HUGE Power Play Against Intel

Thoughts?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How does this bode for Intel?

• Intel will be just fine. Shun the non-believers.
    • Could get sketchy for the blue team, but I'm not worried.
    • Ain't gonna lie...sort of nervous.
    • Intel stands to lose on both fronts. This is serious!
    • Long live glorious MasterFAB Qualcomm. May she reign for eternity!

I have just received word from a source I cannot name that IBM is preparing for a 2017 power play AGAINST silicon giant Intel in the storage and networking spaces.

In its competition against the likes of EMC, NetApp, Nimble, and Pure... IBM will be SHEDDING the high cost of integrated Intel-based processors and controllers in favor of smartphone insustry giant Qualcomm offerings. I tis no secret that All-flash and Adaptive Flash storage arrays are the new standard in enterprise market and this momentum surely fuels the decision by big blue to get as much pargin in this paradigm shift as possible before CACHE storage becomes the new standard sometime in 2018.

This has HUGE implication, as AMD also stands to wrench away a good chunck of the consumer market with their RYZEN (formerly Zen) product line in the next quarter.

Thoughts? Concerns?

This is the Craft of PC Building. Mastered. #AshlarPC

amd will still wreck intel in the desktop market and the gaming hardware market as a whole.

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

2 minutes ago, PigWithAMustache said:

amd will still wreck intel in the desktop market and the gaming hardware market as a whole.

Now that's funny.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

And why should we believe you lol a random guy on the Internet with out any evidence.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Now that's funny.

says the x99 user to the am3+ user :P

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

4 minutes ago, Slyhawk said:

And why should we believe you lol a random guy on the Internet with out any evidence.

This is (multiple) inside sources. I have absolutely no reason to not believe him (them). As a 7-year industry professional, I'm giving gravity to their forewarning.

3 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Isn't investing based on information that isn't yet public considered insider trading?

It could be... but I'm not on the inside...now, if my sources decide to do so...that's on their conscience and criminal records.

5 minutes ago, PigWithAMustache said:

says the x99 user to the am3+ user :P

Hey now...I really should get to updating my profile :#)

So what you're saying is I should I invest into Qualcomm stocks? AyyyMD

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2 minutes ago, Omnislash89 said:

It could be... but I'm not on the inside...now, if my sources decide to do so...that's on their conscience and criminal records.

Just checked the SEC website and this is what they have to say about it:

Examples of insider trading cases that have been brought by the SEC are cases against:

• Corporate officers, directors, and employees who traded the corporation's securities after learning of significant, confidential corporate developments;
  • Friends, business associates, family members, and other "tippees" of such officers, directors, and employees, who traded the securities after receiving such information;
  • Employees of law, banking, brokerage and printing firms who were given such information to provide services to the corporation whose securities they traded;
  • Government employees who learned of such information because of their employment by the government; and
  • Other persons who misappropriated, and took advantage of, confidential information from their employers.

4 minutes ago, Omnislash89 said:

This is (multiple) inside sources. I have absolutely no reason to not believe him (them). As a 7-year industry professional, I'm giving gravity to their forewarning.

You can believe them but we can't believe you as they might be friends or people you know we do not and we do not know you. I could make random statements that are true or false but you have no way to verify these.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

So what you're saying is I should I invest into Qualcomm stocks? AyyyMD

Not saying you should empty out your IRA, but I picked up a few shares on Robinhood for sure. It's up to you... figured the community would be interested in knowing that Intel's about to have someone try taking the rug out from under them.

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

quick screenshot his post and blackmail him! /s

2 minutes ago, Slyhawk said:

You can believe them but we can't believe you as they might be friends or people you know we do not and we do not know you. I could make random statements that are true or false but you have no way to verify these.

You certainly have no reason to believe my authenticity. I've been a contributing member of the community for some time...figured I'd see how the community would respond to such a break of information. I don't needlessly stir the pot...also personally interested, especially if someone else can corroborate this information in our own forum...that'd confirm a cat out of the bag.

5 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

No NDAA violated. I am not a current business associate of the individuals so sharing the information, and am not an agent of any known company readily transacting business for the same. It's basically someone sharing something they likely shouldn't have... but their wrongdoing falls solely upon them as an agent(s) of the prior. My hands are clean. @imreloadin, you trying to throw me under a bus, good sir?

3 minutes ago, tlink said:

quick screenshot his post and blackmail him! /s

I figured LTT to be above 4chan, guess I was wrong?

Begone infidels!!!

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Omnislash89 said:

No NDAA violated. I am not a current business associate of the individuals so sharing the information, and am not an agent of any known company readily transacting business for the same. It's basically someone sharing something they likely shouldn't have... but their wrongdoing falls solely upon them as an agent(s) of the prior. My hands are clean. @imreloadin, you trying to throw me under a bus, good sir?

Just making sure you knew what you were most likely getting yourself into by disclosing this information on a public channel and advising people to make investments based off of non-public information.

it's no secret that the server market has interest in the ARM platform. seeing the amount of power that EMC gear pulls i'd be interested to see what they can do with ARM.

that said, intel's going nowhere yet, they did just fine when IBM was still using their PowerPC, they'll survive without IBM as a custommer. while yes these IBM systems have a HUGE amount of processors in them, they are still only a small portion of the datacenter infrastructure and computer market as a whole.

besides at this point going ARM will basicly mean 100% custom software, which means that even if IBM would make all their gear ARM, chances are that the rest of the infrastructure they're wired into are still all x86 servers, where it's simply a back and forth between AMD and intel depending on who has the better platform that generation.

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

this is not news to me. It has been the goal for a long time to shift datacenters towards less power consuming embedded CPUs

glad to see i'm not the only one. and seriously, if you've ever stood behind an EMC rack you'll understand why this is so obvious :P

1 minute ago, Omnislash89 said:

I figured LTT to be above 4chan, guess I was wrong?

just banter, i thought fun was allowed? i said /s at the end for a reason.

As a avid contributor to r/wallstreetbets, I too recommend selling Intel and invest everything into AMD and Qualcomm based off this information.

I can't wait to finally by my own yacht.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Just now, imreloadin said:

Just making sure you knew what you were most likely getting yourself into by disclosing this information on a public channel and advising people to make investments based off of non-public information.

There is always the possibility that it is hype and that it is nowhere near as severe or sensationalist as I have been led to believe. As a matter of fact, the likelihood this deal will flesh out depends entirely on earning from the FAS market in the first place and may never be realized due to many factors in the FAS market. Next time I'll have to use a smurf account to engage the community in psqudotheorycrafting with regard to trends and (anonymously) sourced information. It is all alleged until corporate action makes it real.