Need some help please

Acewolffian

So I upgraded to a new Motherboard today and for some reason windows 10 wont activate. I upgraded free from windows 7. I made one other hardware change before and i was able to activate it through troubleshooter just fine now it wont work. It says that it cant find any devices linked to your account. So i go to my account and I see two PC devices. It shows the one showing (my name)-PC, with windows 10 pro. Then i see another with (my name)-PC, with to be filled out by O.E.M. Ive done this once before so i dont know why its not working. I chated with a support person but he says i need the windows 7 product key which i dont have. Is it possible to delete those devices on my account and re add my pc? I need some help. I dont want to purchase an expensive OS. Im a college student after all.

1 hour ago, Acewolffian said:

So I upgraded to a new Motherboard today and for some reason windows 10 wont activate. I upgraded free from windows 7. I made one other hardware change before and i was able to activate it through troubleshooter just fine now it wont work. It says that it cant find any devices linked to your account. So i go to my account and I see two PC devices. It shows the one showing (my name)-PC, with windows 10 pro. Then i see another with (my name)-PC, with to be filled out by O.E.M. Ive done this once before so i dont know why its not working. I chated with a support person but he says i need the windows 7 product key which i dont have. Is it possible to delete those devices on my account and re add my pc? I need some help. I dont want to purchase an expensive OS. Im a college student after all.

Do you use accessibility software? Or can you find some random excuse to use accessibility software?

Like for example getting their screen reader to read news websites for your because you're lazy? Or using the magnifying glass to magnify small text so you can see it better? Or I guess if you have a legitimate use case like blindness you technically qualify too.

If so you're in luck. Reinstall Windows 7, activate it, and then go here, and click the button that says that at some point somewhere down the line you've used or are actively using accessibility technology on your device. It'll download and apply the Windows 10 upgrade for free still.

(Please not, this is not "piracy" and I do not condone piracy. This is a legitimate avenue left by Microsoft. It has intentionally very vague wording so as to include as many people as possible, probably to get a higher percentage of users onto their latest platform.)