Broken GPU GTX 1060 PCB AND HEATSINK

predat0r1705

i have broken one the tracks going to one of the video outputs and now the card is not powering up ......is there a way to fix it.....help guys

Spoiler

IMG_20161218_205054_Ink_LI.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20161218_205154_Ink_LI.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20161218_205329_Ink_LI.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

IMG_20161218_205411_Ink_LI.jpg

Edited by Godlygamer23
Put images into spoilers to reduce scrolling.

It looks like you cracked the PCB which there isn't any easy way to fix(that I know of)

My life

11 minutes ago, predat0r1705 said:

i have broken one the tracks going to one of the video outputs and now the card is not powering up ......is there a way to fix it.....help guys

Spoiler

IMG_20161218_205054_Ink_LI.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20161218_205154_Ink_LI.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

IMG_20161218_205411_Ink_LI.jpg

proof its a 1060?

Edited by Godlygamer23
Matched quote to edited OP post.

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

May I ask how you managed to do that? I think you can fix it, but it's not easy to do at all. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

May I ask how you managed to do that? I think you can fix it, but it's not easy to do at all. 

It looks he dropped it

My life

1 minute ago, predat0r1705 said:

IMG_20161218_212158.jpg

how did you break the gpu?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

7 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

actually it is of my friend.....his parents broke his pc by using a steel rod and ripped apart the gpu.....he gave it to me to see if it could be repaired

Just now, predat0r1705 said:

actually it is of my friend.....his parents broke his pc by using a steel rod and ripped apart the gpu.....he gave it to me to see if it could be repaired

And why did they do that?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

1 minute ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

how did you break the gpu?

actually it is of my friend.....his parents broke his pc by using a steel rod and ripped apart the gpu.....he gave it to me to see if it could be repaire

Although it looks like you only broke one track there are many mores on the multiple layers i dont think you have any chance with this sorry. 

actually it is of my friend.....his parents broke his pc by using a steel rod and ripped apart the gpu.....he gave it to me to see if it could be repaire

ok

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

And why did they do that?

i guess their mental state is not okay.......can you help ......what if i solder that broken track

i guess their mental state is not okay.......can you help ......what if i solder that broken track

You still have to deal with the multiple layers in the board that have been broken.

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

This is real depressing man...

it's a gamer's nightmare......guess it time to start saving money......again

How the fuck did that happen?

You're screwed. Either try and return it under warranty (which they probably won't accept) or buy a new one.

EDIT: Just saw the picture of the dents and dings on the heatsink and fans. Yeah, there's no way anyone is going to accept that back as warranty. Best start saving for a new card.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

The "easiest" thing to get this GPU back to life (and the GPU itself is not broken) would be so salvage a card (1060 with same amount of VRAM) with just a broken GPU and go to a professional store to solder the working gpu to the working card.
Other then that, I don't see much hope for that GPU to work again.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

34 minutes ago, Thx And Bye said:

The "easiest" thing to get this GPU back to life (and the GPU itself is not broken) would be so salvage a card (1060 with same amount of VRAM) with just a broken GPU and go to a professional store to solder the working gpu to the working card.
Other then that, I don't see much hope for that GPU to work again.

i would have but i don't think there are any professionals in india who could salvage it......anyway thanks man