Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Legolessed

Anyone know a good pair of over ear headphones?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am going on a road trip soon and am going to be in the car for about 7-8 hours. I am looking for a pair of bluetooth over ear headphones for $20. If they could have noise cancelling as well that would be great. Also they have to be on amazon prime. Thanks a ton and have a great day!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to have both Bluetooth and noise-cancelling, as far as I know, they are not going to be that cheap. Consider at least $50 for Bluetooth only and at least $150 for Bluetooth and noise-cancelling


AUDIO:

- Desktop: Sennheiser GSX 1000 --> Schiit Loki --> Mackie HM4 --> Sennheiser HD6XX, Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, Sennheiser CX 5.00, Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

- Nintendo Switch: LG 29UM68-P --> Schiit Loki --> Mackie HM4 --> Sennheiser HD6XX, Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, Sennheiser CX 5.00, Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

- Portable (Wired): LG V30+ --> Audio-Technica CKR70, Ostry KC06A

- Portable (Wireless): Samsung Galaxy S10+ --> Sennheiser PXC 550, Sony WF-1000XM3, Samsung Buds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, ToanZodiac said:

If you want to have both Bluetooth and noise-cancelling, as far as I know, they are not going to be that cheap. Consider at least $50 for Bluetooth only and at least $150 for Bluetooth and noise-cancelling

I see hundreds of Bluetooth and Boise cancelling headphones on Amazon. I just don't know which ones are good?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Legolessed said:

I am going on a road trip soon and am going to be in the car for about 7-8 hours. I am looking for a pair of bluetooth over ear headphones for $20. If they could have noise cancelling as well that would be great. Also they have to be on amazon prime. Thanks a ton and have a great day!

I know of plenty. However, I don't know of many for $20, and I know of none that are bluetooth for $20, let alone any that are bluetooth and noise cancelling for $20.


Hey! New SIgnature! 

 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I know of plenty. However, I don't know of many for $20, and I know of none that are bluetooth for $20, let alone any that are bluetooth and noise cancelling for $20.

What about these? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01265MGEO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_CtFtybBEJ01CJ

My main concern is the other way around in noise cancelling. I don't want the people around me to be able to hear my music. My current pair of over ear headphones let everyone around you hear your music. You might as well use a speaker. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Legolessed said:

What about these? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01265MGEO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_CtFtybBEJ01CJ

My main concern is the other way around in noise cancelling. I don't want the people around me to be able to hear my music. My current pair of over ear headphones let everyone around you hear your music. You might as well use a speaker. 

 

For your case, just look up closed-back headphones. Your current pair should be an opened-back so that's why there is no noise isolating

 

 

Btw, active noise-canceling technology uses some kind of low frequency sound waves to block unwanted noises and those headphones are expensive. Passive noise isolating only isolates sounds depending on the ear cups' materials. In your case, you want noise isolation.


AUDIO:

- Desktop: Sennheiser GSX 1000 --> Schiit Loki --> Mackie HM4 --> Sennheiser HD6XX, Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, Sennheiser CX 5.00, Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

- Nintendo Switch: LG 29UM68-P --> Schiit Loki --> Mackie HM4 --> Sennheiser HD6XX, Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, Sennheiser CX 5.00, Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

- Portable (Wired): LG V30+ --> Audio-Technica CKR70, Ostry KC06A

- Portable (Wireless): Samsung Galaxy S10+ --> Sennheiser PXC 550, Sony WF-1000XM3, Samsung Buds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
41 minutes ago, ToanZodiac said:

For your case, just look up closed-back headphones. Your current pair should be an opened-back so that's why there is no noise isolating

 

 

Btw, active noise-canceling technology uses some kind of low frequency sound waves to block unwanted noises and those headphones are expensive. Passive noise isolating only isolates sounds depending on the ear cups' materials. In your case, you want noise isolation.

Ah. My current pair of headphones are Ath-m20 audio technica over ear headphones.  They sound pretty good but are wired and falling apart. My earbuds are some $3 ones I got on eBay??? but do you have any recommendations for headphones?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Ah. My current pair of headphones are Ath-m20 audio technica over ear headphones.  They sound pretty good but are wired and falling apart. My earbuds are some $3 ones I got on eBay??? but do you have any recommendations for headphones?

This is basically an ATH-M20 replacement with better sound:

 

https://www.amazon.com/TASCAM-TH-TH-MX2-Studio-Headphones/dp/B00GBATPIG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481511689&sr=8-2&keywords=tascam+headphones

 

Don't let the price fool you, these things are good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

This is basically an ATH-M20 replacement with better sound:

 

https://www.amazon.com/TASCAM-TH-TH-MX2-Studio-Headphones/dp/B00GBATPIG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481511689&sr=8-2&keywords=tascam+headphones

 

Don't let the price fool you, these things are good. 

those look good but they arent bluetooth. Im sorry for being so picky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Ah. My current pair of headphones are Ath-m20 audio technica over ear headphones.  They sound pretty good but are wired and falling apart. My earbuds are some $3 ones I got on eBay??? but do you have any recommendations for headphones?

 

How about this https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Ultra-Light-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B00SA1IAWG%3Fpsc%3D1%26SubscriptionId%3DAKIAICE7LOAJMK3SSLPA%26tag%3Dpcm_contextual-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB00SA1IAWG%26ascsubtag%3Db89814d0-6713-4a78-9cf5-3040fad79ac5

 

Headphones from a brand that I actually know


AUDIO:

- Desktop: Sennheiser GSX 1000 --> Schiit Loki --> Mackie HM4 --> Sennheiser HD6XX, Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, Sennheiser CX 5.00, Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

- Nintendo Switch: LG 29UM68-P --> Schiit Loki --> Mackie HM4 --> Sennheiser HD6XX, Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, Sennheiser CX 5.00, Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

- Portable (Wired): LG V30+ --> Audio-Technica CKR70, Ostry KC06A

- Portable (Wireless): Samsung Galaxy S10+ --> Sennheiser PXC 550, Sony WF-1000XM3, Samsung Buds

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ToanZodiac said:

 

 

 

Btw, active noise-canceling technology uses some kind of low frequency sound waves to block unwanted noises

uh, no not really..... Not at all actually.


n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spwath said:

uh, no not really..... Not at all actually.

Isn't the noise canceling uses the inverted of the outside sound waves to cancel it out? Correct me if I'm wrong please!


AUDIO:

- Desktop: Sennheiser GSX 1000 --> Schiit Loki --> Mackie HM4 --> Sennheiser HD6XX, Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, Sennheiser CX 5.00, Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

- Nintendo Switch: LG 29UM68-P --> Schiit Loki --> Mackie HM4 --> Sennheiser HD6XX, Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, Sennheiser CX 5.00, Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

- Portable (Wired): LG V30+ --> Audio-Technica CKR70, Ostry KC06A

- Portable (Wireless): Samsung Galaxy S10+ --> Sennheiser PXC 550, Sony WF-1000XM3, Samsung Buds

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ToanZodiac said:

Isn't the noise canceling uses the inverted of the outside sound waves to cancel it out? Correct me if I'm wrong please!

yeah, that's right.

but not low frequency sound waves. The same exact frequency as there is outside the headphones, just 180 degree phase shift


n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×