I need some help please...

Acewolffian

I recently upgraded my mobo from a H110M-A to a Asus z170-A. I've been using a corsair H60 AIO liquid cooler for my cpu. My problem is my degrees Celsius have went up with mobo switch. I got mid 20s on H110 and now on the Z170 I get mid 30s possibly higher at times. Thats at my windows home screen and in bios for both mobos. Ive connected the same way ive done the H110, Cpu block plugged into cpu header and rad fan plugged into Chasis fan. The Cpu block is at max speed 4000+rpm. and chassis fan at about 1100+rpm. So is this normal because the mobo is considerably bigger? I dont know what to do, any help appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Acewolffian said:

I recently upgraded my mobo from a H110M-A to a Asus z170-A. I've been using a corsair H60 AIO liquid cooler for my cpu. My problem is my degrees Celsius have went up with mobo switch. I got mid 20s on H110 and now on the Z170 I get mid 30s possibly higher at times. Thats at my windows home screen and in bios for both mobos. Ive connected the same way ive done the H110, Cpu block plugged into cpu header and rad fan plugged into Chasis fan. The Cpu block is at max speed 4000+rpm. and chassis fan at about 1100+rpm. So is this normal because the mobo is considerably bigger? I dont know what to do, any help appreciated.

Your temps are still very good. Nothing to worry about

Hello

That's a perfectly fine idle temp. 

I've seen the same thing happen going from a H87 to a Z87 motherboard, the Z87 pumped a little more voltage to the CPU in auto mode but it was still well below anything that would cause concern.  With the H87 it was running at 1.15V and with the Z87 the same CPU was at 1.20V so it ran a little hotter.

16 hours ago, johnny5c said:

That's a perfectly fine idle temp. 

I've seen the same thing happen going from a H87 to a Z87 motherboard, the Z87 pumped a little more voltage to the CPU in auto mode but it was still well below anything that would cause concern.  With the H87 it was running at 1.15V and with the Z87 the same CPU was at 1.20V so it ran a little hotter.

16 hours ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Your temps are still very good. Nothing to worry about

I use Core temp to look at the temps. It keeps fluctuating from mid 30s to 50s+. Is it inaccurate a little? Thanks for the reponses btw.

i'm idling at 40*C with a 4.4GHz clock on 1.330 volts on an air cooler (Pure Rock Slim), same board.

I should note, there is a waterpump header you should be using.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

15 hours ago, Murilo_A said:

Have you reapplied thermal paste?

I have.

Also Can anyone confirm that core temp is inaccurate or atleast that it fluctuates as bad on theirs? It goes from 30s to 50s and 60s but quickly jumps down and up.

Sorry if im a little worried. I spent a lot on this pc as of late and im worried about performance

2 minutes ago, Acewolffian said:

I have.

Also Can anyone confirm that core temp is inaccurate or atleast that it fluctuates as bad on theirs? It goes from 30s to 50s and 60s but quickly jumps down and up.

Probably there's something wrong with the sensor

Most CPUs can support up to 100C without having problems

You only have to de worried if it starts to shut off or downclock

15 hours ago, Acewolffian said:

Sorry if im a little worried. I spent a lot on this pc as of late and im worried about performance

Intel CPUs are fine for 80-90C full stress load temps. Idle/low load temps don't matter. Since you are getting 30C already, you cooler is working as it should. I'm bit doubtful that you were having something below 30C before as that would mean your room temps is something like 15-17C. 27C is lowest boot temp I've seen with AIO on Intel (as a screenshot).

Get worried if you full stress load temps are constantly over 90C.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, Acewolffian said:

I have.

Windows runs some background processes and everytime you start something it also makes the CPU work. These background processes start at random times and intervals so, they can seem as just workload spikes. Once the CPU is doing work the temps rise to some load temperature. So the fast jumps to 50s or 60s are most likely fine because they are most likely some background process or something you're doing is making the CPU work.

CPU: i5 6600k @4.5GHz | GPU Zotac Amp! 1070 | RAM: Corsair vengeance 16gb | Storage: Corsair Force LE 240gb +480gb | Case: Corsair Carbide Clear C400 | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Cooler: H110i GTX