microwave jamms my wifi?!?

glunday
1 minute ago, fpo said:

serously tho OP, try the aluminum thing I said in like poost 1. It will reflect the waves back like a sataljght dish,. 

except the microwave already has that built in, because if it didnt it'd be emitting death :P

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

except the microwave already has that built in, because if it didnt it'd be emitting death :P

it needs more insulation. Also I didn't know that. Why don't soldiers just emit cancer at theirenemies when they make hot pockets? 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

it needs more insulation. Also I didn't know that. Why don't soldiers just emit cancer at theirenemies when they make hot pockets? 

i'm prettty sure it's been used as a weapon before, but 2.4GHz is kinda hard to aim compared to bullets.

have a go at this:

https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/are-microwaves-safe/

and then googel for "are microwaves safe" and read some other articles stating the opposite. 

but seriously and jokes aside:

You bombard your food with a massive EM field, please don't expect that to not have any consequences on said food besides heating it up. There is a reason they build a more or less tight cake around it.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'm prettty sure it's been used as a weapon before, but 2.4GHz is kinda hard to aim compared to bullets.

we actua;;y have it it's called the ray gun. IT like boils the water under your skin or something. 

and to conclude your thread. We all agreed that pizza bagels are better in the toaster oven, and Ethernet Master Race. 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

we actua;;y have it it's called the ray gun. IT like boils the water under your skin or something. 

and to conclude your thread. We all agreed that pizza bagels are better in the toaster oven, and Ethernet Master Race. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! don't use toasters! they make food dark and that causes cancer!

hell I think even cancer causes cancer these days....

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

the reason why microwaves use 2.4GHz is because it's the most efficient frequency to "excite" water molecules, of which there's quite a lot in food, and humans.

the reason why microwaves use 2.4GHz is because it's the most efficient frequency to "excite" water molecules, of which there's quite a lot in food, and humans.

and in water!

If you want to stay safe drink alkohol. Some fine single malts are so dry there is no way there is any water in 'em!

16 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

have a go at this:

and then googel for "are microwaves safe" and read some other articles stating the opposite. 

You bombard your food with a massive EM field, please don't expect that to not have any consequences on said food besides heating it up. There is a reason they build a more or less tight cake around it.

thats a website, that's not a scientific foundation, school, or something else that actually seems trustworthy.

i7 6700k - Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 - assorted other stuff

The scientific reason is that microwaves is non ionizing radiation.  That means it cannot break dna molecules in cells to potentially mutate then into cancerous ones.

Ionizing radiation starts at UV.

Just read that site Truthaboutcancer and holy #%¥ my head hurts and I feel dumber.

4 milligauss linked to leukemia?????  dafaq?   gauss is a unit of magnetism.  cells arent magnetic.   The earths magnetic field  is 500 milligauss.

21 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

have a go at this:

by the way that google search came up with 7 sites on the first page claiming they are safe when operating properly and to design specifications 1 from the WHO and 1 from the FDA were there as well along with many sources and cited studies. there were also 2 that said they were bad one was global healing center and cited nothing and the other was using studies from the nazies as their sorce. not the most trustworthy of information. you say the fact it has shielding is enough to justify that properly functioning microwaved foods are bad for you. your justification for that downright wrong.

2 minutes ago, glunday said:

by the way that google search came up with 7 sites on the first page claiming they are safe when operating properly and to design specifications 1 from the WHO and 1 from the FDA were there as well along with many sources and cited studies. there were also 2 that said they were bad one was global healing center and cited nothing and the other was using studies from the nazies as their sorce. not the most trustworthy of information. you say the fact it has shielding is enough to justify that properly functioning microwaved foods are bad for you. your justification for that downright wrong.

I stopped being interested in this topic but you got my attention now. wait. no you didn't :-)

can we just agree that microwaves are:

1. practical and fast

2. jam your wifi (though mine doesn't)

3. traditional cooking methods mighty actually be better for heating food

4. studies are stupid until faked and done by yourself

Just now, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

I stopped being interested in this topic but you got my attention now. wait. no you didn't :-)

can we just agree that microwaves are:

1. practical and fast

2. jam your wifi (though mine doesn't)

3. traditional cooking methods mighty actually be better for heating food

4. studies are stupid until faked and done by yourself

1) yes

2) sure

3) actually looking through those sites have shown in some studies with some food microwaves can be better for you due to less losses VS more traditional cooking.

