Whats highest good temps under load?

xmodex

For the i6700k cpu

And gtx 1080 gpu,

Whats the highest 'safe' temperatures i can be using them in? like i dont wanna run them at constant 90c degress right?

Anyone know a bit more about this?

it's combination of personal preference and manufacturer recommendation. the 1080 is probably safe unto about 75 - 80 degrees centigrade. the 6700k overclocked air cooled is probably safe around 85 ish degrees but this is just me make your own decision. 

The 1080 stats throttling after 83°C or so, but won't get damaged until about 100°C.

The i7, anything under 85°C at load is acceptable.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

ok thanks so for sure anything up to 80c is toats safe on both right,

Think with my current setup without any overclock i've seen max temps reach up to 70c, so i guess i got a bit of room for overclock right, but idk if ill be getting an advatage, never overclocked maybe i shouldnt try it xD

14 minutes ago, xmodex said:

ok thanks so for sure anything up to 80c is toats safe on both right,

Think with my current setup without any overclock i've seen max temps reach up to 70c, so i guess i got a bit of room for overclock right, but idk if ill be getting an advatage, never overclocked maybe i shouldnt try it xD

It's fine as long as you don't enter any danger zones. Also, if you wanna play with voltage and stuff, do read some threads on forums on how to overclock with and without voltage.

If you're concerned about temps, then try a better CPU cooler first then try overclocking. I don't overclock and my i5-6600K just reaches 57C under load. A lot of headroom there but I ain't using it atm so kinda pointless, unless if this thing miraculously hits 5GHz without changing voltage its good for sale. Same as your i7, some people would spend more to get the better silicon :P

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

3 hours ago, jooroth18 said:

For me im confortable running my i7 6700k at 85°c and the gpu at 83°c 

Ugh. I'm not. I have my fans set to 100% when the CPU (6600k) reaches 70. My GPU has never reached 75 except for the one time I forgot to start afterburner and the fan speed never increased...

Heat kills electronics. Less heat = less dead electronics. 

4 hours ago, xmodex said:

Think with my current setup without any overclock I've seen max temps reach up to 70c, so i guess i got a bit of room for overclock right, but idk if ill be getting an advantage, never overclocked maybe i shouldn't try it xD

I assume you are using the stock CPU cooler. The first thing you should do, if you want to overclock, would be to get a better cooler such as a CM Hyper 212, or similar.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD