[Build Log] [COMPLETED] Project Adamantium - X99 Water Cooled - Enthoo Pro M Case Mods

10 hours ago, banana_havoc said:

Thanks for featuring those cables, I'm really liking the look of the Carbon ones for my upcoming rig refresh. Nice start!

Thanks! I just got back from Christmas vacation and got a few goodies that'll be used in this build. I'll have an update soon :) hoping that I can get the cables this month too but they may have to wait till next month. 

My PC's current aesthetic is silver/black so I can dig this. You have a great start here!

9 hours ago, ccRicers said:

My PC's current aesthetic is silver/black so I can dig this. You have a great start here!

Thanks! :D I'm pretty excited about it, I'm currently test fitting the pump and res, might have to make some adjustments to my initial plan but still think it'll turn out well. I'll have an update tonight showing off the new liquid cooling gear! Hope you stick around! 

JfscUEK.jpg

Hello Everyone! Back with another update, sorry for the delay as I was out of town for the holidays and was spending time with family! But I'm back at this build and have spent quite a bit of time working on some custom acrylic work. 

Enough babbling! On to the updates! 

First off, some new goodies for the custom loop :)

IgFWyYh.jpg

vYCqM0J.jpg
6a3iQzX.jpg
kRsUtHu.jpg
Z9cRHm9.jpg
DBIOAPm.jpg

Alright, now for the acrylic panels I have cut so far. 

pK3n43a.jpg

So, from left to right in the above image we have the mid plate cover for the case which the Reservoir is going to mount to as well. This is meant to cover up the HDD drive covers in the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M. It will just be much more clean with this mid plate in. 

The next two are part of the custom PSU cover! I will be completely redoing the PSU cover in the Enthoo Pro M. I don't like the existing PSU cover. The PSU cover will also feature my sponsor's logos on it. As you can undoubtedly see, the top plate of the PSU cover has countersunk holes for the pump. 

Next up, painting the PSU cover and installing it, then comes the loop :D 

On 1/3/2017 at 3:31 PM, ephuber35 said:

*snip*

Damn, super hyped to see the finish product

Edited by wkdpaul
Quote edited out

2 hours ago, MIXFUSED said:

Damn, super hyped to see the finish product

Thanks! :) I should have an update over the next couple of days. I ran into a couple of issues with the PSU cover that I've been trying to iron out but that updates should come fast here soon. I'll have the painting done and the loop done this week! I have to wait till next month to cables so the whole system is going to get put together and then I'll just swap out the cables once I get them. 

Hello All! Update time :)

So it's finally coming together. I did about 3 coats of paint on the back plate and PSU shroud and then did clear coat and that's taken a lot of time to get it right! It still didn't turn out exactly perfect but it looks pretty good. 

So here's the PSU shroud painted and built:

Raw0t6J.jpg

Here's the PSU shroud with back plate/res mount (excuse the finger prints)

gMEy7s1.jpg

And finally, it's all starting to come together! PSU shroud in place, pump mounted, GPU in, and backplate and reservoir mounted. 

mR2G3l9.jpg

r1b1H0d.jpg

A couple things to note. 

1. Sorry for the crappy photos, the lighting in my apartment is terrible and I have no place to take good photos due to not having a dining room table yet. Better photos are coming I swear!

2. The red cables are just temporary as noted prior in the build log. I'll be using cablemod cables and will be purchasing those some time next month. 

3. The loop will be completed tonight :) so stay tuned for more pictures of those and I'll do my best to try and get better pictures! I may take it outdoors to use some natural lighting. 

Any tips or suggestions on photos would be appreciated! I have lined up a videographer for final photos and a video so that'll be exciting!

Take care for now, expect the loop update tonight!

Alright! Update time!

1. Loop is done! Love these Primochill fittings. They have a great seal.

2. Leak testing is also done :)

3. And even though it's technically not finished, I couldn't resist putting it all together and powering it up to get one glamour shot ;)

4. Still to come, the fluid is still pink.... >:( so I will need to get some mayhems blitz pro and deep clean the radiators. May also take apart the blocks again but I think I'll be ok without doing that as I've only been running clear fluid/distilled water for a while now.

5. Vinyl is being cut and shipped soon

6. Still need cable replacements.

But for now, hope you enjoy these shots! :)

emJ0ItL.jpg

2IQMPNn.jpg

zIGYQb1.jpg

7 hours ago, ephuber35 said:

Alright! Update time!

3. And even though it's technically not finished, I couldn't resist putting it all together and powering it up to get one glamour shot ;)

4. Still to come, the fluid is still pink.... >:( so I will need to get some mayhems blitz pro and deep clean the radiators. May also take apart the blocks again but I think I'll be ok without doing that as I've only been running clear fluid/distilled water for a while now.

emJ0ItL.jpg

2IQMPNn.jpg

zIGYQb1.jpg

Dude I think I have an erection.....

5 hours ago, MIXFUSED said:

Dude I think I have an erection.....

Lol, haha I'm glad you're liking it!! Almost done!! 3 months in the making! 

Very clean dude nice work.

How many special people change?
How many lives are livin' strange?
Where were you while we were getting high?

