Biggest Bottleneck youve seen/created/imagined

ZXL_115

Celeron D 346 + GTX 780 Ti (and I was the one using it :P)
Proof : LINK.

Could do Titan XP + Celeron D if someone would send me that card ;) (I live in PL) 

PS. For oldest CPU architecture + new GPU, I tested that GTX 780 Ti (28nm) with Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 3,46GHz (130nm) : 

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

1 hour ago, Dawson Wehage said:

the canadian dollar.

linus would hate you rn lmao

Just now, ZXL_115 said:

xD probably

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, ZXL_115 said:

least im canadian and saying it, not sure if thats a bad thing or a good thing

The geek himself.

19 minutes ago, agent_x007 said:

Celeron D 346 + GTX 780 Ti (and I was the one using it :P)
Proof : LINK.

Could do Titan XP + Celeron D if someone would send me that card ;) (I live in PL) 

PS. For oldest CPU architecture + new GPU, I tested that GTX 780 Ti (28nm) with Pentium Extreme Edition 3,46GHz (130nm) : 

Man, I would lol but my best and only pcie gpu is my 1050ti (aside from a dead xfx gt 9600 and the dual monitor radeon i put in my parents pc)

For a short period of time, and I mean only a couple days, I was running a gts8800 with my watercooled, overclocked 4790K.

Then I ran that same 4790k system with a R9 270X (Which honestly didn't affect me that much since Arma 2 was the main game I was playing at the time, and it was still being cpu bottlenecked.) for about 6 months before upgrading finally to an R9 Fury X, and from there to the dual 390's as I've got now.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I honetly want to see a titan x (non pascal) and a pentium 4 tbh. this guy on youtube has a really cool pentium 4 672 machine that runs doom at 30fps. ill link the vid:

It's so crazy the stuff hes put into this build.

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I absolutely hate his speach Rhythm and speed especially at the end thumbs up crap.

2 minutes ago, Atmos said:

For a short period of time, and I mean only a couple days, I was running a gts8800 with my watercooled, overclocked 4790K.

Then I ran that same 4790k system with a R9 270X (Which honestly didn't affect me that much since Arma 2 was the main game I was playing at the time, and it was still being cpu bottlenecked.) for about 6 months before upgrading finally to an R9 Fury X, and from there to the dual 390's as I've got now.

Are your 390's water-cooled or air cooled?

Just now, ZXL_115 said:

Are your 390's water-cooled or air cooled?

Air cooled. 

The g1 doesn't have any supported water blocks, because gigabrick decided it would be better to make a custom pcb, then skimp out on vrm quality and change the pcb layout heavily.

Don't buy Gigabytes AMD cards. They're garbage. Just... across the board avoid them at all costs. I had to replace a fan on each of these cards because after only a couple months they both failed outright.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

31 minutes ago, agent_x007 said:

PS. For oldest CPU architecture + new GPU, I tested that GTX 780 Ti (28nm) with Pentium Extreme Edition 3,46GHz (130nm) : 

130nm? holy hell thats big. i didont know cpus had that big of a dye until now.

Just now, Senzelian said:

Consoles and 4K...

*cough ps4 pro*

*cough slighty bumped up cpu and gpu clocks*

*cough slightly higher memory bandwith*

*cough not worth it just get a ps4 or ps4 slim if your gonna get ps4*

Just now, ZXL_115 said:

*cough ps4 pro*

If there was Tetris available for the Playstation, they could have at least one game running at 4K/60.

Anyone watch Australian Youtubers? 

5 minutes ago, fpo said:

Anyone watch Australian Youtubers? 

I HAD GREEN HAM IN MIND WHEN I MADE THIS POST! I love GHG, this video was great. :)

4 minutes ago, refinedskillz said:

Gaming on a Mac.

Truth lmao

8 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

If there was Tetris available for the Playstation, they could have at least one game running at 4K/60.

Or knowing devs, upscale it instead of making it native 4k lol

12 minutes ago, ZXL_115 said:

I HAD GREEN HAM IN MIND WHEN I MADE THIS POST! I love GHG, this video was great. :)

Finally another that likes watching Pentium 4s and radeon 7950s paired together to play fallout 4! 

A few years ago I had a c2q q6600 and a 9800gt. I slowly started upgrading parts one at a time (I'm broke lmao.) For a few months I had a FX 8320 and 9800gt.. YEAH. The reason I upgraded the CPU and RAM before the GPU was I needed more room for minecraft servers, I hosted a few back then. But yeah, for a brief moment there I owned the worst gaming PC EVER. xD

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

My newly built PC has 32 GB of RAM, designed to handle production/workstation-grade memory capacity. Though the only bottleneck I could draw conclusions from is the i7 6700 (if dealing with multi-threading programs all the time), and likely not the rx 480 with 8GB (planned to be paired with WX 5100 on PCIe 3 x4 speed in the sale-bound future for production periods).

Storage is no problem due to have a pre-planned allocation tiering with NVMe M.2s, SATA SSDs, and RAID 1 HDD pair totaling near 4 TB.

My current laptop, on the other hand... older generation i5 3230M, 4GB RAM, and 500 GB HGST HDD. I can give it a good 8 GB and 1 TB SSD for a $300 (or 500 GB and data trimming for cost reduction) to extend its life, but its graphics will always be the one bottleneck unless I replace the laptop. Could have the option to just virtualize my more demanding games via my desktop and play remotely at home or farther out, but that'll burn some home electricity, either way.

Spoiler

Primary PC - Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 w/ 8GB RAM and HDD to SSD upgrades - Multi-Purpose / Light Gaming Laptop

Aurelia Null Box - Custom Gamer-Developer Hybrid Desktop PC: Link Below (Intel Core i7 6700, RX 480)

2 hours ago, fpo said:

Finally another that likes watching Pentium 4s and radeon 7950s paired together to play fallout 4! 

Ah man, I love old hardware. And I love new hardware, but theres something about fixing up an old pc with some newer parts thats satisfying. Tinkering with old hardware is fun too. :D 

2 hours ago, 2Buck said:

A few years ago I had a c2q q6600 and a 9800gt. I slowly started upgrading parts one at a time (I'm broke lmao.) For a few months I had a FX 8320 and 9800gt.. YEAH. The reason I upgraded the CPU and RAM before the GPU was I needed more room for minecraft servers, I hosted a few back then. But yeah, for a brief moment there I owned the worst gaming PC EVER. xD

I run a resonable quad q9650 with a 1050ti. Kinda regret it though, but it performs pretty good for its age (aside from gta 5, my pc has texture pop-ins and stutter up the ying yang and ive seen a q6600 with a 1050ti run it better)