AMD Budget Build

I want to build a new computer on a budget but I am trying to decide between two different AMD CPU/Motherboard combo. one PC has a dedicated GPU while the other has an APU(will also eventually add a GPU). I might not have enough money to buy a GPU right away I might have to save some more to get one so I am deciding between: the faster CPU but require GPU, or the APU where I can get the GPU later.

Here are the part lists:

Dedicated GPU Build

APU Build

1 minute ago, Tb428 said:

I want to build a new computer on a budget but I am trying to decide between two different AMD CPU/Motherboard combo. one PC has a dedicated GPU while the other has an APU(will also eventually add a GPU). I might not have enough money to buy a GPU right away I might have to save some more to get one so I am deciding between: the faster CPU but require GPU, or the APU where I can get the GPU later.

Here are the part lists:

Dedicated GPU Build

APU Build

Not worth to go AMD at this point. Just get an i3.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V8TzXH
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V8TzXH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($46.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($40.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: PNY CS1311 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($40.38 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 470 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($38.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($45.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $533.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-14 10:14 EST-0500

Get windows off of kingwin for like $20.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Not worth to go AMD at this point. Just get an i3.

AMD has better onboard graphics and I don't have the money for an intel CPU of the same speed

Just now, Tb428 said:

AMD has better onboard graphics and I don't have the money for an intel CPU of the same speed

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V8TzXH
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V8TzXH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($46.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($40.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: PNY CS1311 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($40.38 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 470 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($38.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($45.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $533.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-14 10:14 EST-0500

Get windows off of kingwin for like $20.

You were saying?

speed =/= performance. Onboard graphics is extremely irrelevant if you have a dedicated graphics card

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

speed =/= performance. Onboard graphics is extremely irrelevant if you have a dedicated graphics card

I know but I will not be upgrading right away if I get an APU

6 minutes ago, Tb428 said:

that has a dual core

Its still better than an FX or APU. If you think that buying cheap AMD is a good idea you to rethink this

7 minutes ago, Tb428 said:

that has a dual core

Ehm, I can confirm I play any 1080p game with ease with my i3-6100. It'll for sure beat any current FX CPU in a gaming scenario

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Just now, DarkBlade2117 said:

Ehm, I can confirm I play any 1080p game with ease with my i3-6100. It'll for sure beat any current FX CPU in a gaming scenario

not all, but a hell of a lot better value 

5 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

I have looked into it and the onboard graphics a play a bigger part in the PC for me because I might not be getting a GPU for a while but you are right with the dedicated GPU PC that one would be better with the i3.

12 minutes ago, Tb428 said:

that has a dual core

that dual core i3 trades blows with an fx 8300 :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I have look an the onboard graphics a play a bigger part in the PC for me because I might not be getting a GPU for a while but you are right with the dedicated GPU PC that one would be better with the i3.

Getting the APU isn't worth it, because in a year or two you'll have to replace that processor, which means the motherboard too, probably the RAM if you go to ZEN or Skylake. Getting an i3 6100 and adding a graphics card on later is still better and will last you much longer 

2 minutes ago, Tb428 said:

I have looked into it and the onboard graphics a play a bigger part in the PC for me because I might not be getting a GPU for a while but you are right with the dedicated GPU PC that one would be better with the i3.

HD 530 is hell of a igpu. Even my old Hd 4600 manage something with light game (haswell i5, 4th gen)

17 minutes ago, Tb428 said:

that has a dual core

AMD Quad Cores work like dual cores with hyperthreading as the 4 cores aren't independent... 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

22 minutes ago, Tb428 said:

Here are the part lists:

Dedicated GPU Build

APU Build

Personally I'd wait for AMD's new Zen architecture. Looks very promising and could under cut Intel's offerings price wise to be competitive. I'd suggest waiting until early 2017 and then building, that way you won't be regretting not getting into what AMD really has to offer and losing out on any performance losses. AMD'd current CPUs are very out of date and are not worth building especially if you are on a budget, as you would need to upgrade in the near future again.

2 minutes ago, MR.awesome1 said:

Personally I'd wait for AMD's new Zen architecture. Looks very promising and could under cut Intel's offerings price wise to be competitive. I'd suggest waiting until early 2017 and then building, that way you won't be regretting not getting into what AMD really has to offer and losing out on any performance losses. AMD'd current CPUs are very out of date and are not worth building especially if you are on a budget, as you would need to upgrade in the near future again.

when does that come out is there a date yet

Just now, Tb428 said:

when does that come out is there a date yet

AMD is expected to release their Zen architecture in early Q1 (early 2017, between Jan - March). Looking at rumors and rumored benchmarks we could be looking at Intel and AMD going head to head again, however these are rumors. Personally I am waiting for Zen to upgrade as I don't want to miss out or bit the bullet too early. 

11 minutes ago, MR.awesome1 said:

AMD is expected to release their Zen architecture in early Q1 (early 2017, between Jan - March). Looking at rumors and rumored benchmarks we could be looking at Intel and AMD going head to head again, however these are rumors. Personally I am waiting for Zen to upgrade as I don't want to miss out or bit the bullet too early. 

ok thanks for the advice