why is it that when i wake from sleep my start menu is popped up?

minimalist
Go to solution Solved by ivan134,

Happens to me too. I think Windows 10 just puts it to sleep in the exact state it was.

Every time I wake from sleep this is what i see and I don't know why.  It's a small problem but it's driving me nuts. 

2016-12-16 11_54_21-Program Manager.png

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Happens to me too. I think Windows 10 just puts it to sleep in the exact state it was.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

Just now, Speedbird said:

If you go to sleep from the start menu, it will remain open when you wake it back up.

What's the shortcut to sleep?

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

what they said ^

if its really bothering you, you could use a sleep button on your keyboard
or go to power options and set your pc power button to Sleep the computer

Photography / Finance / Gaming

You sure this wan't a "hey guys, look at my badass screen" post?  :D

Just go into Windows Power Options and configure you power button as a sleep button.  Every time you press it after that, the system will go to sleep.

You can also use this link to set up Shut Down, Sleep, or Restart icons for your desktop.

27 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

You sure this wan't a "hey guys, look at my badass screen" post?  :D

Just go into Windows Power Options and configure you power button as a sleep button.  Every time you press it after that, the system will go to sleep.

You can also use this link to set up Shut Down, Sleep, or Restart icons for your desktop.

yes i promise lol didn't even think it was badass.  now my old one with rainmeter, that was badass.