USB Killer

I like how the video is about ways to protect yourself and saying those who use them are dicks, and then you give a link where to buy xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I like how the video is about ways to protect yourself and saying those who use them are dicks, and then you give a link where to buy xD 

"These are bad and you should not buy them!  ...But if you do, please use our Amazon affiliate link. :3"

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

"These are bad and you should not buy them!  ...But if you do, please use our Amazon affiliate link. :3"

And it doesnt link to the product

4 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Because we checked out the same product?... You must be new to the tech review party :P

I dunno, LMG has really gone down hill in originality ever since they ripped off Junkyard Wars 3 from Austin.  I honestly can't believe you guys didn't publicly apologize for that one.

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

I dunno, LMG has really gone down hill in originality ever since they ripped off Junkyard Wars 3 from Austin.  I honestly can't believe you guys didn't publicly apologize for that one.

wat

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

kill me instead, next door have a baby that is currently screaming like fuck (its 1:45 am)

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

funeral for the desk pc is needed

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

42 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Because we checked out the same product?... You must be new to the tech review party :P

no, the style of the vids seem more similar than usual

So uhh i built my own computer and i was justwondering if i could just buy one of the opto isolators and install it in my computer and where would i install it if possible?

Thanks,

Natsuu

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

Nice trick in the beginning! I actually thought you killed that badass machine :o 

I can see these being a problem for misbehaving employees. It shouldn't be hard to put a cheap USB drive in every port and have software shutdown the port and send an email alert when a drive is removed. @AluminiumTech what do you reckon? Should be a quick easy project

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I can see these being a problem for misbehaving employees. It shouldn't be hard to put a cheap USB drive in every port and have software shutdown the port and send an email alert when a drive is removed. @AluminiumTech what do you reckon? Should be a quick easy project

The problem is that a drive can be pulled and the killer ran before someone would be able to act, and the software can only disable OS access to devices connected to said port, but it'll still work.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

16 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

The problem is that a drive can be pulled and the killer ran before someone would be able to act, and the software can only disable OS access to devices connected to said port, but it'll still work.

my idea is to enforce a common corporate policy to not plug things into USB that everyone breaks when they charge their phone on a company computer

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

my idea is to enforce a common corporate policy to not plug things into USB that everyone breaks when they charge their phone on a company computer

That wouldn't stop anything. Unless one cements in the devices of every used port, and physically blocks access to unused ones, there is nothing stopping USB Killers.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

If you can't trust your employees to not kill things at the office, you have much bigger issues.  Trying to protect against the USB killer is not the solution to that problem.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Now LTT gave me an idea how to retaliate to the people I despise the most. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

My college uses some 20 year old mobos that start windows like a late opera concert and they hardly maintain the hardware. We registered numerous complaints regarding it but they just don't listen, maybe usb killer can force them to change it.

giphy.gif

Well anther way for manufactures of motherboards to stop the USB killer is to use fuses on there motherboards that you can replace.  

Can anyone give a guide to making a DIY usb killer? 

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.