Beyerdynamic T70 250 Ohms - After 9 months of use.. Final Verdict

After using these cans for 9 months , its pretty simple to describe these headphones and why so many people love it and so many people hate it.

The best way to describe it is that these cans are crystal clear, its really very clean sounding, but the sound signature is very untrendy,thus ruining its potential of being an amazing headphone

If any really specific things i would like improved, it will be that the bass is abit more defined, the Tom's for the drums are a little too weak sounding,as well as having a smoother treble,freddie mercury's voice in bohemian rhapsody was ruined when he pronounce words that start with 's' and 'f' ,eg: biSsssssssmillah (my ear got poked man)

If any specifically good things about these cans,it will be that these cans sound very detailed/transparent. The bass despite being soft at times, it extends into sub-bass pretty well and controlled at times. The mids are pretty flat all over, vocals sound very smooth and natural. Highs are well done,clean,there are spikes though,so not very smooth.

These headphones ruin good songs that are badly mastered (Bohemian Rhapsody,of all things got ruined) to put it,it does sound like shit with this song. 

At the same time, these headphones shine when the songs are mastered very well(try listening to "Get Lucky", they sound flipping good) or at the right genre.

Genres like Rock and Metal and Some Pop and EDM have a tendency to emphasise on drum sound/samples where they use a hell lot of cymbals (high frequency.. Too much treble spikes sometimes). ,Kicks,Toms(little to no bass sometimes),f course you would demand bass and complain about too much treble if you like these genres. As a drummer i can agree as Well.However, overall on most genres,the bass is rather controlled, maybe a 2dB bass boost will be a sweetspot for these. 

Otherwise, the treble is actually really crisp and it has an amazing decay to the cymbals.

Not everyone listens to classical and jazz, but i happen to, and i also listen to random EDMs and Rock and Pop music that are some well and horribly mastered.

I listen from monstercat to Nirvana to Even Justin bieber to michael jackson, mostly because i perform these songs on the drums here and there and just maybe my music taste is bizzare. 

On some well mastered EDMs ,the bass is suprisingly oddly, enough.. Thight.. And doesnt sound muddy at all, on even some well mastered rock songs, the crash doesn't make my ears bleed (theres only one song that can get me treble spikes,and thats Bohemian rhapsody) and actually sound crisp at the same time. Dont get me wrong, these headphones bass are definitely never muddy by itself, but they dont ever sound full either.

Where these shines really is at jazz and classical music.. Acoustic guitar and piano sounds superb on these with vocals sounding great ,and they sound detailed and accurate. Trumpets sound very alive in there,saxophones sound smooth,and Tuba sounds round and powerful, everything sounds like it was meant to sound exactly like that on these genres most of the time

Songs i would recommend where this headphone shines: 

Humanism - Jon batiste (alot of his songs shine on the T70) (Just.. The piano and trumpet and sax and so on )

Get Lucky - Daft Punk (amazingly mastered)

Uptown Funk (mmm meh, but its pop and has bass guit and trumpet that somehow shines)

David Choi Christmas album (decently mastered)(not a hard mix to start with)

Pegboard nerds : Blackout (this is a song made for clubbing,try it on these and you know what im saying) not enough sub bass imho to sound tight,but still pretty good.

Televisor Monstercat - Dangerous (sounds very good on these for an EDM)

Michael Buble - Someday (female voice is prominent and it definitely sounds like the song intends it too without any distortion,same for the rest of the song.)

All i want for christmas is you by mariah carey (ft. justin bieber) sounds very good, the versatility of the headphones really shine!!!

All i want for christmas is you original works well also, well mariah carey's voice has 5 octave range so it shines lel

All i want for christmas is you glee cover is also good

Heck! these headphones are probably best for santa at this point

To simply put it , for the majority,this should be an answer i hope..

• Reasons to consider these:

You don't mind some harsh treble on badly mastered songs 

You listen to so many classical and jazz music and you really wont mind getting treble spikes hear and there and you simply wouldn't, nobody crashes a crash cymbal so often on jazz and classic music.. And kickdrums are always subtle anyways unless you are listening to a Waltz

You listen to only well mastered songs, provided that they dont emphasise on whacking the kick and cymbals like clubbing songs.. 

• Reasons to stay the f*** outta these : 

You listen to old rock songs [most of Queen songs for example.. Heck,i love Queen :'( ]

You listen to pop, rock,metal, EDM ,alot of NCS,Alan Walker,Monstercat (i know you guys exist!) And demand that thumping sweet bass ALL the time.. Well the T70s bass is just not consistent, i personally find it that beyer wants it to be natural, but it seems to be an obvious wrong move here lol.

You dont like too much treble

Otherwise, if you are inbetween,you'll love and hate this headphones at times

So my final conclusion is: 

These headphones compliment definitely only a small group of people who listen to certain types of music..

Any alternatives to a more well rounded version of these?

I would recommend the DT 880(dt770 aint that bad if you reallyyyyy need isolation), or C.O.P as a cheap alternative..

I wouldn't really recommend Ath m50x, they just sound boring

Or try a HD 600(these sound boring to me,but they are prettt neutral,except that they might roll of abit on the bass and treble)

Hifiman HE 400..(I personally have not tried,but they are widely recommended)

Oppo Pm3,they sound very well balanced, and look nice,and the list goes on,they sound very smooth, but its very boring sounding, just like the hd600, it you're a guy who want to relax listening to music, ill recommend this/hd600

But yeah, i don't think beyerdynamic made a bad headphone, they just make a freaking untrendy sound signature, but still sounds amazing for certain music.. 

Too bad "certain music" is not what everyone is usually looking for,we mostly want performers of all genres.. And some if not a good number of us really dont care about how the music is mastered as long as it sounds good out of the cans..

Well, let me know if i did a good job here describing these? Thanks :))

Im quite certain the issue is same for almost the whole Tesla series of beyerdynamic.. 

Basically, these pair of headphones can truly deliver the sounds as long as the song is well mastered, and you are not a clubber lol

Well, i am probably gonna upgrade to another pair one day, my perfect sound sig is really close to this, just abit more bass,and soundstage. But im being greedy at this point, and honestly, i dont think there are any headphones that can sound like a T70 with more bass and soundstage, maybe another tesla model,we'll see...

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)