Timex Clock with Digital Radio and Two Alarms - Model #: T231GY3 Web Code: 10418201

I have been through two of these alarm clocks by Timex. I set it on the night stand next to my bed. I like it because its got 2 alarms, and digital radio with presets, its green LED and large numbers. Downside is the LED's are too bright, easily fixed by asking a window tint place for some scraps for free. There is a major defect with this radio, it is when you go to make your bed the whole clock resets to 12:00 and blinks. Meaning you have to reset the time, reset the alarm, reset the digital radio presets. At first I thought it was a bad wall outlet, or loose connection with it. Bad news for me, my maid that cleans the house twice a week through out the boxes. I went out and bought a second one to swap out and return. I did some other tests, I had a few shirts and jeans folded up and I let them go horizontally above the clock so the clothing would land flat on the ground in the proper way. Clock still resets. I tapped the alarm clock, reset on the odd occasion. I tried different outlets on different circuits, same thing happened. I tried installing fresh batteries, same thing happened. I think I am out $29.99 :(

Timex Clock Radio - Gunmetal

10418201.jpg
  • Model #: T231GY3
  • Web Code: 10418201

Timex Clock Radio Alaram.jpg

I purchased this item twice from two different store locations, same major retailer, its a bad product!

I will return the newer clock radio and buy a different brand. But I am still out $30, my own fault for not saving the boxes.

I liked that the clock had larger GREEN LED's, 2 alarm clocks and digital radio. No fussing around for a clear channel that seems to deviate on the analog radio's, even by just touching the snooze button the analog radio can go out of frequency. Even if I place the clock on the outside of the night table, when I make my bed and the sheets fly up then down it resets and is a pain to reset EVERYDAY. It might have to do with static electricity because I have shag carpet that always gives a static charge.

1 hour ago, corrado33 said:

-

I was thinking it should be moved to Member Review, now that I looked at ALL the headline titles.

35 minutes ago, W-L said:

Please ensure content is posted in the appropriate section

-Moved to Hobby Electronics-