AMD New Horizon

Clanscorpia
4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I hope not, that would be very unfair...

scrubbed through and found this, the round blue shape is what make me think it is a lga 2011 intel cooler.

8PDjiFl.jpg

1 minute ago, Dietrichw said:

scrubbed through and found this, the round blue shape is what make me think it is a lga 2011 intel cooler.

8PDjiFl.jpg

I recognise this glow from Intel AIO Water cooling.

Main PC:

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KS SP 116 (124P-102E) (6.1Ghz P-Cores 4.8Ghz E-cores) MC SP 88

CPU Voltage: LLC8 1.525V (real voltage 1.425V + - Temps 85-90 P-Cores, 70-73 E-cores)

Cooled by: Supercool Direct Die 14th gen full nickel

Motherboard: Z790 ASUS Maximus Apex Encore

RAM: GSkill TridentZ 2x24GB DDR5 8600Mhz CL38 (OC from 8000Mhz CL40)

GPU: RTX MSI 4090 Suprim X with EKWB waterblock

Case: My own case fabricated out of aluminium and wood

Storage: 4x 2TB Sarbent Rocket Plus Gen 4.0 NVMe, 1x External 2TB Seagate Barracuda (Backup)

WiFi: BE202 WiFi 7 Tri-Band card module

PSU: Corsair AX1600i with custom black and red cables with 2x Corsair 5V+ Load Balancer

Display: Samsung Oddysey G9 240Hz Ver. 5120x1440 with G-Sync and Freesync Premium Pro 1008 Firmware Ver, and 1x Electriq USB C 1080p 15'8 inch IPS portable display for temperature and stats, MSI 23'8 144Hz G-Sync

Fan Controllers:  6x AquaComputer Octo with 5 temperature sensors

Cooling: Three Custom Loops:

1st Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for GPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, red coolant

2nd Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for CPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, purple coolant

3rd Loop: 1x 240mm PE CoolStream radiator with 1x EKWB Revo D5 pump (RAM ONLY)

Total: 5x pumps and 13x radiators 50x 3000RPM Noctua Industrial fans

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V3 RGB - Green switches

Sound: Logitech Z680 5.1 THX Certified 505W Speakers

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock

Piano: Yamaha P155

Phone: Oppo Find X5 Pro

Camera: Logitech Brio Pro 4K

VR: Oculus Rift S

External SSD: 256GB Overclocking OS

LaptopMSI Titan GT77HX V13RTX 4090 175W, i9 13980HX OC: P-Cores 5.8Ghz 3 cores and 5.2Ghz 5 cores and E-Cores 4.3Ghz, 192GB of RAM @5600Mhz @3600 (chipset limit),

12TB (3x4TB) of NVMe, 17'3 inch 4K 144Hz MiniLED screen, 4x 17'3 ASUS portable USB-C Monitors 240Hz, Creative Sound Blaster G6 Sound Card, Portable 16TB NVMe in TB4 enclosures (8x2TB), Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock gaming mouse, Keychron K3 gaming keyboard with blue switches low profile, Logitech Brio 4K Webcam.

Hand held: ROG Ally with XG Mobile RTX 3080 with Keychron K3 low profile keyboard (Blue Switches) and Razer Hyperspeed V3 mouse and 4TB NVMe upgrade (WDBlack SN850X), with 100W 20000Mah power bank and portable monitor ROG XG17AHP 17'3 inch 240Hz with built in battery, and 518Wh Power station for Camping.

I tried to bake some bread and follow the damn instructions, by adding the amount of yeast it tells me. After 10 hours, this clump of dough still has not Ryzen!

Dafuq?!

:P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, Dietrichw said:

could be , but does it matter? :P 

(it somewhat does , but it did not look like it was throtteling in later tests where the task manager was shown 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

2 minutes ago, Dietrichw said:

Hm, it's not a lot to go on... it does look circular and it's definitely lit up blue (3 LEDs?) and it appears to be laying "flat" on the CPU, as a stock cooler would (as opposed to something like this) but I'm not certain that's what it is yet.  Need to see other possibilities :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, done12many2 said:

Anyways, here's my own comparison, which convinced me that they were blatantly skewing the render test.  

4.8 ghz 5960x vs a 3.4ghz 6900k , are you REALLY suprised the 5960 is about the same speed / lil faster 

here are pm scores for stock clocks of both , ofc the +1,8ghz oc will make it run faster 

Unbenannt.png

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Just now, Space Reptile said:

4.8 ghz 5960x vs a 3.4ghz 6900k , are you REALLY suprised the 5960 is about the same speed / lil faster 

here are pm scores for stock clocks of both , ofc the +1,8ghz oc will make it run faster 

Unbenannt.png

Wow man.  You missed the whole point.  I wasn't trying to beat it because nobody can.  I was trying to show that they are skewing their results.  Nobody with a stock OR overclocked 6900k, 6950x, 5960x can beat AMD's claimed rending times in the AMD Horizon video.  

4 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Wow man.  You missed the whole point.  I wasn't trying to beat it because nobody can.  I was trying to show that they are skewing their results.  Nobody with a stock OR overclocked 6900k, 6950x, 5960x can beat AMD's claimed rending times in the AMD Horizon video.  

I hope they do and I hope they don't tweak their results. I hope that they do so I don't have to worry about potentially upgrading, and I hope that they didn't so Intel will finally have a competitor, but I think they will anyway as I don't think their prices will be as much as Intel CPU now. However, we still don't know how the AMD chip overclocks. It could not overclock well at all, 'cause temperatures will be garbage etc.

So far they didn't meet the expectations with the GPUS. They claimed something and it didn't match.

Main PC:

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KS SP 116 (124P-102E) (6.1Ghz P-Cores 4.8Ghz E-cores) MC SP 88

CPU Voltage: LLC8 1.525V (real voltage 1.425V + - Temps 85-90 P-Cores, 70-73 E-cores)

Cooled by: Supercool Direct Die 14th gen full nickel

Motherboard: Z790 ASUS Maximus Apex Encore

RAM: GSkill TridentZ 2x24GB DDR5 8600Mhz CL38 (OC from 8000Mhz CL40)

GPU: RTX MSI 4090 Suprim X with EKWB waterblock

Case: My own case fabricated out of aluminium and wood

Storage: 4x 2TB Sarbent Rocket Plus Gen 4.0 NVMe, 1x External 2TB Seagate Barracuda (Backup)

WiFi: BE202 WiFi 7 Tri-Band card module

PSU: Corsair AX1600i with custom black and red cables with 2x Corsair 5V+ Load Balancer

Display: Samsung Oddysey G9 240Hz Ver. 5120x1440 with G-Sync and Freesync Premium Pro 1008 Firmware Ver, and 1x Electriq USB C 1080p 15'8 inch IPS portable display for temperature and stats, MSI 23'8 144Hz G-Sync

Fan Controllers:  6x AquaComputer Octo with 5 temperature sensors

Cooling: Three Custom Loops:

1st Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for GPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, red coolant

2nd Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for CPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, purple coolant

3rd Loop: 1x 240mm PE CoolStream radiator with 1x EKWB Revo D5 pump (RAM ONLY)

Total: 5x pumps and 13x radiators 50x 3000RPM Noctua Industrial fans

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V3 RGB - Green switches

Sound: Logitech Z680 5.1 THX Certified 505W Speakers

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock

Piano: Yamaha P155

Phone: Oppo Find X5 Pro

Camera: Logitech Brio Pro 4K

VR: Oculus Rift S

External SSD: 256GB Overclocking OS

LaptopMSI Titan GT77HX V13RTX 4090 175W, i9 13980HX OC: P-Cores 5.8Ghz 3 cores and 5.2Ghz 5 cores and E-Cores 4.3Ghz, 192GB of RAM @5600Mhz @3600 (chipset limit),

12TB (3x4TB) of NVMe, 17'3 inch 4K 144Hz MiniLED screen, 4x 17'3 ASUS portable USB-C Monitors 240Hz, Creative Sound Blaster G6 Sound Card, Portable 16TB NVMe in TB4 enclosures (8x2TB), Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock gaming mouse, Keychron K3 gaming keyboard with blue switches low profile, Logitech Brio 4K Webcam.

Hand held: ROG Ally with XG Mobile RTX 3080 with Keychron K3 low profile keyboard (Blue Switches) and Razer Hyperspeed V3 mouse and 4TB NVMe upgrade (WDBlack SN850X), with 100W 20000Mah power bank and portable monitor ROG XG17AHP 17'3 inch 240Hz with built in battery, and 518Wh Power station for Camping.

6 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

A 5960x at 4.8 GHz?  That's insane!! O.o  I didn't even think that would be possible for everyday use...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

25 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

A 5960x at 4.8 GHz?  That's insane!! O.o  I didn't even think that would be possible for everyday use...

It's not.  Haha.  I was going to extremes to demonstrate how badly they skewed their testing.

Daily, I run a per core overclock.  4.9 GHz for 4, 4.8 for 5, 4.7 for 6, and 4.6 for 8.  The CPU adjusts clock speed from 4.9, 4.8, 4.7 to 4.6 depending on how many cores are being utilized at any given time.  Much easier to cool than 4.8 on the chip constantly especially during load.

Just now, done12many2 said:

It's not.  Haha.  I was going to extremes to demonstrate how badly they skewed their testing.

Daily, I run a per core overclock.  4.9 GHz for 4, 4.8 for 5, 4.7 for 6, and 4.6 for 8.  The CPU adjusts clock speed from 4.9, 4.8, 4.7 to 4.6 depending on how many cores are being utilized as any given time.  Much easier to cool than 4.8 on the chip constantly especially during load.

Even that is pretty amazing...

6 hours ago, it_dont_work said:

It's good to see a little sneak peak again, like the last little sneak peak, adds to the hype train which for some reason is hard to ignore compared to the intel and nvidia hype. This increase from predicting instructions might end up to be one of those technologies that doesn't really work in most programs and use cases, though I'm hopeful it turns out to be the boost it appears to do. 

Would I been nice to see the 4c/8t chip before ces, or some other benchmarks to really place it in the line up, but then again even in the live stream there wasn't much information at all. Time will tell how powerful the platform ends up being, 1 unified platform for all the consumer and enthusiasts line up is a good selling point though and it would be good to see what the compromises are (such as 4 channel ram).

While that wasn't enough to get me onto the amd hype train, it was enough that now I'm interested in seeing some benchmarks; and how it performs against intel.

-- This is what I agreed with

6 hours ago, it_dont_work said:

Still looks like I wont be upgrading any times soon...

This event unfortunately doesn't make me want to postpone the purchase of any parts that would lock me into a specific platform, as it stands one of the next parts I might buy will be the motherboard.

It's cool and all to see that AMD is getting pretty close to Intel's high end but no price range and no word on the consumer orientated CPUs leaves a lot to be desired. Perhaps an AMD event at CES 2017 might reveal more but I'm doubtful. By CES 2017, I should be incredibly close to completing the bulk of my build. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

12 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Even that is pretty amazing...

I love it.  I wanted very high single-threaded performance while maintaining high multi-threaded performance without the need to switch overclock profiles in BIOS all the time.

Here's an example of the CPU cycling through those multipliers during the RealBench benchmark.  I think I had 4.9 to 4.7 set at that time, but I've since dropped the low end to 4.6 for use with much heavier loads.

2 hours ago, done12many2 said:

I wish that were the case, but it's beyond obvious that AMD skewed the Blender render test.  Not even stock 6900k CPUs or stock 6950x CPUs can match the render times that AMD was able to pull off during the AMD Horizon event.  

I'm a fairly realistic guy and understand that companies hype things up a bit during promotions and roll outs, but what AMD did this time was different.  They showed the results of the render test and even offered to provide the files to the public so that they could run the same test on their own computers for comparison.  The problem is they used custom settings to run their bench without mentioning it.  This resulted in much higher render times for everyone who's run it on their own systems to include the 6950x, 6900k (overclocked and stock), 5960x (overclock and stock) and many other CPUs.  Guys with 6900ks overclocked and running better system configurations couldn't even match what AMD was able to do with a 3.4 GHz Ryzen chip or their "stock" 6900k.  

There's a running thread on overclock.net where everyone is trying to match AMD's magical render times with the exact same file provided by AMD via their website.  They make no mention of modified settings to Blender, but mention that both system configurations are run as they are straight out of the box.

Additionally, they stated that you'd be able to run both tests for yourself, but didn't provide the Handbrake file for comparison at all.  We're really no better off as far as a good understanding on how Zen will perform.  Like I said, feel free to check out the overclock.net thread where folks are tying to pull off the amazing feat that AMD has supposedly accomplished with that test.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1617227/amd-new-horizon-zen-preview-on-12-13-at-3-pm-cst/600_100#post_25710833  (Skip towards the end where the results start showing up)

Anyways, here's my own comparison, which convinced me that they were blatantly skewing the render test.  

I dont want to be picky but you dont exactly have ideal conditions for a benchmark.

11 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

I dont want to be picky but you dont exactly have ideal conditions for a benchmark.

I think everyone is missing the point.

Nobody with a stock OR overclocked 6900k, 6950x, 5960x or any other mainstream or enthusiast CPU can match or beat what AMD's Ryzen or 6900k did at completely stock speed as it was portrayed in the video.  People are still trying to do it over on overclock.net and as of the last time I checked the thread, only one 6950x (10 core) at 4.4 GHz was able to beat it.  

The point isn't how "ideal" my conditions were, but that the results are skewed.  They either used a different render file from what they provided to the public for comparison or they ran the configuration differently than they claimed.

1 hour ago, done12many2 said:

Wow man.  You missed the whole point.

*derp* don't post at 6 am after you just woke up kids

yea I re read it and it makes a lot more sence now , still in handbrake it looked the same so maybe they have the blender render settings tweaked a little , but on both setups? I dunno man , I just hope the Ryzen R7 will be a good chip

PSU Tier list

32 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I think everyone is missing the point.

Nobody with a stock OR overclocked 6900k, 6950x, 5960x or any other mainstream or enthusiast CPU can match or beat what AMD's Ryzen or 6900k did at completely stock speed as it was portrayed in the video.  People are still trying to do it over on overclock.net and as of the last time I checked the thread, only one 6950x (10 core) at 4.4 GHz was able to beat it.  

The point isn't how "ideal" my conditions were, but that the results are skewed.  They either used a different render file from what they provided to the public for comparison or they ran the configuration differently than they claimed.

Maybe if people make enough noise they'll address it on Reddit like they did with AotS benchmarks last time.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

*derp* don't post at 6 am after you just woke up kids

No worries bud.  :D

yea I re read it and it makes a lot more sence now , still in handbrake it looked the same so maybe they have the blender render settings tweaked a little , but on both setups?

Well, the funny thing is that they said they were going to provide both the render AND video file for the public to compare for themselves.  The only thing they provided was the render file so we can test the Handbrake stuff.  So the render test is iffy and the Handbrake test is, well unknown.  xD

I dunno man , I just hope the Ryzen R7 will be a good chip

I do to.  I'd like to give AMD a spin as it's been many many years since I've been interested enough to use one again.  However, I'm not falling for marketing bullshit.  xD

3 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Maybe if people make enough noise they'll address it on Reddit like they did with AotS benchmarks last time.

That's a great idea.  All of these guys need to stop this deceptive crap.  We can never get a no kidding apples to apples comparison, but I do understand why.  It's bad for business. If one guy hypes, the other guys needs to do it even more.

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

That's a great idea.  All of these guys need to stop this deceptive crap.  We can never get a no kidding apples to apples comparison, but I do understand why.  It's bad for business. If one guy hypes, the other guys needs to do it even more.

to be honest , everyone tweaks there charts , I mean nvidias charts are like "x times more innovative" or "50% faster than x card" (but just a numberless chart)

its business , if you ever had to pitch something at a meeting you are ofc gonna show it in the best possible light w/ graphs that make it look better than EVERYTHING else (even if its just "twice as heavy" )

PSU Tier list

5 minutes ago, Prysin said:

star citizen is the most elaborate hoax since micro-transactions

but the demos look nice :) 

PSU Tier list

Love the half baked conspiracy theories here. Yup totally skewed the results by making the 6900k finish at the same speed as the ryzen...lmao

Don't ya think, maybe just maybe they would have skewed it in their favor. If no one with a overclocked 6900k can beat ryzen they also can't beat the 6900k they used in the demo. Both cpu's finished faster than expected so yea they were probably using different settings or something but the idea was it was a fair and consistent test across both systems.

The total time doesnt matter, they were comparing the two chips to each other, and they finished at damn near the same time, there was effectively no delta. They haven't skewed anything in their favor.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

11 minutes ago, Swatson said:

Love the half baked conspiracy theories here. Yup totally skewed the results by making the 6900k finish at the same speed as the ryzen...lmao

Don't ya think, maybe just maybe they would have skewed it in their favor. If no one with a overclocked 6900k can beat ryzen they also can't beat the 6900k they used in the demo.

The total time doesnt matter, they were comparing the two chips to each other, and they finished at damn near the same time, there was effectively no delta. They haven't skewed anything in their favor.

Well it appears to be skewed and is reasonable to assume so until AMD's results can be replicated.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

2 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Well it appears to be skewed and is reasonable to assume so until AMD's results can be replicated.

It's not skewed if intel's cpu got the speed boost too, which it did... Both companies cpu's performed the same, which means the 6900k was faster than expected too. DO YOU THINK AMD WANTS TO MAKE THE 6900k LOOK FASTER THAN IT IS?

Sorry for the caps but I think people aren't getting it.

Of course 3rd party benchmarks trump all, but it's really stupid to just assume amd skewed something when the results appear to be quite equitable.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount