USB Killer

7 hours ago, akshat2995 said:

My college uses some 20 year old mobos that start windows like a late opera concert and they hardly maintain the hardware. We registered numerous complaints regarding it but they just don't listen, maybe usb killer can force them to change it.

Hey, old computer lives matter.

I work in IT for K-12 and am slightly sad you guys made a video on this. Obviously its a legitimate product to cover, but there's a bunch of LTT fan students that we'll have to keep a closer eye on. 

8 hours ago, akshat2995 said:

My college uses some 20 year old mobos that start windows like a late opera concert and they hardly maintain the hardware. We registered numerous complaints regarding it but they just don't listen, maybe usb killer can force them to change it.

giphy.gif

Best of luck! If you get caught you'll be held liable for damages (at best, expelled).

1 hour ago, Clipboards said:

Best of luck! If you get caught you'll be held liable for damages (at best, expelled).

who knows whether i m plugin in a pen drive or usb killer but really those mobos are not contributing towards green computing they have clogged fans rusted heatsinks only eating power and not performing.

Can it be used to attack multiple devices that are wired up the same device being killed?

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

There is an easy and simple way for all people to avoid the USB killer 2.0. Get the Mac Book Pro 2016 :) 

10 hours ago, akela said:

There is an easy and simple way for all people to avoid the USB killer 2.0. Get the Mac Book Pro 2016 :) 

The USB kill will still damage the Mac Book Pro 2016. It will damage the thunder bolt port that you plug in to so you wont be able to use it for data device.     

On 12/22/2016 at 9:27 AM, nicklmg said:

Buy USB Killer on Amazon: http://geni.us/RjwUC

Computer destruction... is it really as easy as plugging in a USB device?

Dear Linus,

I've thought you have read my tweets. Thank you for making this video.

Note:It will kill your game consoles, and most of the devices. Suprisingly, the Note 7 survived it.

And remember Linus Media Groups, USB killer is a property of destruction.Not a prank. Do not plug into library, cybercafe or somewhere else computer. This might ended up costing you a lot of money.

Thank you for your appreciate and reading  and wish you Happy Christmas Day. Hope you like it.;)

Context Matters!

On 12/23/2016 at 8:55 PM, Trevor87 said:

The USB kill will still damage the Mac Book Pro 2016. It will damage the thunder bolt port that you plug in to so you wont be able to use it for data device.     

You plugged it into your MacBook?

Context Matters!

On 12/23/2016 at 3:33 AM, M.Yurizaki said:

I'm curious about how this works in detail. All I can find is it dumps -220V on the USB's data line. Which means ground is now 220V minus the reference voltage.

Oh. That's probably it.

USB killer works as charging the USB device rapidly and quickly discharge to electronic devices, causing the device TKO!! Don't ever use as a prank, destruction, tests, experiment or anything else. Any devices damaged by USB killer should be responsible to it. REMEMBER!!!!??

Context Matters!

6 hours ago, TechQuest said:

You plugged it into your MacBook?

NO. I have seen a video on YouTube from a good source. They plunged it in using a adapter into a MacBook Pro 2016 and it damages the thunder bolt port that the USB killer is in. It does not pick up any data devices on that port but it still charges.    

6 hours ago, Trevor87 said:

NO. I have seen a video on YouTube from a good source. They plunged it in using a adapter into a MacBook Pro 2016 and it damages the thunder bolt port that the USB killer is in. It does not pick up any data devices on that port but it still charges.    

Beware USB killer is better.

Context Matters!