RIP Trump

AniJan

Trump can only make money from is president salary of $400,000. Nothing else.

If he runs his companies while he's in office, he'll be impeached.

Just now, AniJan said:

If he runs his companies while still being in office, he can be impeached.

Wow, he can be impeached!
That doesn't mean he's fired.

He's giving his companies to his kids anyways.

I used to be quite active here.

Just now, Kobathor said:

Wow, he can be impeached!
That doesn't mean he's fired.

He's giving his companies to his kids anyways.

When a president is impeached, he can get removed from office :I

Although, there is a chance where the impeachment fails and he doesn't get removed.

3 minutes ago, AniJan said:

He can run his businesses and still be president. There's no existing law that forbids the president to run his business.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, Kobathor said:

He's giving his companies to his kids anyways

I don't know. Can they run a world-wide company?

7 minutes ago, AniJan said:

Although, there is a chance where the impeachment fails and he doesn't get removed.

Presidents have been impeached. You don't get removed from office.

I used to be quite active here.

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

He can run his businesses and still be president. There's no existing law that forbids the president to run his business.

Really? I swear there was a law stating that presidents can only make money from only their president salaries...

Just now, Kobathor said:

Presidents have been impeached. You don't get removed from office.

Yes, there hasn't been a president that has been impeached.

But that doesn't change the definition of impeachment.

Just now, AniJan said:

Really? I swear there was a law stating that presidents can only make money from only their president salaries...

No such law.

There are debates on whether the president should run a company during their presidency, but that's basically it.

As a matter of fact, didn't Trump claim that he wouldn't accept the presidential salary on account of him owning companies and having a considerable wealth anyways?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, AniJan said:

You're right it doesn't change the definition of impeachment.

Mainly because we've already had several presidents who've been impeached.

To be impeached is to be put on trial, it's not what many people think which is to be "fired" from being the president.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

2 minutes ago, AniJan said:

BS, President Andrew Johnson was impeached in 1868 and President William Clinton was impeached in 1998.

Impeachment does NOT mean removed from office. It means that the House of Representatives has formally accused the President. The Senate will then try the President and if found guilty they will then be removed from office.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

Impeachment does not = removal. Besides, there is no law stating he cannot run his business and be president, though he has said he will be handing the business over to his kids sooooo.....

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

lol no way congress would have him impeached for running his businesses. While the media maybe dumb and biased as a sack of potatoes, and even if he was voted for impeachment by the House, there is no way trump would get a two thirds vote from the senate to be impeached. It has never happened, and there is a nearly zero probability it will happen this way.

Maybe he should change its name to charity foundation like Clinton's did with their operation with Clinton Foundation

Details separate people.

8 hours ago, Albatross said:

Impeachment does not = removal. Besides, there is no law stating he cannot run his business and be president, though he has said he will be handing the business over to his kids sooooo.....

Who are also living I  the white house and are privy to a lot of the international diplomacy. If you think k Trump ain't gonna use this as his opportunity to get rich your kidding yourself. You thought Hillary was gone a exploit her position for money? You're in for a rough ride. 

- snip-

8 hours ago, Albatross said:

Who are also living I  the white house and are privy to a lot of the international diplomacy. If you think k Trump ain't gonna use this as his opportunity to get rich your kidding yourself. You thought Hillary was gone a exploit her position for money? You're in for a rough ride. 

- snip-

1 hour ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Maybe he should change its name to charity foundation like Clinton's did with their operation with Clinton Foundation

Are you trying to roast Clinton or Trump? 

- snip-

You can run a business while in office, you're just not allowed to use insider information to give your company(ies) an upper hand in the market.

10 hours ago, AniJan said:

As far as I know, conflict of interest laws explicitly don't apply to the President, so he won't get impeached for that.

If he was to be impeached it would have to be for another crime he has committed - not that I'm saying he has committed any.

11 hours ago, AniJan said:

Impeachment is a two part process.  The house of representatives impeaches them, meaning they've found sufficient evidence to charge the president, and the senate votes to "convict" him for lack of a better term.

The last time this occurred was during bill Clinton's term where the house impeached him, but the senate voting along party lines failed to convict him.  

10 hours ago, AniJan said:

Nope if that were the case then president Obama would be guilty of that from his book sales.

Conflict of interest laws do not apply to presidents.  Much like how liability laws do not apply to congress people when the laws they pass have damaging effects against others.

11 hours ago, AniJan said:

What in the world are you even talking about?

1. Trump doesn't need to be in business during presidency, he has billions of dollars to his name. He could just stop working for the rest of his life if he wanted.

2. Trump is only accepting $1.00 USD as his presidential salary.

3. A conflict of interest does not merit an impeachment, it would have to be proven that he abused his position in order to dramatically further his business to merit impeachment.

4. Impeachment doesn't mean he'll be removed from office.

_87478375_gettyimages-503232056.jpg

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 hour ago, MrDynamicMan said:

To get rich? You realize he's a billionaire right?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Trump is only taking $1 as his annual salary while President, and I'm pretty sure there's no rule or law against the POTUS running their business.

1 hour ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Hillary already exploited her position for dirty money.

Trump is already wealthy btw.