Is it worth getting into at this point?

Extwofour
Go to solution Solved by BananaDealer,

Right now, I'd recommend waiting until 3.0 before you get into the game, if you're expecting gameplay and enjoyability.

I'd always recommend getting a starter package at the least (Aurora or Mustang, with the Squadron 42), as you can always upgrade your pledge down the line.

Hey guys and gals. I'm sure this question gets asked a lot, so I'll make it quick. Is it worth getting into Star Citizen (purchasing all required packages) at this point? Is there gameplay and features readily available for a real "fun" experience to justify a purchase? How's the player base? Alive or dead?

Or should I just stick with Elite: Dangerous? :S

If you are looking for a LOT of gameplay and functionality, i might wait till 3.0 but right now we have an arena fighting gaming for ships, a demo of arc corp on the ground which is pretty nifty, and a few hundred thousand kilometres around the orbit of crusader with moons and space stations with some missions to do.

its pretty cool, and its definitely awe inspiring how big the space is when you consider its just around 1 planet, but its still early development. 

Right now, I'd recommend waiting until 3.0 before you get into the game, if you're expecting gameplay and enjoyability.

I'd always recommend getting a starter package at the least (Aurora or Mustang, with the Squadron 42), as you can always upgrade your pledge down the line.

• 1 month later...