"Basic" page for slow connection?

kelvinhall05

So, I'm sure that I'm not the only one with a slow connection ATM, but it would be nice to have a "basic" page for this forum, as it always takes forever to load on slow connections and will freeze (or at least for me), and then I need to reload the page. Anyways, I thought it would be a nice idea to add a feature (like Gmail) where there is an option to load a "basic" version of the forum. Something like this would minimize (or completely take away) animated clicks or whatever, take away themes, etc. Would this be possible? Thanks!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Wants to have a basic version of the forum, has a gif as their profile pic xD 

Also, LTT forums loads fine on a 0.6mbps connection so...I don't understand what you're talking about...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

This would be cool for us mobile/low data bandwidth users. 

I was on holiday a couple weeks ago and only had really shitty 3G available, LTT pages would take like 30s to load. This would've been a lifesaver haha

idk

2 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Wants to have a basic version of the forum, has a gif as their profile pic xD 

Also, LTT forums loads fine on a 0.6mbps connection so...I don't understand what you're talking about...

Lol good point :P 

I did say in my original post that this was just ATM, as my parents ordered a gigabit connection, but it feels like only 10-15mbps xD

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Lol good point :P 

I did say in my original post that this was just ATM, as my parents ordered a gigabit connection, but it feels like only 10-15mbps xD

10-15 mbps is more than enough for forum browsing, hell it can even stream 1080p youtube perfectly.

However, I still agree that this would be a good feature.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

2 hours ago, tarfeef101 said:

10-15 mbps is more than enough for forum browsing, hell it can even stream 1080p youtube perfectly.

However, I still agree that this would be a good feature.

Honestly, IDK how fast it is, as even when I'm not using a wireless connection (on my laptop) and I'm wired directly to the router, it can't even watch 240p videos without freezing and/or stuttering.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Honestly, IDK how fast it is, as even when I'm not using a wireless connection (on my laptop) and I'm wired directly to the router, it can't even watch 240p videos without freezing and/or stuttering.

Who is your ISP? How old is the laptop?

Computers r fun

2 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Who is your ISP? How old is the laptop?

ISP (internet service provider?) is Rogers in London, Canada. Not sure which year my laptop is from, but it's an ASUS UX31L. When I was on my old wifi (I moved into this new house just a few days ago) I was able to stream 1080p video just fine, as long as there wasn't more than 4 people actively using the wifi.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

ISP (internet service provider?) is Rogers in London, Canada. Not sure which year my laptop is from, but it's an ASUS UX31L. When I was on my old wifi (I moved into this new house just a few days ago) I was able to stream 1080p video just fine, as long as there wasn't more than 4 people actively using the wifi.

Can you run a speedtest?

Computers r fun

Can you run a speedtest?

Guess my earlier guesstimate was waaaay off. The annoying thing is, my parents ordered the plan with 1gbps download (not sure how fast upload, but over 100mbps AFAIK).

Screenshot (18).png

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Guess my earlier guesstimate was waaaay off. The annoying thing is, my parents ordered the plan with 1gbps download (not sure how fast upload, but over 100mbps AFAIK).

Screenshot (18).png

Luck, comcast doesnt even have a plan anywhere near half a gb...But that is weird. I would call your internet company.

Computers r fun

Luck, comcast doesnt even have a plan anywhere near half a gb...But that is weird. I would call your internet company.

My dad will contact them today, I'm only 11 so...

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

The site loads slowly sometimes. But so far I've only had issues with EDGE connection. 3G is usable. And I was fine with my old laptop from 2007. I don't if it helps that I'm using low res version of forums. It shouldn't since it still loads all profile gifs while I don't see them.

You could get browser extension to block gifs, images and videos by default. Then load them after you click them. That will make loading pages faster.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I've only had issues with EDGE connection.

Hee hee hee, my father's mifi hit it's monthly allowance of 8GB back in summer so his carrier locked the down speeds to 0.06mbps (with no restriction on upload), still loaded LTT mobile forums in less than 45 seconds per page...

On a side note, that's Japan for you, when you go over your data cap, they don't cut off your internet connection or make you pay for more data* (well they do make you pay more for the normal 10+mbps down speeds again), they just make you go back to dial up era again :D 

40 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Screenshot (18).png

dang... That kind of internet speed is when we had huge problems with our wifi. Personally we would unplug our router for 30 seconds to try and fix that kind of slow speed. 

whether it was a good idea or not may be debatable. 

18 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Hee hee hee, my father's mifi hit it's monthly allowance of 8GB back in summer so his carrier locked the down speeds to 0.06mbps (with no restriction on upload), still loaded LTT mobile forums in less than 45 seconds per page...

On a side note, that's Japan for you, when you go over your data cap, they don't cut off your internet connection or make you pay for more data* (well they do make you pay more for the normal 10+mbps down speeds again), they just make you go back to dial up era again :D 

Luckily my provider decided to extend their HSDPA range to place where I was having that issue, plus changing to 4G helped also. Before that I had to use another providers daily charged 3G to share it. Also, wtf are data caps :D No such things in here. Not any kind (I've used 4,8Gb this month, highest my phone shows is 13,4Gb from October). The site still loads bit slow on mobile, but not so much that it would be issue or cause timeouts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Also, wtf are data caps :D No such things in here. Not any kind

Well he has 8GB on a mifi and 2GB on his phone on his monthly plan and it's only like $20 per month including an iphone 6s so...I don't think he's gonna complain especially when if my sister, my mother and I aren't around, he only uses like 100MB per month combined :P 

On a side note, my sim only contract only has a 2GB allowance per month in the UK ;-; I cri everytie...hold on, I only use soundcloud on my mobile data so 2GB is more than enough :D 

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Screenshot (18).png

Meh, that's not a bad internet connection honestly

2 hours ago, Alaa said:

Meh, that's not a bad internet connection honestly

IMO, if McDonalds wifi is better than this (15 download, 7 upload) then it's bad wifi.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

yo guys, need little help here, a friend has a iphone 6s, keeps coming up with this when she trys to DC Find my iphone app

im thinking its very much network issue, but it is apple and my solution is normally kill it with fire when it comes to apple... BUT i  cant do this so what do you guys think, net connection issue ?

15682933_10157932140935471_1353627144_n.jpg

its iphone related, figured it be a good place to start in a iphone post, but fine ill take it else where

2 hours ago, ArcThanatos said:

its iphone related, figured it be a good place to start in a iphone post, but fine ill take it else where

Almost anywhere is better than this thread. This is about forum issue, not general phone/mobile data/wifi issues. Post to Troubleshooting or Phone / Tablets.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv