Anyone know antenna polarization and which one to get??????!!

Legolessed
1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

No it would not work with your receiver as it has an RP-SMA connector. It's like Display Port vs Mini Displayport. Both accomplish the same things, but are not cross compatible. 

My friend has one of those, it's not great performance wise. Stick with the AOMWAY antennae as they are supposed to perform really well for the price. Also the cloverleaves are really stiff so if you stick one of those on your aircraft, the leaves will have a harder time bending in a crash.

Are there any antenna that work with both? I'm confused. I'm using the same FPV display so it would be the same connector. I thought the difference between the two signals was that one was recieved only in one angle vs the other one was 360°

3 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Are there any antenna that work with both? I'm confused. I'm using the same FPV display so it would be the same connector. I thought the difference between the two signals was that one was recieved only in one angle vs the other one was 360°

No. These are omnidirectional antennae so their signal is emitted in a sphere, that's the colorful bubble @Enderman posted. Orientation does not matter. The direction the antenna is polarized in is important to your signal quality, which is what @jagster2k was talking about. What other transmitter are you using?

I think this video might clear up some of your confusion. 

ASU

2 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

No. These are omnidirectional antennae so their signal is emitted in a sphere, that's the colorful bubble @Enderman posted. Orientation does not matter. The direction the antenna is polarized in is important to your signal quality, which is what @jagster2k was talking about. What other transmitter are you using?

I think this video might clear up some of your confusion. 

I'm using the jjrc h6d and the txo2 https://www.amazon.com/600TVL-Camera-Indoor-Inductrix-Battery/dp/B01M2WABHY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1481941123&sr=8-5&keywords=Fpv%2Baio&tag=linus21-20

So you have a transmitter and a receiver. Remembering that this is an analog signal, think of the transmitter (the camera assembly) as someone talking, and the receiver as a microphone which is then sent to the speakers which in this case would be your FPV monitor. The antennae make the connection between the TX and the RX happen.

ASU

So you have a transmitter and a receiver. Remembering that this is an analog signal, think of the transmitter (the camera assembly) as someone talking, and the receiver as a microphone which is then sent to the speakers which in this case would be your FPV monitor. The antennae make the connection between the TX and the RX happen.

Ok. Is there an antenna though that could be used for both? A microphone that could be used for both voices?

Ok. Is there an antenna though that could be used for both? A microphone that could be used for both voices?

Yes. I have two of the exact same antenna in my system. Two RHCP Immersion RC spironets, one on my quad the other on my goggles. Again, because it's analog, there's no handshake that has to occur like in a digital system. You get video if the antennae are compatible and if the receiver is listening to the right frequency.

ASU

Yes. I have two of the exact same antenna in my system. Two RHCP Immersion RC spironets, one on my quad the other on my goggles. Again, because it's analog, there's no handshake that has to occur like in a digital system. You get video if the antennae are compatible and if the receiver is listening to the right frequency.

So I could use 1 antenna on my receiver that would be able to listen to the two different receivers? What would I need? On my jjrc h6d would it offer better reception? Sorry for asking so many questions

Just now, Legolessed said:

So I could use 1 antenna on my receiver that would be able to listen to the two different receivers? What would I need? On my jjrc h6d would it offer better reception? Sorry for asking so many questions

No it's fine, I love talking about FPV stuff. So if I understand what you're asking, you want to know if you can run the same antenna on two or more transmitters? You won't be able to have one receiver receive two at once, but as long as you're doing one at a time it's fine. You don't need a different antenna for every FPV device you have. Consistency is a good thing when you're starting.

ASU

No it's fine, I love talking about FPV stuff. So if I understand what you're asking, you want to know if you can run the same antenna on two or more transmitters? You won't be able to have one receiver receive two at once, but as long as you're doing one at a time it's fine. You don't need a different antenna for every FPV device you have. Consistency is a good thing when you're starting.

Ok. so get an aomway antenna that has that connector and it will receive the signal from the jjrc h6d and the txo2? Will it provide better signal than my dipole one? Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to FPV. Thank you so much for helping me!

1 minute ago, Legolessed said:

Ok. so get an aomway antenna that has that connector and it will receive the signal from the jjrc h6d and the txo2? Will it provide better signal than my dipole one? Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to FPV. Thank you so much for helping me!

