you're moving. If you just stand in one spot it will stay the same time. 

If you run from one end of the map to the other and back a few times, you'll see the time of day change. It may be affected if you're currently doing a mission as a few of them seem to have set times of day.

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

If you run from one end of the map to the other and back a few times

That's gonna be very long... 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

That's gonna be very long... 

About 10 minutes from my experience:

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

Oh only that long. Well I could never know how long it takes as I fast travel all the time lol

16 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Damn this game is gorgeous. And I subscribed to your channel.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

It is, the story, maybe not

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I know. I don't play games for story anway. Far Cry 3 is one of my favorite games. Terrible story.

Just now, ivan134 said:

I know. I don't play games for story anway. Far Cry 3 is one of my favorite games. Terrible story.

Did you finish the story though?

Did you finish the story though?

In Far Cry 3? Not yet, but so far it's doodoo. Vaas is the only interesting part in the story.

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

In Far Cry 3? Not yet, but so far it's doodoo. Vaas is the only interesting part in the story.

MEC lol. 

MEC lol. 

Oh no. I just barely started the game. I did just recently beat the original Mirrors Edge again though. I'm just going through my backlog of games since the Overwatch meta right now is really boring.

Just now, ivan134 said:

Oh no. I just barely started the game. I did just recently beat the original Mirrors Edge again though. I'm just going through my backlog of games since the Overwatch meta right now is really boring.

Damn the fun part of original ME was grabbing those machine gun and kill those enemies like it's an action game lol

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Damn the fun part of original ME was grabbing those machine gun and kill those enemies like it's an action game lol

Nah, those parts felt really terrible. I like that the new game doesn't let you use guns. I just wish the world didn't feel so dead. DICE is pretty much like Crytek. They make amazing engines but don't know how to make fun games.

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I'm a fanboy of the 1st game so I was most likely going to buy this one even if it wasnt amazing.

Just now, ivan134 said:

I'm a fanboy of the 1st game so I was most likely going to buy this one even if it wasnt amazing.

Same. Originally was on sale for 80 CAD

Then went down to 40 CAD. I also asked EA support to tell me if it was 40 USD or CAD and smh they gave me a discount lol

IDGI, it costs 40 CAD and 40 USD for same game so basically Canadian benefits more

12 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

It's one of my favourite games ever. I was waiting for it ever since Mirror's Edge came out and it didn't disappoint me. The art style is perfect IMO, I love just running around the game world, especially Regatta Bay and Ocean Pier. I'm still working on 100%, but the electronic parts take a while to find. 

And thanks. I don't upload often, just when something interesting or funny happens in a game mostly. 

13 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I liked the story, even though it was a bit predictable. They've left it wide open for a sequel, but I don't think it did too well in terms of sales, so there may never be another one. It's a shame, I love the Mirror's Edge games.