Bose QC35 vs Sennheiser PXC 550

Thank you!

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

#OutOfMyPriceRange

personally I like the Sennheiser look better, that silver crap on the bose feels to early 2000's attempt to look futuristic to me.

I have the PXC 550 and have been using it for almost a month now. Linus forgot to highlight the brilliant Captune app for the PXC 550 where you can adjust how strong you want the ANC,turn the Voice prompt on and off or even change the spoken language,adjust the EQ (plenty other options under this),and even play your songs through its dedicated music player.

Also since these headphones are usually paired with a phone, why is there no mic test? You're missing so many things that could make this review a bit more in depth. 

I wish this video was posted to floatplane. That's how I get around my company's youtube block. :(

7 minutes ago, DLex said:

I wish this video was posted to floatplane. That's how I get around my company's youtube block. :(

It was! It was just posted like... a month ago lol. We've had a lot of Wednesday simultaneous releases recently, which pushed this video out by a long while...

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

It was! It was just posted like... a month ago lol. We've had a lot of Wednesday simultaneous releases recently, which pushed this video out by a long while...

I take it back! haha

I have to say, I wish that this video had a disclaimer about the fact that you guys missed the Sony MDR1000X on this video. From everything I've heard, it's the better headphone for sound, AND ANC. I think it definitely would have been a good look.

(I assume that this video was made before those headphones came out though, as that's a pretty new headphone. I just feel like there should be a disclaimer in there about that...)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I'm looking forward to owning a QC35 especially when a lot of tech reviews considered it as the benchmark for active noise cancellation for headphones. Very good comparison although I'm a little bit bummed that Linus didn't declared a winner.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

2 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I have to say, I wish that this video had a disclaimer about the fact that you guys missed the Sony MDR1000X on this video. From everything I've heard, it's the better headphone for sound, AND ANC. I think it definitely would have been a good look.

(I assume that this video was made before those headphones came out though, as that's a pretty new headphone. I just feel like there should be a disclaimer in there about that...)

I'm going to 2nd this. This video feels incomplete without the Sony MDR1000X

You guys should do a video on the best budget wireless headphones.

Made separate post about what I asked in the first comment, so I just took it out.

Main Rig 1: Intel Core i5-6600k | Cooler Master Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler | Asus Z170-AR | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR4-2400 | Inland Professional 480GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB HDD | Zotac GeForce GTX 960 4GB | NZXT S340 White | Corsair CX 600W PSU | Windows 10 Pro | PCPartPicker Link |

Main Rig 2: Intel Core i7-6700k | CRYORIG H7 Air Cooler | EVGA Z170 FTW | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-3200 | Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB SSD | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | NZXT S340 Elite Matte Black | Corsair RM 750x PSU | Windows 10 Pro | PCPartPicker Link |

Laptop: 2018 15" MacBook Pro | 2.6GHz 6 core i7 | Vega 20 GPU | Mac OS Catalina 

7 hours ago, atrash said:

Linus forgot to highlight [insert relevant feature]

Seems like that's just standard Linus these days

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

The German Tech Website Golem.de just published an article about active noise cancellation Headphones.

Including Sennheiser MB 660 / PXC 550, Bose QC 35, Sony MDR-1000X, Teufel Mute, Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7NC and Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2.

It's quite a read but i can recommend it.

German:

http://www.golem.de/news/anc-kopfhoerer-im-praxistest-mit-der-schnoeseltaste-seine-ruhe-finden-1612-125072.html

Google Translate:

https://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.golem.de%2Fnews%2Fanc-kopfhoerer-im-praxistest-mit-der-schnoeseltaste-seine-ruhe-finden-1612-125072.html

Model overview from Golem.de :

Model Sennheiser MB 660/PXC 550 Sony MDR 1000X Bose QC 35 Teufel Mute Audio Technica Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2
Price (€) from 369 399 from 329 130 270 250
Weight 225 g 275 g 234 g 240 g 305 g 289 g
Bluetooth yes yes yes no no yes
Battery life according to manufacturer up to 30 h up to 30 h 20 without, 40 with cable bis 40 h 30 h up to 24 h
Charging time 3 h up to 3 h 2,25 h external charging 4 h up to 3 h
languages 6 only English 11 no statement no statement 12
active damping 30 dB up to 30 dB no statement no statement 14 dB at 50-500 Hz no statement
Can be used when loading? yes only with cable no   yes yes
operation Switches and touch panel Switches and touch panel Switches Switches Switches Switches
Multipoint yes yes yes no no yes
NFC yes yes yes no no no
Instructions PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF
Specifications PDF Webseite Webseite PDF Webseite PDF

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2016 at 0:46 PM, atrash said:

I have the PXC 550 and have been using it for almost a month now. Linus forgot to highlight the brilliant Captune app for the PXC 550 where you can adjust how strong you want the ANC,turn the Voice prompt on and off or even change the spoken language,adjust the EQ (plenty other options under this),and even play your songs through its dedicated music player.

Also since these headphones are usually paired with a phone, why is there no mic test? You're missing so many things that could make this review a bit more in depth. 

I am looking for a pair of headphones right now, will you mind to give me some input? I am debating on 4 with the Sony 1000x, Sennheiser Momentum Wireless, Sennheiser PXC 550, and the Bose QC 35. I've basically pretty much eliminated the QC 35 as of right now. I am aware that the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless does has the best audio quality but I am willing to sacrifice that little audio quality for other features. What do you think? Is there a reason why you chose the PXC 550 when the Momentum Wireless and the 1000x are in the same price range? Your advice would help me a lot.

Thank you!

• 1 year later...

I have been a big bose fan for while now and i am super happy with these headphones. I think they sound great I couldn’t ask for more though I would love to try the PXC550 where could I try them?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I just bought the PXC550 and Linus was right, the caring case that comes with the headphones doesn't protect the headphones that much. I will like to buy an extra caring case, any options?

An apology for the orthographic errors, English is not my native language. Thank you!