Yeah linear antennae are shit for FPV. Remember how circularly polarized antennae emit in a spherical pattern? Linear antennae (the black stick ones like on your wifi card) emit their signal in straight lines parallel to the antenna in a circular pattern. Then whatever intersects those lines on the receiving antenna is what gets displayed. Now this is fine for fixed orientation things like computers on a wifi network, but for something changing orientation like a drone, the circularly polarized is what you want.

ASU

3 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Yeah linear antennae are shit for FPV. Remember how circularly polarized antennae emit in a spherical pattern? Linear antennae (the black stick ones like on your wifi card) emit their signal in straight lines parallel to the antenna in a circular pattern. Then whatever intersects those lines on the receiving antenna is what gets displayed. Now this is fine for fixed orientation things like computers on a wifi network, but for something changing orientation like a drone, the circularly polarized is what you want.

Awesome thank you so much.i couldn't find any aomway antennas the just came in a one pack that had that connector but I did find these. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZYFNW8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_J6mvybsjs

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GL6SQJI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_W7mvyb4S8MKVG

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYNLRXK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_4-mvyb9ZY9Z9Q

Are any of these good? Sorry I keep asking questions

Awesome thank you so much.i couldn't find any aomway antennas the just came in a one pack that had that connector but I did find these. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZYFNW8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_J6mvybsjs

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GL6SQJI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_W7mvyb4S8MKVG

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYNLRXK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_4-mvyb9ZY9Z9Q

Are any of these good? Sorry I keep asking questions

I've seen a lot of pro pilots using these despite them being a super cheap Chinese antenna. https://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_45_49_97&products_id=5785 I'd get one of these if I needed a supper cheap 5.8 antenna.

ASU

I've seen a lot of pro pilots using these despite them being a super cheap Chinese antenna. https://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_45_49_97&products_id=5785 I'd get one of these if I needed a supper cheap 5.8 antenna.

Thanks ok.is this the same thing on Amazon? FOXEER 5.8G Circular polarized Omni Cloud Spirit Tx Rx RHCP Antenna SMA PA1307 for 5.8GHz FPV Racing Drone like QAV250 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GL6SQJI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_8lnvyb7XGSNGN

Thanks ok.is this the same thing on Amazon? FOXEER 5.8G Circular polarized Omni Cloud Spirit Tx Rx RHCP Antenna SMA PA1307 for 5.8GHz FPV Racing Drone like QAV250 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GL6SQJI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_8lnvyb7XGSNGN

It might be internally, but the one you've linked is designed to look like an Immersion RC antenna. Also that lid probably isn't as durable.

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

It might be internally, but the one you've linked is designed to look like an Immersion RC antenna. Also that lid probably isn't as durable.

I want the free 2 day shipping??? looks aren't super important to me. Sorry

I want the free 2 day shipping??? looks aren't super important to me. Sorry

No I'm saying it's a marketing thing. Foxeer designed that antenna to trick really stupid people into thinking they're buying something else. What I'm really worried about with the antenna you linked is what it will do when you crash it really hard into the ground if you put it on a bigger quad in the future. Honestly, it's probably good enough.

ASU

4 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Actually how fast is the shipping from ready made rc?

2 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Actually how fast is the shipping from ready made rc?

They usually ship to me pretty quickly on the cheapest shipping method, but they might be a little bogged down with holiday orders. Usually like 3 days and their warehouse is like on the other side of the country from where I am.

ASU

3 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

No I'm saying it's a marketing thing. Foxeer designed that antenna to trick really stupid people into thinking they're buying something else. What I'm really worried about with the antenna you linked is what it will do when you crash it really hard into the ground if you put it on a bigger quad in the future. Honestly, it's probably good enough.

Wait but I'm putting the antenna onto the receiver? 

Wait but I'm putting the antenna onto the receiver? 

Your video monitor thing. 

ASU

Your video monitor thing. 

Ya. But how fast is the shipping from ready made rc

Just now, Legolessed said:

Ya. But how fast is the shipping from ready made rc

I edited my post to include that, for me around 3 business days on their cheapest option.

ASU