4 hours ago, AlienALX said:

Very clean dude nice work.

Thanks! Stay tuned, finished product should be next week and I'll have professional photos and a youtube video :) I'm going to keep the coolant clear, I think it compliments the theme of this build. 

I would like to correct a mistake in my last post, the finished product will be next MONTH, not next week! lol, custom cables take a lot longer to get :D 

19 hours ago, ephuber35 said:

I would like to correct a mistake in my last post, the finished product will be next MONTH, not next week! lol, custom cables take a lot longer to get :D 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, now I have to hold an erection for a whole month. 

29 minutes ago, MIXFUSED said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, now I have to hold an erection for a whole month. 

Lmao! 

On 1/10/2017 at 5:59 AM, ephuber35 said:

Alright! Update time!

emJ0ItL.jpg

2IQMPNn.jpg

zIGYQb1.jpg

What is that extra white thing on your 24-pin? 

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

3 minutes ago, Rasmuff said:

What is that extra white thing on your 24-pin? 

It's a jump cable that's in a a female 24pin plug. To leak test you have to turn on the power supply to provide power to the pump but not the rest of the components so if anything leaks it doesn't short anything out. PSU's are designed to not turn on unless a connection is made via the 24pin connector. It basically completes the circuit. So that is there just for leak testing :) 

1 minute ago, ephuber35 said:

It's jump cable that's in a a femail 24pin plug. To leak test you have to turn out the power supply to provide power to the pump but not the rest of the components so if anything leaks it doesn't short anything out. PSU's are designed to not turn on unless a connection is made via the 24pin connector. It basically completes the circuit. So that is there just for leak testing :) 

Oh gotcha. So it's the not ghetto way of using a paper clip. 

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

1 minute ago, Rasmuff said:

Oh gotcha. So it's the not ghetto way of using a paper clip. 

lol, exactly! Most PSU's come with one. I think I have about 3 just laying around 

Alright! She's all put together, the vinyl is on it's way and the cables should be ordered soon! :D so close to the end of the tunnel! I'm going towards the light! lol. 

Hey everyone! So a couple developments. 

1. The vinyl is here and is currently drying :) sorry for the crappy picture

NqgaEgh.jpg

2. Due to budgetary reasons the silver/carbon/black cables will no longer be happening. Maybe further down the line I'll pick them up but the budget ran over for this build. 

3. The system is up so I'm currently working on the overclocks and benchmarks for it. It's coming along great! :)

I can't wait to have this officially done and then I'll have the professional photos and video done :)

UPDATE TIME!!! 

JfscUEK.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I was not aware that Primochill does custom cables as well as other modding supplies! Primochill has been great to work with and they have graciously decided to send over some custom silver and black extensions for this build :) Thank you very much Primochill! We will finally be able to make this build look complete. 

I also have the photo shoot scheduled for either next weekend or the first weekend in February depending on when the cables arrive. 

For now, I'll leave you guys with this one photo ;)

2aJ1xlP.jpg

Finished product is so close! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :) 

JfscUEK.jpg

Howdy! 

I know it's been some time since I've updated this post but now comes the boring part of scheduling shoots and what not. But I am pleased to say that this Saturday is when I have the shoot scheduled for! 

I also took the opportunity to sleeve my pump cables to get rid of that AWFUL green and blue lol. 

FyE6c9S.jpg

y1luOA5.jpg

Again, sorry for the crappy photos, just using my smartphone and don't have a good lighting setup yet! That will be next on the purchase list :) 

I look forward to providing you guys with these final photos and appreciate everyone who's followed this log!

JfscUEK.jpg

UPDATE TIME!! :D

Alright below are some of the final photos. Video is being edited now and will be a little longer. I've posted these photos at the very beginning of the build as well so that you don't have to scroll through all the updates. 

Thanks everyone for following and I hope you enjoy these final photos. Thank you once again to Primochill for your support!

W5y5bWw.jpg

bDcz36y.jpg

W5y5bWw.jpg

HdZRGll.jpg

ATW99Tn.jpg

qftUN1k.jpg

93GTnec.jpg

VCE5iNj.jpg

qPFNeoE.jpg

mYJN1Lj.jpg

yraKm5T.jpg

Hb80T3B.jpg

rFYH3rB.jpg

JedseVv.jpg

czaYZft.jpg

2MT3IfJ.jpg

Ke7A9Nd.jpg

ScAAKkU.jpg 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2017 at 8:31 AM, ephuber35 said:

JfscUEK.jpg

UPDATE TIME!! :D

Alright below are some of the final photos. Video is being edited now and will be a little longer. I've posted these photos at the very beginning of the build as well so that you don't have to scroll through all the updates. 

Thanks everyone for following and I hope you enjoy these final photos. Thank you once again to Primochill for your support!

W5y5bWw.jpg

bDcz36y.jpg

W5y5bWw.jpg

HdZRGll.jpg

ATW99Tn.jpg

qftUN1k.jpg

93GTnec.jpg

VCE5iNj.jpg

qPFNeoE.jpg

mYJN1Lj.jpg

yraKm5T.jpg

Hb80T3B.jpg