CPU AIO Cooler Fitting

JKDer

Hey Everyone, I'm in the process of building out a new system and ran into a snag.  No compatibility issues showed up on pcpartpicker.com when plugging in these parts:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Case

NZXT Kraken X62

Corsair Vengeance LED RAM

Gigabyte X99 Designare

When I try to mount the radiator/fan combo of the X62 to the top of the case - attaching to the slide-out tray on the Phanteks - it looks like the Corsair Vengeance LED RAM is just a bit too high to allow me to slide the tray all the way back into the top?  Anyone else have this combination having the same issue?  I know I can mount the radiator to the front, but I'd like to use the top if I can.  Thanks.

RAM clearance pretty much is what it is. Unless you want to swap your RAM out for lower-profile stuff, using the front of your case to mount the cooler as an intake would seem to be your best bet.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Well thats what I did to my radiator, to use my way to tall RAM + way too big radiator in the top (I have only minimal clearance to the glass panel too):

op5YNyh.jpg

But since I'm only using 120mm fans and the NZXT Kraken X62 has 140mm fans, I'd say you can either fit it in the ffront, or look for a 120mm wide radiator / AiO.
And on PCPartpicker it might not've shown incompatibility, since you can always fit the radiator in the front.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

Ok, thanks for the replies.  I was hoping that maybe I was overlooking something, but it looks like I may have to mount it to the front after all.  Stupid question:  since there are already fans in the front of the Phanteks case, do I remove those before mounting the radiator/fan combo?  Also, I'm assuming that I mount the radiator so that it's in the front-most position and the fans are towards the inside of the case, correct?  Thanks again. 

On 12/18/2016 at 7:46 PM, JKDer said:

Also, I'm assuming that I mount the radiator so that it's in the front-most position and the fans are towards the inside of the case, correct?

Pull will always be the best thing for easy dust cleaning since on push the dust would collect between fan and radiator.
But since there is a big air filter in the front, just mount the fans where they originally belong and mount the radiator on the other side.
Thats at least how I'd do it, just try it and look what works / looks best. Shouldn't affect performace anyways.

So that I can see you repied, you can either @Thx And Bye or quote me. Otherwiese I won't be notified.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

On 12/20/2016 at 11:47 AM, Thx And Bye said:

Pull will always be the best thing for easy dust cleaning since on push the dust would collect between fan and radiator.
But since there is a big air filter in the front, just mount the fans where they originally belong and mount the radiator on the other side.
Thats at least how I'd do it, just try it and look what works / looks best. Shouldn't affect performace anyways.

So that I can see you repied, you can either @Thx And Bye or quote me. Otherwiese I won't be notified.

Great, that helps.  Thank you.