dark clouds looming in the video cards supply chain - inventory levels are up, sales are down

zMeul
8 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Woah half the price on 1070s compared to 1080s! And the AMP, which is a good one iirc

The prices now have settled just above the launch price due  to the demonstration crap and these are the latest price I have 

1060 strix : 21800

1070 strix :33000

1080 strix : 61000

(Ps.I  would update the prices for other models tomorrow because it is  currently 04:34 Am here and I.have an exam at 11:00)

Just now, Scitesh said:

The prices now have settled just above the launch price due  to the demonstration crap and these are the latest price I have 

1060 strix : 21800

1070 strix :33000

1080 strix : 61000

(Ps.I  would update the prices for other models tomorrow because it is  currently 04:34 Am here and I.have an exam at 11:00)

lol sleep you'll need that

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

13 minutes ago, Energycore said:

lol sleep you'll need that

Coffee power

Just now, Scitesh said:

Coffee power

This is a test we're talking about, you'd better be at your most able and coffee is only a workaround :P

But I won't tell you what works for you

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

22 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Maybe I'll get an XFX RX 470 (not even the good PCB) for $210, ew

damn , where are you , and what do you mean w/ good pcb? 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

6 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

damn , where are you , and what do you mean w/ good pcb? 

he means custom board, not reference

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

ah , well the ref board is alright , just gotta watch out for the VRM´s 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

14 minutes ago, Energycore said:

This is a test we're talking about, you'd better be at your most able and coffee is only a workaround :P

But I won't tell you what works for you

This is.semester exam and I.need to pass

8 minutes ago, zMeul said:

With my (limited) experience I  would say some AiB  partners do mess up on their  custom Pcbs

23 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

ah , well the ref board is alright , just gotta watch out for the VRM´s 

for the RX480? no, they aren't alright - they throttle like crazy

Just now, zMeul said:

for the RX480? no, they aren't alright - they throttle like crazy

that is because of the crappy cooler 

hang on does he mean a ref rebadge card or a card that uses the reference PCB 

the pcb itself is fine , the cooler is shiet

PSU Tier list

1 hour ago, Scitesh said:

I  am tired of reading this across various forums ...

Look in india  vendors(and retailers) stuck to the prices they announced  which was roughly

(announced price  in USD)*65+30% 

PS: 65 is lower than actual conversion rate between USD and.INR ...

Also  our govt doesn't like our"hobby"  do we have to pay the  full import taxes(28%) ....

Tbh , I  called up my friends in Asus and they mentioned they were selling the 1070s  for a loss also after the 1st  week of US  release the cards can be easily found and they were available in abundance (the place from where I bought 1x1080 and 2x1070s  had almost all AiB  models on display..)

The reason would be the demonstration drive going on india ....unlike what you guys believe pc gaming is becoming a big thing over here also india is now one of the biggest dGpu  markets in Asia ..

Also  retailers in india  didn't resort to price gouging upon release of these  cards...on the topic of retail..india is still predominantly a cash economy(yup I paid for 1070s in cash)

Also the.rules during the demonstration process don't make a condusive environment  for high value purchases ( daily withdrawal allowance:INR 4000)

Price of.a 1070 INR 28000+ 

Similarly markets in Bangladesh and pak also down

I'm going off the Australian prices. The cards after conversion+taxes cost more then they should. Consider this. For a few months only 1 RX 470 equaled the price of the RX 480 Nitro 4GB, and that was the RX 470 Nitro, all others cost a lot more than that.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Maybe if the 1080 wasn't $1100 and the RX 480 was $400 in Canada.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

All these cards are selling at inflated prices. Not surprised.

I'm happy to know this. I've been played hard with computer hardware here in SEA.

I'm waiting for 1080ti or Volta news. Until I know more my 980 is working perfectly fine.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

there's a reason not many are buying them, it's because all their prices are screwed up, and they jacked the price up too much since the last generation cards, as jesus christ, 10xx cards are around £100+ more than 9xx, and the Rx cards are £40-60 more than the R9 3xx, heck looking back at the GTX570 from 2011 that was around £225-250, now the GTX1070, that's £350-450, sure it's faster so it should cost more but over the years and advancements of technologies, the price should be around the same.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

Jacked up prices that now look like they are finally settling. (at least on PPP).  

4GB RX 480 MSRP: $200.  Retailers?  "Naw son, that'd be $300+!"

8GB RX 480 MSRP: $239.  Retailers?  "Naw son, we want close to 400 smuckeroos for that!"

6GB GTX 1060 MSRP: $300.  Retailers?  "Bitch please, I heard you want to pay $440?"

3GB GTX 1060 MSRP: $200.  Retailers?  "Hahahaha, no no no... $300."

4GB RX 470 MSRP: $170.  Retailers?  "Oh, we thought you were buying an RX 480."

I mean, the retailers are like, "no one's buying da cardzz!"

Yeah, cause y'all jacked the prices up for so long.  Welcome to capitalism, where the consumer spoke with their wallets and the prices are now going back to normal.

Edited by kaiju_wars
My phone is a piece of shit so I jumped onto my laptop.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

On 12/13/2016 at 0:23 PM, That Norwegian Guy said:

No not really. For example, people were trying to sell Nvidia 2xx series for $150-$200 when the GTX 470 and 480 were brand spanking new, and the 2xx series was trash.

Much like the Radeon 5xxx and 6xxx series used sellers overvaluing them after 7xxx series came out.

A used GTX 760, 770, 780 and to a degree 780 Ti today are all overvalued by sellers. So only specific GPUs are worth buying used, right now that would be the 290, 290x and 295x2, while anything from the green team has the Nvidia tax on it because idiots think they're better

A 6950 until recently was almost 80 bucks which is awful when you consider the fact that all driver support is gone, it doesn't support GCN, any Vulkan support will be shoddy as hell (if there is any) and performance is lackluster. People overprice used shit constantly.

And I just looked up the 6990, people trying to sell it for over 100 when you can buy a GTX 960, GTX 770 or r9 280x for the same friggin price.