Microboard Korean Curved Ultrawide 100Hz Gaming Monitor

LinusTech

Here's my two cents on this. 

Someone who has the budget to buy a GTX1080 will have the budget to buy a brand name monitor from a retail store and may even go straight to a 4K monitor. They won't look on eBay for a Korean non - brand name monitor.

Such a monitor would be more thought after by people that have less money to spend on computer parts, and that's right in the RX 470 or RX 480 territory, some of these cards are 1/3 rd of the price of a GTX 1080.

So it would have made more sense to test the monitor with Freesync enabled and a RX 470 or RX 480, the 4 GB GDDR5 memory on RX 470 would be enough for 3440x1440 if the games are configured on medium-high.

I would have tested it with games like Left 4 Dead 2, Rocket League, CS:Go , maybe even some racing games (though they're not my fav. genre)

23 hours ago, Jamesuperfun said:

Oh fuck off Linus. This is starting to make me reconsider wanting to buy a subscription to the new site (waiting on a decent Vessel replacement). This is just completely false.

People who want high refresh rates generally want it for FPS' like CS:GO, Overwatch etc. Are you really trying to claim that two Fury X's couldn't run either of these games at that resolution? Not to mention that they're currently releasing more GPUs... In as few as a couple days they have a major event. It is a $700 monitor and not all of AMD's cards are $200. I have a 390X, does this apparently not exist?

You even complain about the tearing in the video. How is it not relevant to mention that there will not be tearing on AMD cards?

I'm beginning to take these complaints about Linus being biased seriously. The latest WAN show had the absolutely massive update to the drivers ignored until literally after the outro

Hell, a single Fury X will have no trouble at Overwatch maxed out at 3440x1440. Maybe not at 100+FPS, but no trouble running it at all. Drop a couple of settings and that's practically guaranteed.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 hour ago, samcool55 said:

Well, if i want that monitor this video is useless.

I want to know if freesync actually works and i have no clue now.

Oh well... I'm disappointed that even tho they have more employees than ever, they sometimes fail to remember the basics...

42-100 Hz is VRR window at native resolution.

But the monitor can output 144 Hz at 2560x1080, unfortunately I do not know if Freesync is supported at that resolution, and what the window is.

Hope it helps.

My fury tri-x should be here tomorow, so i can answer that.

On 12.12.2016 at 8:52 PM, SanityAgathion said:

42-100 Hz is VRR window at native resolution.

But the monitor can output 144 Hz at 2560x1080, unfortunately I do not know if Freesync is supported at that resolution, and what the window is.

Hope it helps.

CPU

Intel  i9 13900k

Motherboard

Asrock Z790 Taichi

RAM

Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 RGB 32GB 6000MHZ

GPU

MSI GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING TRIO 24G 

Storage

Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1TB 
Unraid NAS 10Gbit about 50TB HDD's, i713700k 64GB DDR5 crucial @ 5800Mhz 

Win11 Workstation

Yeah this was pretty bad and that response was also bad. Unimpressed all round.

On 12/11/2016 at 6:24 PM, Drak3 said:

Higher end GTX cards support 10bit color depth now (10 bit color has been supported in fullscreen DirectX), and the Radeon lines have supported 10bit color for a few years.

Is it still true for OpenGL which Photoshop uses to render canvas?

2 hours ago, rossmohax said:

Is it still true for OpenGL which Photoshop uses to render canvas?

I believe Photoshop won't allow users to use 10bit color without Quadro/FirePro drivers.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

• 2 weeks later...

Which inputs are you getting the 100hz on? I'm only getting 60 hz on displayport 1.2 cable. I'm able to get 100 hz on an expensive Monster brand HDMI cable but picture keeps blinking and goes out all together when playing a game. A cheaper HDMI that I use for my Xbox One also only giving 60 hz but no blinking.

• 2 months later...