Has anyone legitly made money online?? Spill ya secrets!!

kvn95

Excluding YouTube, I mean. Have you used any legit services where you can earn money (and don't have to work insane amount of time to earn a few cents)

2 minutes ago, GamingMemeKing said:

Yeah, I bought some amazing book that gave me business skills that could win me the Apprentice.

Basically, the goal is to watch out for emails from people who are severely ill. They will offer you something in return for an investment, like $500 processing fee for like 50 Ugandan Dollars....

What I learnt from this all-knowing book was to not do this. - Instead, tell them you will pay $1000 for the processing fee and you want 100 Ugandan Dollars!!!

To buy the book: It will magically appear on your screen randomly (Or when you 'ahem', download stuff.)

That sounds... ... Man I had no idea what that means lol

28 minutes ago, kvn95 said:

Excluding YouTube, I mean. Have you used any legit services where you can earn money (and don't have to work insane amount of time to earn a few cents)

I found this website through an ad on a prawn site...

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

I used to do paid surveys many years ago. Can't remember who it is from though. They were not short to do and you had to pass some qualifying questions before they let you do each one, presumably to make sure they were asking the right type of person they wanted views from. If you made it through the end you got some not insignificant Amazon vouchers for your time. Downsides are, apart from me not remembering who that was from, they weren't that frequent either so it was never a significant income stream. Still it was a nice small bonus, and I found it interesting what questions they were asking. They were all tech related so likely they were working out what to do for a next generation gadget.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Proxy selling, sell thibgs you don't have on eBay that you immediately buy from some where else and ship it to the customer.

also watch out for people saying electronics at low prices on forums or Chinese sites then resell.

also stock market.

another way, only if you have a large special media following have a "lottery" where you ask your followers to give you money for a give away.

you give away one item and a second exact same item you keep.

There's also being able to be a professional troll.

Crt shilling can make you a lot money.

1 hour ago, kvn95 said:

Freelancing/contracting and stocks and shares...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

2 hours ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

Crt shilling can make you a lot money.

Grow up. 

- snip-

2 hours ago, GamingMemeKing said:

What is this?

Hillary Clinton supporters were paid to shitpost on the internet. Google correct the record.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

Mining Cryptocurrency  with my PC

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I used to trade unusual hats through Team Fortress 2 and made a couple hundred dollars.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

6 hours ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

Proxy selling, sell thibgs you don't have on eBay that you immediately buy from some where else and ship it to the customer.

That's an interesting way of making money. Basically crosshop platforms to make a profit? What items should I look to sell?

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

9 hours ago, kvn95 said:

I actually write for a website called addgeeks.com. 10 bucks for each article!

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

Swagbucks, just takes a while and you have to sell your soul - or a made up one at least

Badly written click-bait still exists, there's that.

Spending ages doing surveys gives you something. I probably made about £90 in amazon vouchers over about 2/3 years. Not really worth the time though, since with a proper paying job you can make that in a day.

I worked from home for some time. You still need the job though, i was just doing it over the internet. 

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

1 hour ago, GamingMemeKing said:

Mining is not as profitable as it once was. Especially with a PC.

Even if you had 4x SLi Titan X, it would not be worth it and it would use more energy than coins you mine.

Furthermore, there is dedicated rigs (there's a name for them, but can't recall.) Which allows you to soley focus on mining and is like 1000 times more efficient than a PC.

If you're referring to Bitcoin mining then you're correct.  Otherwise, you're very wrong about GPU mining not being profitable.  

8 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Grow up. 

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEERRRR

LOOOOOOSSSSSEEEEERRRRRRRRRR

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

I started buying and selling shares, of course you need money to start but nothing saying you can't start with $10 then work your way up :)

I "made" money from donations for creating and releasing script packages for Arma 2/3 DayZ and related spinoff mods. I say "made" in quotes because my goal wasn't to earn any kind of income, I only set up a donation method after repeated requests to make such an option available. I wouldn't recommend donations as a money-making method at all, unless you were some hugely popular Twitch streamer with 10K-100K+ followers (then again, such people probably have sponsorships...). I also didn't spend much of the money on myself, I used most of the donation money to buy a legit copy of Arma 2 for myself (reasons) to continue my code-writing hobby and a copy of Arma 3 + DLCs when it was released to continue supporting my users who would move to A3.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

6 hours ago, GamingMemeKing said:

Mining is not as profitable as it once was. Especially with a PC.

Even if you had 4x SLi Titan X, it would not be worth it and it would use more energy than coins you mine.

Furthermore, there is dedicated rigs (there's a name for them, but can't recall.) Which allows you to soley focus on mining and is like 1000 times more efficient than a PC.

Ive made 400 dollars doing that stuff.  You just need to know WHAT to mine.  Sure,  bitcoin isn't profitable ,  but ethereum,  etc and zcash are. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 hour ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Ive made 400 dollars doing that stuff.  You just need to know WHAT to mine.  Sure,  bitcoin isn't profitable ,  but ethereum,  etc and zcash are. 

You ever mine doge coins?

There's Amazon's mturk...

Which is a grind but people do make a sizeable amount of money from it (though they spend a lot of time). 

System: Thinkpad T460

I mined $1500 worth of dogecoins and I sold my wow account for a couple hundred.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

46 minutes ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

You ever mine doge coins?

Not profitable,  as are all scrypt coins

It depends upon your goal or expectation of making money online, people who purely aim at cold hard cash will suffer burn out vs enjoyment from it.

Microsoft Rewards(formerly known as Bing Rewards), you get paid to search with Bing with Edge & your mobile device. There is also points to earn if you buy anything from Microsoft's Store which is useful at times.  (buying a Raspberry Pi 3 is slightly cheaper if bought during a free case promo)

Surveys, Amazon mturk, etc are time consuming but the payout can be worthwhile.

Sites which give 5-12% cash back in the form of points from using their affiliate link while shopping is another option, I've done this for all my shopping and it pays off----for the most part I don't always find Amazon being cheaper unless I need an item shipped faster.  (on average Amazon's Prime Shipping has been late by an extra day or two and at that point I can't justify buying everything from them, if you want my business you'll need to earn it)

Crypto-coin is a mixed bag for mining as the exchange rates are hard to predict unless you monitor the trend long enough to know when to sell or exchange to said currency. Some of the alt-coins aren't worth mining unless you have hardware optimized for that kind of mining and difficulty keeps rising so you're still reinvesting money into hardware to get the same mining results in some cases.

Try working on community projects with a donation option, you'd be amazed small "improvements/mods" to games, opensource and whatnot can be worth your time.

Write How-To guides as a blog then also sell them as a Kindle eBook on Amazon so people who loved the blog edition can support your work.

Write reviews of products, on Amazon you can earn a Vine account which allows you to get stuff for free to review and keep... typically I sell some of the stuff I no longer need which helps pay the bills.

DIY projects which you sell the item you've been working on, in the past I did this via Twitch on a separate account and it was amazing "DIY" streams are popular.

Twitch streaming can be profitable if you're willing to have viewer interaction.

Post videos onto YouTube, just like Twitch it can be profitable if your channel becomes popular--my friend shares a YT because a single person channel is hard to please a wider audience and the variety of projects/topics has helped grow the subscriber base.

I've made money and got a lifetime unlimited licensing of a program that I used for work, the developer loved my templates so much they became "bundled" with the stock program and some of the newer templates were rolled into major upgrades.  The program wasn't well known back in the mid-2000s, I liked their desktop publishing product so much that I gave away templates and the developer was impressed by community support.