New gpu doesnt display anything

Crazy_guy_757

My friend got a new gpu and didnt know how to install it so i came over to help. I figured out that the mobo has a pcie 2.0 slot and the gpu is 3.0 i dont know how to make it work so i need help pls.

Mobo is an Acer AAHD3-VC

Ans the gpu is a MSI 1060

I tried to disable the integrated but couldnt find the option in the bois also im not 100% on how to update the bios. Any information is helpful

Thanks,

Chris and Cam 

1481932051133-1654101282.jpg

14819320741901668264438.jpg

its not a pci problem since pci is backward compatible

are u sure u plugged the cable to the gpu and not the mobo?

can the psu supply enough power?

how long did u wait for it to start?

do the fans spin up?

im not sure but looking at the picture it looks like the gpu power connector is not connected to the power supply/mobo

10 minutes ago, potatoproduction said:

im not sure but looking at the picture it looks like the gpu power connector is not connected to the power supply/mobo

This. ^

That yellow cable on the bottom right of this picture needs to be plugged into an empty PCI-E port on the power supply.  If there isn't any empty one (it looks like the power supply isn't modular) then one of the PCI-E cables from the power supply need to be plugged into the graphics cards where the yellow cable is now.

18 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

This. ^

That yellow cable on the bottom right of this picture needs to be plugged into an empty PCI-E port on the power supply.  If there isn't any empty one (it looks like the power supply isn't modular) then one of the PCI-E cables from the power supply need to be plugged into the graphics cards where the yellow cable is now.

There is two pcie connectors on that one cable and one is plugged into the gpu 

20 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

This. ^

There is two pcie connectors on that one cable and one is plugged into the gpu 

35 minutes ago, potatoproduction said:

21 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Nope, ah shizzle, OP already 'corrected' you guys :/ 

Alright, time to start off with the most basic trouble shooting:

Triple check all connections, including the front panel power buttons

Are you sure the PSU and the socket are both switched on? 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

fans work, gpu is plugged in to psu and mobo, all the connecter on the mobo and panel are in. I know the problem is that the mobo pcie is 2.0 and the gpu is 3.0 but i just cant find thw option to disable integrated and the mobos bios doesnt recognize that there is a new gpu well it kinda does but i just makes it not display out of the mobo display connectors or the gpu display connectors

2 hours ago, Crazy_guy_757 said:

fans work, gpu is plugged in to psu and mobo, all the connecter on the mobo and panel are in. I know the problem is that the mobo pcie is 2.0 and the gpu is 3.0 but i just cant find thw option to disable integrated and the mobos bios doesnt recognize that there is a new gpu well it kinda does but i just makes it not display out of the mobo display connectors or the gpu display connectors

I had a similar problem with my RX460 card. The problem was the bios, I needed to update it. Now I'm having a different issue, but after checking all connections, you should check with the MOBO manufacture and check to see if they have updated the bios. 

2 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

This. ^

No it doesn't, that's the second 6+2 for a more demanding GPU.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430