Should I get an SSD or GPU?

Akolyte

You can always play with lower graphic settings anyways.

Congratulation! Be sure to do a clean Windows install and look on the internet how to disable the Defragmenter,enable TRIM,disable the Hibernate function and you're good to go. Good luck. :)

Thanks! you too!  and yes I can.  The 650 ti can handle bf4 with 30fps ultra 1080 with a max fps of 47.  So the 650 should have no issues with everything turned down to horrible settings.

Ok. Where to begin. 

GPU's are fantastic if you are into serious gaming. As everyone knows, video cards are expensive if you want a good one.  I didn't read this topic completely; however I did notice you said you play minecraft.  This game doesn't require much and if it is running fine now, there really is no reason to upgrade your video card yet.  My recommendation would be an SSD

The drives that I always recommend are OCZ and Plextor.  In my opinion, through testing and actual use, they are the best.  In fact, they have always tested within the top 5 best drives.  If you want to save on cost, have amazing performance and less than $1 per Gb, go with the Plextor M5P Xtreme.  I am currently using this drive in my computer and it screams.  This will radically change how your computer operates.  Boots times decrease(mine boots in 10 seconds), load times decrease, programs open faster as well as games.  Over all, this would be a fantastic drive for you. 

http://www.amazon.com/Plextor-Xtreme-2-5-Inch-Internal-PX-256M5PRO/dp/B00B5BRIA8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383250209&sr=8-1&keywords=Plextor+m5p+Xtreme

They ship to New Zealand as well. 

Cheers!

-T