Opinions on Dell S2417DG?

lolpwnd31

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-S2417DG-YNY1D-24-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B01IOO4SGK

Sadly it ships after Christmas on Amazon, but I could try Newegg.

I saw its 27-inch counterpart, and I thought it was great; the colors were good and I couldn't notice the viewing angles, being TN. But my eyes have only seen a measly budget $100 IPS monitor (and I actually think the colors on the Dell are a bit better somehow, but that's likely placebo), so my eyes are untrained. Is this monitor worth the money? It's $430 on Amazon and I still have the ability to use the free trial for Prime

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

24 inches for a 1440p display will look weird. The high PPI would make words almost unreadable, unless you lower the resolution for web browsing. I don't think it is a big deal when it comes to gaming, but everything else will look off. Go for the 27inch, it is worth it. 

39 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

24 inches for a 1440p display will look weird. The high PPI would make words almost unreadable, unless you lower the resolution for web browsing. I don't think it is a big deal when it comes to gaming, but everything else will look off. Go for the 27inch, it is worth it. 

I thought about that... I'm switching from a 21.5 in 1080p monitor to this