Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FlushaDev

Can someone send me a Garry's Mod PC? Just for Garry's Mod and some CS:GO

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I know, it's kind of stupid but since these are the games I still enjoy after 4 years of playing them why not have a PC just for them.

Send some builds from pcpartpicker.com or something below


"The only way to do great work, is do do what you love." -Steve Jobs

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Also for GMod:

I wanna play on high settings above about 100FPS

And CS doesn't really matter, anywhere from about 60-70s FPS


"The only way to do great work, is do do what you love." -Steve Jobs

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you only want to play these two games, you will probably only need a dual-core without hyperthreading.  The GPU is absolute overkill, but I didn't want to go to the 750 ti for $10 less.

 

 

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4400 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($57.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus H110M-A/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($40.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: PNY CS1311 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Best Buy)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Mini Video Card  ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($19.49 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($46.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $385.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-16 09:51 EST-0500


For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Weak1ings said:

If you only want to play these two games, you will probably only need a dual-core without hyperthreading.  The GPU is absolute overkill, but I didn't want to go to the 750 ti for $10 less.

 

 

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4400 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($57.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus H110M-A/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($40.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: PNY CS1311 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Best Buy)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Mini Video Card  ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($19.49 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($46.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $385.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-16 09:51 EST-0500

might aswell just put in a GTX 1050TI so he only has the upgrade the CPU later instead of both.


Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

   PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Weak1ings said:

If you only want to play these two games, you will probably only need a dual-core without hyperthreading.  The GPU is absolute overkill, but I didn't want to go to the 750 ti for $10 less.

 

 

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4400 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($57.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus H110M-A/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($40.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: PNY CS1311 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Best Buy)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Mini Video Card  ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($19.49 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($46.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $385.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-16 09:51 EST-0500

Thank you for taking the time putting a build together for me +rep!


"The only way to do great work, is do do what you love." -Steve Jobs

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

I am shipping the PC right now, hold on. Two weeks ETA.

Roger that,

Toaster out


"The only way to do great work, is do do what you love." -Steve Jobs

Link to post
Share on other sites

quick note on the amount of cores both those games use:

- Gmod uses two cores, theres pretty much nothing to be done about that

- CS:GO *can* use more than two, but in most if not all cases it runs worse if you force it to use more cores.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldnt go with pentium but its just my opinion ... u will have to upgrade next year already i'd go for i3 6100 so ur set for 2-3 years


GPU: Amd radeon 7870

RAM: 2x4 GB TRASCEND

CPU: i5-3570K @3.4Ghz

Motherboard: Z77 pro3 from Asrock

OS: Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Lolcrokn said:

I wouldnt go with pentium but its just my opinion ... u will have to upgrade next year already i'd go for i3 6100 so ur set for 2-3 years

The build is supposed to be for GMod and CS:GO, only for these games


"The only way to do great work, is do do what you love." -Steve Jobs

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lolcrokn said:

I wouldnt go with pentium but its just my opinion ... u will have to upgrade next year already i'd go for i3 6100 so ur set for 2-3 years

*only for these two games*

*these two games only use two cores*

--

why would he suddenly need to upgrade next year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, manikyath said:

*only for these two games*

*these two games only use two cores*

--

why would he suddenly need to upgrade next year?

Just what I said :D


"The only way to do great work, is do do what you love." -Steve Jobs

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FlushaDev said:

Just what I said :D

it bugs me when people do that.

 

if it was as clear cut as some of these people think it is there would only be 3 processors released per year, because all else would be completely useless.

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/x7RHqk

i'm gonna drop this in as a *slightly higher performance* alternative to before mentioned rig.

quick overview:

- slightly faster pentium, may come in handy if you go craycray on the Gmods

- just a random mobo, replace with what you prefer, i honestly dont care :P

- 8GB ram, go with a 1x8 stick if you go DDR4, 2x4 is a waste of money.

- 240GB SSD, should be plenty for all you need this rig for

- GTX1050Ti, for dem framez in CS:GO

- <insert random case of your choice here>

- corsair CXM because it's good enough, and sorry seasonic, your low end models just kinda look hideous :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, alexbianchi15 said:

find a piece of crap pc and put an rx 460 in there. 

what i thought :D

there are so many not soooooo bad computers out there you can throw a decent low end gpu in and you are ready to go.

 

But be careful, there are a lot of poeple thinking their 5 years old PC is still 80% worth what it was when they bought it. 


- If in doubt,        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Super1337victim said:

what i thought :D

there are so many not soooooo bad computers out there you can throw a decent low end gpu in and you are ready to go.

 

But be careful, there are a lot of poeple thinking their 5 years old PC is still 80% worth what it was when they bought it. 

that, and the better single core performance of modern chips REALLY helping out when you go crazy with Gmod :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, manikyath said:

that, and the better single core performance of modern chips REALLY helping out when you go crazy with Gmod :P

you are  right, it would take a while to find the right setup for a good price.

And still then you won´t have the singlecore performance.

What about the G3258? 

I remember an experiment @toms hardware where they tried to OC it with the cheapest mobo possible. But really don´t know if it´s relevant here. 

 

EDIT: ok probably not, on stock the singlecore performance is still not as good as the G4400 and the G3258 is even more expensive :(


- If in doubt,        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Super1337victim said:

you are  right, it would take a while to find the right setup for a good price.

And still then you won´t have the singlecore performance.

What about the G3258? 

I remember an experiment @toms hardware where they tried to OC it with the cheapest mobo possible. But really don´t know if it´s relevant here. 

 

EDIT: ok probably not, on stock the singlecore performance is still not as good as the G4400 and the G3258 is even more expensive :(

you'll sink more money into getting that toy stabile at high clocks than is worth.

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/w4KGhq
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/w4KGhq/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($46.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.78 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Mini Video Card  ($138.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H23  ATX Mid Tower Case  ($37.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $433.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-16 15:11 EST-0500

 

This will play other games as well, I don't know why people are suggesting the G4400 even when those games only use 2 cores. The 6100 is worth it imho.


8086k Winner BABY!!

My tech stuff

 

Main rig

Cpu: R5 1600AF 3.95ghz 1.32v (literally the worst bin I've ever seen)

Mobo: MSI b450 A-Pro MAX

Ram: 16gb Team Group T-Force Xtreem 3600 cl18 (3466 14-14-14-14-28) kinda tuned subs

Gpu: MSI 1080 ti Duke OC

PSU: Bitfenix Formula Gold 650w

SSD: 512gb Inland premium nvme

HDD: 2tb Seagate Barracuda Compute

 

Samsung Galaxy S9 | SD845 | Adreno 640

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×