Engine 27 cooler (Sandia)

Frostoman

It seems the engine 27 has slipped under the radar and has been released but has no real coverage or proper reviews.

Ive been on a one man hype train since seeing the original Sandia cooler video some years back

what are everyone's thoughts on the cooler and is it worth getting over a noctua nh-l9i for my node 202 I'm building?

• 3 weeks later...

Dude you're telling me! How did this get released without any press? Last I heard they were partnering up with coolermaster. What happened with that? Any ways, I've been eyeballing this tech for some time now. I see that they finally released their server model. What about their desktop performance model? @LinusTech when are you guys going to review and stress test this new cooler?!? If their cooler lives up to their claims, oh boy. How awesome would it be to have a air cooler that out performs a AiO water cooler, that is far quieter and smaller!!

8 hours ago, LinusTech said:

We have two units and our testing is done. Video to come shortly after CES :)

Cant wait to see the video :)

On 3.1.2017 at 9:38 AM, LinusTech said:

We have two units and our testing is done. Video to come shortly after CES :)

Do you guys know why I can't regulate mine via PWM under 50% fan speed(around 3100rpm)? I had two of them and both couldn't operate under 3000rpm. It killed it in a comparison with a Noctua NH-L9i sound wise that I first wanted to make (in the end I had no time to actualy do it)

PS:Why you had 2 of them you may ask? ... I discovered that you can take out the heatsink/fan very easy, to change the thermal compound (or just for the lulz) I thought alright lets take the best we have for it and was dump enough to use Liquid Ultra on it :D (It was that shiny and kinda heavy I thought it's nickle plated copper here at the bottom, too)

h7AJfBQ.jpg?2

the old thermal paste

juDuzex.jpg?2