adobe cc

Go to solution Solved by AshleyAshes,
2 minutes ago, Edwardk326 said:

damn you were right ok here is the thing cpu usage for adobe media encoder is at almost zero percent

here is a photo

Capture.PNG

Capture10.PNG

Wait... Are you just using Adobe Media Encoder to transcode a whole pirated movie...?

...Use Handbrake.

Also I am outta did thread before the mods turn up. :o

hi guys sorry to bother you but I have a problem I transferred a movie from my mac to my custom (6 core skylake 32gb ram gtx980) pc, yay didn't take that long (took about an hour). My friend then told me to change the format to mp4 before sharing it on bittorrent. here is the problem I have been changing the format of the movie to mp4 for the past 4 hours adobe media encoder is so damn slow it's almost as if it's frozen or something like that.

Motherboard: Asus Z97-Deluxe, Processor: Intel i7-4790K@4.3GHz@1.150Volts, GPU: Asus ROG GTX980 Matrix (with a NZXT G10 bracket and a nzxt x41 AIO liquid cooler), Ram: Kingston HyperX 32GB 1866MHz CL10, PSU: Corsair Hx1200i, Storage: 1TB Seagate SSHD with a Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB SSD, Display: BenQ XL2411Z, Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB, Mouse: Razer Deathadder chroma.  

pc part picker list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/hu0210/saved/#view=qHK6XL

What is the original file type?

If its anything using the h264 codec (eg. mov or .mkv) you can rename the file to .mp4 and you will be fine ;)

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

2 minutes ago, oskarha said:

If its anything using the h264 codec (eg. mov or .mkv) you can rename the file to .mp4 and you will be fine ;)

This is not how container formats work.  This is not how they work at all.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

This is not how container formats work.  This is not how they work at all.

If its the same codec this trick will work.

Otherwise ofcourse not :P

I know because I did this only a few days ago.

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

7 minutes ago, oskarha said:

If its the same codec this trick will work.

Otherwise ofcourse not :P

I know because I did this only a few days ago.

No, something else happened and you just don't understand why.

Windows is stupid, Windows determines what application to run a file from purely by it's extension even if that extension is wrong.  If you take file.jpg and rename it to file.exe, Windows will think that's a Windows executable and try to execute it... Unsuccessfully.  Media players on the other hand can handle multiple file types and Windows will go 'Okay, I have file.mkv, I will open it with Media Player Classic Home Cinema', but MPC-HC or VLC, or what ever you are using, if it supports multiple container formats, will NOT be stupid and it will read the actual header to the file to determine what the file contains.  Since these players often support multiple container formats such as MKV and MP4, then if you feed it an MKV named file.mp4, it reads the file's header and goes 'Okay, it's an MKV, I'll use the MKV container config to play this back.

This has in no way converted an MKV to an MP4 or into an MOV.  They are distinctly different container formats and renaming them will absolutely not enable a file to work in a piece of software or hardware that does not support that container.  If you have some USB key reading DVD player or something that supports MP4 but not MKV and you just rename file.mkv to file.mp4 the only thing that device is going to do is say 'Hey, File.mp4 appears to be corrupted or unplayable.  Give me something that's not broken.'

So I understand why you think you discovered a 'neat trick' and it's just important for you to understand that you are wrong and are spreading false technical information.

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

No, something else happened and you just don't understand why.

Windows is stupid, Windows determines what application to run a file from purely by it's extension even if that extension is wrong.  If you take file.jpg and rename it to file.exe, Windows will think that's a Windows executable and try to execute it... Unsuccessfully.  Media players on the other hand can handle multiple file types and Windows will go 'Okay, I have file.mkv, I will open it with Media Player Classic Home Cinema, but MPC-HC or VLC, or what ever you are using, if it supports multiple container formats, will NOT be stupid and it will read the actual header to the file to determine what the file contains.  Since these players often support multiple container formats such as MKV and MP4, then if you feed it an MKV named file.mp4, it reads the file's header and goes 'Okay, it's an MKV, I'll use the MKV container config to play this back.

This has in no way converted an MKV to an MP4 or into an MOV.  They are distinctly different container formats and renaming them will absolutely not enable a file to work in a piece of software or hardware that does not support that container.  If you have some USB key reading DVD player or something that supports MP4 but not MKV and you just rename file.mkv to file.mp4 the only thing that device is going to do is say 'Hey, File.mp4 appears to be corrupted or unplayable.  Give me something that's not broken.'

So I understand why you think you discovered a 'neat trick' and it's just important for you to understand that you are wrong and are spreading false technical information.

Thank you very much for your clarification.

I had no idea that this was how it worked, but now I know ;)

Main Rig:

Spoiler

... Anyway, the solution to OP's request is to not use Adobe Media Encoder and instead use ffmpeg as described here. Not as elegant to use, but a far more elegant solution than re-encoding (and losing quality). It'll simply swap the container and leave the audio/video/subtitle data intact.

1 minute ago, Runefox said:

... Anyway, the solution to OP's request is to not use Adobe Media Encoder and instead use ffmpeg as described here. Not as elegant to use, but a far more elegant solution than re-encoding (and losing quality). It'll simply swap the container and leave the audio/video/subtitle data intact.

Or handbrake if ffmpeg is to complicated :)

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Just now, oskarha said:

Thank you very much for your clarification.

I had no idea that this was how it worked, but now I know ;)

You aren't wrong that you can put h.264 (Or any number of video, audio, subtitle, and metadata types' into different containers but container formats are different.  A container is basically just a 'box' to put stuff in and different 'boxes' have different features.  Some support different audio or video types but many support similar ones.  Some support ways to have different 'angles' or how chapters are laid out.  MKV can embed entire true type fonts so an MKV file's subtitles can use fonts that the system itself doesn't have installed.  This is not something you can do with an MP4 for example.  While they can store multiple and often the same kinds of content within the container they are designed and arranged differently by their creators so support must be implemented for each.

The real thing is that most people assume that a file extension absolutely tells you what's in a file.  But for video, an MOV could contain H.264 video and AAC audio or it could contain Avid DNxHD and LPCM audio.  An MKV could be MPEG2 (Not that that happens much) with Dolby Digital AC3 and subtitles in every Chinese dialect with multiple fonts.

21 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What is the cpu usage like? What are the settings like in AME?

damn you were right ok here is the thing cpu usage for adobe media encoder is at almost zero percent

here is a photo

Capture.PNG

Capture10.PNG

Motherboard: Asus Z97-Deluxe, Processor: Intel i7-4790K@4.3GHz@1.150Volts, GPU: Asus ROG GTX980 Matrix (with a NZXT G10 bracket and a nzxt x41 AIO liquid cooler), Ram: Kingston HyperX 32GB 1866MHz CL10, PSU: Corsair Hx1200i, Storage: 1TB Seagate SSHD with a Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB SSD, Display: BenQ XL2411Z, Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB, Mouse: Razer Deathadder chroma.  

pc part picker list:

Or handbrake if ffmpeg is to complicated :)

Handbrake will work, but will re-encode the file, which is time-consuming and reduces quality. There are frontends for ffmpeg out there, but it's easier to just grab it and run the command than it is to track down a decent one.

3 minutes ago, Runefox said:

Or handbrake :)

A lossy recompression would be destructive since it's already rendered out in a lossy format.  You'd just lose more information.

Remultiplexing into a different container format like Runefox said would be lossless.  That said, the tools for remultiplexing can be a bit tricky to understand.  Just sucking it up and re-rendering out of Adobe Premiere is, while the most time consuming, also the most idiot proof way to do it successfully.

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

A lossy recompression would be destructive since it's already rendered out in a lossy format.  You'd just lose more information.

Remultiplexing into a different container format like Runefox said would be lossless.  That said, the tools for remultiplexing can be a bit tricky to understand.  Just sucking it up and re-rendering out of Adobe Premiere is, while the most time consuming, also the most idiot proof way to do it successfully.

OP is using AME to recompress the video (the source is not a project its a .m4v video file).

In my experience handbrake is alot more stable that AME.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Edwardk326 said:

here is a photo

Capture.PNG

Capture10.PNG

Wait... Are you just using Adobe Media Encoder to transcode a whole pirated movie...?

...Use Handbrake.

22 minutes ago, oskarha said:

yeah sorry I took so long to reply

the original format of the movie was m4v I want to change it to mp4

pc part picker list:

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

...Use Handbrake.

Wow ok bye :o

Main Rig:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, oskarha said:

OP is using AME to recompress the video (the source is not a project its a .m4v video file).

In my experience handbrake is alot more stable that AME.

Since we're talking Adobe, I had assumed we were baking out a Premiere project or something.  Not just using AME as a transoder for pirated material.  Yeah, AME is a terrible choice for such a task.

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

...Use Handbrake.

handbrake interesting I'll give it a look

I hope I will able to sharing (or otherwise known as seeding) a movie with decent quality I don't want people to swear at me for a movie with poor quality 

thanks man and also thanks to everyone I really appreciate the help

pc part picker list:

8 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Since we're talking Adobe, I had assumed we were baking out a Premiere project or something.  Not just using AME as a transoder for pirated material.  Yeah, AME is a terrible choice for such a task.

oh no the movie is not pirated in any way I pay for all the movies. but my friend said I should share it on bittorrent he told me just change the format to mp4 instead of m4v sorry for the confusion I caused   

pc part picker list:

On 12/9/2016 at 9:33 PM, AshleyAshes said:

I agree after for 4 hours it just crashed on me. I'm like what the hell? I'm gonna take a break spend some time with my family then I'll give it a try again.

I still don't know why my friend is asking me to change it from m4v to mp4. I think it will be just fine as m4v if I share it on bittorrent  

Capture11.PNG

pc part picker list:

9 minutes ago, Edwardk326 said:

oh no the movie is not pirated in any way I pay for all the movies. but my friend said I should share it on bittorrent he told me just change the format to mp4 instead of m4v sorry for the confusion I caused   

You may have paid for your copy but by uploading it to bit torrent you are illegally distributing the movie. That's piracy.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

26 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

You aren't wrong that you can put h.264 (Or any number of video, audio, subtitle, and metadata types' into different containers but container formats are different.  A container is basically just a 'box' to put stuff in and different 'boxes' have different features.  Some support different audio or video types but many support similar ones.  Some support ways to have different 'angles' or how chapters are laid out.  MKV can embed entire true type fonts so an MKV file's subtitles can use fonts that the system itself doesn't have installed.  This is not something you can do with an MP4 for example.  While they can store multiple and often the same kinds of content within the container they are designed and arranged differently by their creators so support must be implemented for each.

The real thing is that most people assume that a file extension absolutely tells you what's in a file.  But for video, an MOV could contain H.264 video and AAC audio or it could contain Avid DNxHD and LPCM audio.  An MKV could be MPEG2 (Not that that happens much) with Dolby Digital AC3 and subtitles in every Chinese dialect with multiple fonts.

what you said is very interesting I will try changing the format to mkv using handbrake

I thin it will work because my understanding is that mp4 is a very old format

thank you very much

pc part picker list:

1 minute ago, pyrojoe34 said:

You may have paid for your copy but by uploading it to bit torrent you are illegally distributing the movie. That's piracy.

nothing serious will happen right? I mean it's just sharing resources on the internet.

pc part picker list:

thanks girls and guys for all the help you are amazing this community is amazing I'm never leaving linustechtips forums and also I hope you never leave linustechtips forums

god bless you all also I can't wait for Christmas

pc part picker list: