Verizon wont defuse the bomb. (Verizon wont kill the note 7)

alizaidi2000

Should Verizon have defused the bomb?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should Verizon have defused the bomb?

• Yes
    • No.
    • Anybody that still uses the Note 7 deserves whats coming

1 minute ago, alizaidi2000 said:

Oh i thought, it was for a replacement note 7 which does not explode(but did).

The first replacement was a Note 7, but then after the second recall they switched it to the S7 + $150.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

opening numerous posts about the same thing is at least against the forum guidelines

You can't simply barely mention the topic, and then say the post actually telling people formally whats happeneing is a duplicate post

as someone still waiting on the pixel XL i pre ordered to replace my note 7 I'm glad they rejected the update, I still need a phone....

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

1 hour ago, totjup5 said:

as someone still waiting on the pixel XL i pre ordered to replace my note 7 I'm glad they rejected the update, I still need a phone....

What if it explodes while you are waiting? then you will still be without a phone

21 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I'm pretty sure most people will use Google Maps regardless of their wireless carrier. But it only shows that VZW is not so serious when it comes to safety. 

I would.

If my fucking Windows Phone would actually display the map on google maps.

God I cannot wait to get an Android. This fucking phone is just complete garbage. I love the interface, but as for functionality and compatibility, it just isn't there. Even with the Wifi at my work, the I<3Radio app doesn't work. I select an artist/song/channel-whatever, and it just doesn't play. It just loads endlessly.

We can simultaneously image almost a thousand notebooks at a time, but A goddamned music streaming app won't play.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

38 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

This.....sort of makes sense considering the time of year.

What they should be doing, is working with manufacturers to recall and replace this device with something safer. Instead of merely covering their own asses from the most immediate source of lawsuit.

They're worried about "you broke my phone and X happened and I got hurt". When they should be breaking the phone and replacing it with something that isn't going to explode.

That would not hold in court, it is an officially recalled device. It is illegal to use it on ANY public transport. If V had communicated the recall to its users "effectively" as they clamed there wouldn't be the issue of people still using them.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

7 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

That would not hold in court, it is an officially recalled device. It is illegal to use it on ANY public transport. If V had communicated the recall to its users "effectively" as they clamed there wouldn't be the issue of people still using them.

You can sue anyone for anything, in the US. Whether or not you will win is the question.

Get a good enough lawyer, and a good enough story behind you, and the company won't risk adjudication, instead they'll just settle out of court.

"Well, V could have prevented this by issuing a known update that would have shut the phone down, they didn't do everything in their power to protect my client, blah blah blah, lawyer human scum speak, blah blah blah"

LMAO. That title though :D.

Reminded me of CS:GO.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Verizon will not be taking part in this update because of the added risk this could pose to Galaxy Note 7 users that do not have another device to switch to

From the words of Undoomed: "Hey moron, fucking moron"

Verizon, do you not carry phones(and are you not honoring the recall?)? Oh, you just don't carry phones that are comparable to the Note 7, well too bad, recalls suck and so does your product portfolio.

I don't care if Samsung is disabling phones, because the ignorant morons who still haven't RMA'd their phone put my life(and many others) at risk.

5 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

This.....sort of makes sense considering the time of year.

What they should be doing, is working with manufacturers to recall and replace this device with something safer. Instead of merely covering their own asses from the most immediate source of lawsuit.

They're worried about "you broke my phone and X happened and I got hurt". When they should be breaking the phone and replacing it with something that isn't going to explode.

You're getting a full refund when you bring it in...

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

They have a point. They don't even designed or manufactured the device. Informing people is enough on their behalf. Spam everyone, if you want. If Samsung wants (through service providers or otherwise) annoyingly remind everyone about the recall, so be it. In my view, there is no need to go one step further and remotely disable everything (assuming users who didn't exchange their devices are indeed installing every update pushed to them - afaik you can make all updates non-automatic in Android, but I don't know much about locked phones) - it's possible, but they are free to not do it.

I say inform everyone, then live and let die. We are getting too used to be treated as permanently underage. 

i also think the "life-threatening" nature of the defect is blown out of proportion (which is not the same as saying it doesn't exist).

7 hours ago, totjup5 said:

You could have swapped it for an S7/edge. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I don't see this going down too well with the government, after all they government have banned them from being sold and from being taken on most US public transportation networks.

It won't be long until some agency steps in and forces them to push the update.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

i'd still rock a note 7 no matter what. i don't give a shit on what the government, or carriers, or transportation networks say. i'll still fucking use it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

13 hours ago, alizaidi2000 said:

Verizon will not be taking part in this update because of the added risk this could pose to Galaxy Note 7 users that do not have another device to switch to

God forbid someone doesn't have a phone for like a week. 

Oh the humanity.....

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

They have to be able to do something to disable the device and still allow 911 calls to go through.  Isn't it a law that any phone has to be able to call 911?  Like, if I get a new phone tomorrow, my old phone should still be able to dial 911, even if it's no longer able to make other calls, or if I have an old phone that I don't use any more, it will still reach 911.  I thought they did that years ago.  Or were they just discussing that?

Turns out you can still call 911 with old phones: https://www.puretalkusa.com/blog/tips-and-tricks-for-using-cell-phones-in-emergencies/

1 hour ago, Ringthane said:

They have to be able to do something to disable the device and still allow 911 calls to go through.  Isn't it a law that any phone has to be able to call 911?  Like, if I get a new phone tomorrow, my old phone should still be able to dial 911, even if it's no longer able to make other calls, or if I have an old phone that I don't use any more, it will still reach 911.  I thought they did that years ago.  Or were they just discussing that?

Yeah any phone even without a sim card can call 911. But how can they disable the device and still be able to call 911. You can't disable a device and still be able to call 911.

4 hours ago, terrytek said:

i'd still rock a note 7 no matter what. i don't give a shit on what the government, or carriers, or transportation networks say. i'll still fucking use it.

Well, the OTA update (which carriers can force install at their discretion) renders the phone absolutely unusable by completely disabling its ability to charge the battery or even accept enough voltage to power on the phone. The only reason Verizon users will be able to use it is because Verizon is refusing to send out the update.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

5 hours ago, terrytek said:

Why would you still use it? It's basically a fucking bomb!

2 minutes ago, alizaidi2000 said:

Why would you still use it? It's basically a fucking bomb!

Because the issue has been blown way out of proportion.

The details on some of the cases are also so vague that we cannot determine if misuse triggered the "explosion."

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Because the issue has been blown way out of proportion.

The details on some of the cases are also so vague that we cannot determine if misuse triggered the "explosion."

The issue was because of the poor quality lithium ion batteries Samsung put in it, its a hardware thing on all notes 7s

9 hours ago, ElfenSky said:

You're getting a full refund when you bring it in...

Well then.

Give them a warning ahead of time, then brick the phone. Tell them a week or so. Send out a message "in 7 days an update will be pushed out that will render this device unusable, please return it to your nearest Verizon store for a full refund".

They probably just don't want to give out the refunds to be honest.

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

Well then.

Give them a warning ahead of time, then brick the phone. Tell them a week or so. Send out a message "in 7 days an update will be pushed out that will render this device unusable, please return it to your nearest Verizon store for a full refund".

They probably just don't want to give out the refunds to be honest.

They'll probably still give refunds after its bricked. But i agree they should have given a warning.

Just now, alizaidi2000 said:

They'll probably still give refunds after its bricked. But i agree they should have given a warning.

They aren't pushing the update out AFAIK. And yes, they would have to give the refund after bricking the device.

What I'm saying is that they're taking a gamble on how many phones will actually explode, and thinking "well, let's not push this out, and see how few refunds we can give out".

It does make sense TBH. I hope they push it out after though

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0