14x GTX 1080 watercooled network workstation

Benchmarks or riot

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

20 minutes ago, Festive said:

Benchmarks or riot

For now I can reveal a little bit of secret that the setup has rendering speed od 24x GTX 780 6GB (or first titans), which is around 6 quad workstations  on air :)

See you in the next video :)

H BALLS
O
L
Y

this is  the best thing i have seen in a long time , sweet build dude 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

2 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

H BALLS
O
L
Y

this is  the best thing i have seen in a long time , sweet build dude 

Thank you :)

Just now, smicha said:

Thank you :)

im afraid to ask , what was the subtotal for the hardware? 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

@smicha Are you planning to do this again with the 1080ti when (if) they launch it later this year?

EDIT: Realised Octane only supports CUDA

3 minutes ago, Jetfighter808 said:

@smicha Are you planning to do this again with the 1080ti when (if) they launch it later this year?

EDIT: Realised Octane only supports CUDA

I would not count on 1080ti - current rumors make no sense to me. 1070 is of great value and power saver, Titian X is way too expensive and we have to wait for fully optimized Octane for Pascals on Cuda 8.

but can it run crisis?

that's gonna be one hell of a facebook/catbrowsing machine.

Can we get a rough idea of what this is costing you?

Did you get a discount buying that many gtx1080s??

3 minutes ago, alphastrata said:

but can it run crisis?

that's gonna be one hell of a facebook/catbrowsing machine.

Can we get a rough idea of what this is costing you?

Did you get a discount buying that many gtx1080s??

Sorry, no games at all :) No sli, no funky blinking lights, gaming stuff - just pure industrial power :)

20k EUR. No discount at all. Free shipping :(

no discounts that's rough.

can i ask how you arrived at 14? hardware constraints or is there some hard math dictating the exact floating points your presumably massive processing(s) require?

4 minutes ago, alphastrata said:

no discounts that's rough.

can i ask how you arrived at 14? hardware constraints or is there some hard math dictating the exact floating points your presumably massive processing(s) require?

just rendering speed - 2 gpus are 2x faster than 1 for Octane, 14x are 14x faster than 1, but I had to use 2 licences :) Next one will be on 20 gpus on a single licence - stay tuned :)

1 minute ago, smicha said:

just rendering speed - 2 gpus are 2x faster than 1 for Octane, 14x are 14x faster than 1, but I had to use 2 licences :) Next one will be on 20 gpus on a single licence - stay tuned :)

huge.

such an incredible machine - do you know if it's going to be used continuously or will the owners have downtime that that GPU power could be rented out/?

also, what made you go consumer grade GPUs over some of the ones aimed more at rendering workloads and not so much at gaming ( hate to say it but on the red side of the isle...) ??

4 minutes ago, alphastrata said:

huge.

such an incredible machine - do you know if it's going to be used continuously or will the owners have downtime that that GPU power could be rented out/?

also, what made you go consumer grade GPUs over some of the ones aimed more at rendering workloads and not so much at gaming ( hate to say it but on the red side of the isle...) ??

it's rather continuous rendering but if you are interested in renting 4 titans remotely I have one machine at greet price/h - PM me or email at smicha7@gmail.com. 

We don't need quadro nor tesla with dual precision for rendering - gtx series are best and the only reasonable choice. We are still waiting for AMD support for Octane. 

6 minutes ago, smicha said:

it's rather continuous rendering but if you are interested in renting 4 titans remotely I have one machine at greet price/h - PM me or email at smicha7@gmail.com. 

We don't need quadro nor tesla with dual precision for rendering - gtx series are best and the only reasonable choice. We are still waiting for AMD support for Octane. 

what kind of thing does your client want to render?

E.g Animations, Cutscenes in a game,

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

• 1 month later...

I wonder how you must feel after the 1080 ti release, same cost as the GTX 1080 + it has no freaking DVI port.