Is this monitor upgradable to G-sync?

Joe3417

Is the BenQ XL2420TE upgradable to it or is the only monitor the vg248qe that can be?

All displays can be upgrated to G-sync provided you can mod displays. That is the only way it'll work - same goes for the VG248QE. It's a mod. Nothing more.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

All displays can be upgrated to G-sync provided you can mod displays. That is the only way it'll work - same goes for the VG248QE. It's a mod. Nothing more.

Provided your display uses the right interface/protocol between the scaler and the pannel (LVDS) ;)

Provided your display uses the right interface/protocol between the scaler and the pannel (LVDS) ;)

I know you will be able to buy a kit to upgrade the vg248qe yourself. What im asking is if you will be able to do the same with this one.

I know you will be able to buy a kit to upgrade the vg248qe yourself. What im asking is if you will be able to do the same with this one.

I.E. an official kit which requires "no skill" to upgrade? Not that I know of.

Nope, only that Asus monitor has space for G-Sync module.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

That's like if you said you can put DDR2 RAM into DDR3 slot if you mod it, or put an i5 into a 990FX board.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I actually thought NVIDIA's site said it's for all displays. Now that I re-read their post, it's only for the ASUS display.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

That's like if you said you can put DDR2 RAM into DDR3 slot if you mod it, or put an i5 into a 990FX board.

You can't. Even if it would fit, they are electrically different.

You can't. Even if it would fit, they are electrically different.

Yes, you just confirmed that you can't put the G-Sync module into the BenQ XL2420TE, it doesn't have a "slot" for it.

Yes, you just confirmed that you can't put the G-Sy&nc module into the BenQ XL2420TE, it doesn't have a "slot" for it.

I said what I said because I thought NVIDIA's post said it'd work on all displays. However, they said(after re-reading it) it's only for the ASUS display.

Yes, you just confirmed that you can't put the G-Sy&nc module into the BenQ XL2420TE, it doesn't have a "slot" for it.

Although you could probably hack it in there, something you wouldn't be able to do with your examples (DDR2 in DDR3 slot, i5 in FX990 chipset)