Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crazy_guy_757

New gpu doesnt display anything

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

My friend got a new gpu and didnt know how to install it so i came over to help. I figured out that the mobo has a pcie 2.0 slot and the gpu is 3.0 i dont know how to make it work so i need help pls.

 

Mobo is an Acer AAHD3-VC

 

Ans the gpu is a MSI 1060

 

I tried to disable the integrated but couldnt find the option in the bois also im not 100% on how to update the bios. Any information is helpful

 

Thanks,

Chris and Cam 

 

1481932051133-1654101282.jpg

14819320741901668264438.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

its not a pci problem since pci is backward compatible

 

are u sure u plugged the cable to the gpu and not the mobo?

can the psu supply enough power?

how long did u wait for it to start?

do the fans spin up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, potatoproduction said:

im not sure but looking at the picture it looks like the gpu power connector is not connected to the power supply/mobo

This. ^

1481932051133-1654101282.jpg

That yellow cable on the bottom right of this picture needs to be plugged into an empty PCI-E port on the power supply.  If there isn't any empty one (it looks like the power supply isn't modular) then one of the PCI-E cables from the power supply need to be plugged into the graphics cards where the yellow cable is now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
18 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

This. ^

1481932051133-1654101282.jpg

That yellow cable on the bottom right of this picture needs to be plugged into an empty PCI-E port on the power supply.  If there isn't any empty one (it looks like the power supply isn't modular) then one of the PCI-E cables from the power supply need to be plugged into the graphics cards where the yellow cable is now.

There is two pcie connectors on that one cable and one is plugged into the gpu 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
20 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

This. ^

1481932051133-1654101282.jpg

That yellow cable on the bottom right of this picture needs to be plugged into an empty PCI-E port on the power supply.  If there isn't any empty one (it looks like the power supply isn't modular) then one of the PCI-E cables from the power supply need to be plugged into the graphics cards where the yellow cable is now.

There is two pcie connectors on that one cable and one is plugged into the gpu 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, potatoproduction said:

im not sure but looking at the picture it looks like the gpu power connector is not connected to the power supply/mobo

 

21 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

That yellow cable on the bottom right of this picture needs to be plugged into an empty PCI-E port on the power supply.  If there isn't any empty one (it looks like the power supply isn't modular) then one of the PCI-E cables from the power supply need to be plugged into the graphics cards where the yellow cable is now.

Nope, ah shizzle, OP already 'corrected' you guys :/ 

 

Alright, time to start off with the most basic trouble shooting:

Triple check all connections, including the front panel power buttons

Are you sure the PSU and the socket are both switched on? 


Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

fans work, gpu is plugged in to psu and mobo, all the connecter on the mobo and panel are in. I know the problem is that the mobo pcie is 2.0 and the gpu is 3.0 but i just cant find thw option to disable integrated and the mobos bios doesnt recognize that there is a new gpu well it kinda does but i just makes it not display out of the mobo display connectors or the gpu display connectors

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crazy_guy_757 said:

fans work, gpu is plugged in to psu and mobo, all the connecter on the mobo and panel are in. I know the problem is that the mobo pcie is 2.0 and the gpu is 3.0 but i just cant find thw option to disable integrated and the mobos bios doesnt recognize that there is a new gpu well it kinda does but i just makes it not display out of the mobo display connectors or the gpu display connectors

I had a similar problem with my RX460 card. The problem was the bios, I needed to update it. Now I'm having a different issue, but after checking all connections, you should check with the MOBO manufacture and check to see if they have updated the bios. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

This. ^

 

That yellow cable on the bottom right of this picture needs to be plugged into an empty PCI-E port on the power supply.  If there isn't any empty one (it looks like the power supply isn't modular) then one of the PCI-E cables from the power supply need to be plugged into the graphics cards where the yellow cable is now.

No it doesn't, that's the second 6+2 for a more demanding GPU.


Ryzen 3600X, MSI B450-A Pro, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Watercooled MSI GTX 1080 Armor,

Seasonic SSR-550rm, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Rosewill Stryker M

 

Xeon X5680, X58 Sabertooth, 24GB KLEVV 1600Mhz , Windforce GTX 960 4GB OC, Corsair CX550M 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×