4) that's a very ignorant thing to say, they have to be taken with a grain of salt but to say they are just stupid unless you can do them at home makes me think your just a very ignorant person.

BONUS

5) Don't be mad that i didn't believe in your attempt to tell me an appliance is bad and make believe im getting massive levels of cancer from it. Unlike you i actually read scientific studies from trusted sources to make and form my opinion and dont resort to just trusting google and what people tell me on the internet.

20 minutes ago, glunday said:

1) yes

2) sure

3) actually looking through those sites have shown in some studies with some food microwaves can be better for you due to less losses VS more traditional cooking.

4) that's a very ignorant thing to say, they have to be taken with a grain of salt but to say they are just stupid unless you can do them at home makes me think your just a very ignorant person.

BONUS

5) Don't be mad that i didn't believe in your attempt to tell me an appliance is bad and make believe im getting massive levels of cancer from it. Unlike you i actually read scientific studies from trusted sources to make and form my opinion and dont resort to just trusting google and what people tell me on the internet.

Don't worry pal. I'm just screwing around for the fun of it while the office clock ticks happily towards my paycheck :-)

Also:

Don't read online studies, they cause cancer!

Does lack of cancer cause cancer? Will it diffuse into my body? 

On 12/9/2016 at 4:24 AM, glunday said:

so i just got done testing this, let me preface this by saying i know that microwaves, handheld phones things like that emit 2.4 ghz. but my microwave actually JAMS my wifi when im using it, it says im connected but have no internet and i tested using my phone laptop and desktop (tested a total of 3 times per device). this is really weird. anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

WiFi runs at less than 100mW if I recall correctly. Id like to say 100mW is the top end the FCC allows. Microwaves run on a few 100s watts to over 1000 watts. Microwaves can output a hell of a lot of power. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 12/9/2016 at 10:35 AM, fpo said:

put your hot pockets in the oven. It's less likely to cause cancer. 

Actually no. Non-ionizing radiation (microwaves) cannot cause cancer since they do not interact with DNA (too large of wavelength). In fact, by cooking on a stove you have a higher chance of introducing carcinogens since burnt food (like a char from a frying pan), is carcinogenic and microwaves won't char food...

maxresdefault.jpg

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 4:43 AM, manikyath said:

here's a study: if you take away your microwave's farraday cage, it is 800 watts worth of migraines, and in the worst case eventually cancer.

If you take away the metal box that a conventional oven is made of, all you have are heating elements plugged into the wall that set your home on fire...

If you take away the insulator off of electrical wires, it causes electrical injuries and fires...

If you take away the bathtub from your bathroom, showers and baths cause massive water damage, particularly to lower floors...

I could go on.

Further more, exposure to microwaves doesn't cause cancer, the 2.4ghz range is not the rage of ionizing radiation.  Microwaves just cause burns.

9 minutes ago, pyrojoe34 said:

Actually no. Non-ionizing radiation (microwaves) cannot cause cancer since they do not interact with DNA (too large of wavelength). In fact, by cooking on a stove you have a higher chance of introducing carcinogens since burnt food (like a char from a frying pan), is carcinogenic and microwaves won't char food...

maxresdefault.jpg

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

If you take away the metal box that a conventional oven is made of, all you have are heating elements plugged into the wall that set your home on fire...

If you take away the insulator off of electrical wires, it causes electrical injuries and fires...

If you take away the bathtub from your bathroom, showers and baths cause massive water damage, particularly to lower floors...

I could go on.

Further more, exposure to microwaves doesn't cause cancer, the 2.4ghz range is not the rage of ionizing radiation.  Microwaves just cause burns.

thank you, people replying that actually have a brain and dont give into fear mongering. 

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

I could go on.

but all of those you mentioned are quite visual problems, the farraday cage on a microwave can be sub-par in a way that is not visible, but is very, very bad for you. and they actually dont cause burns, they quite literally boil the water in your body ;)

and even if the specific frequency wasnt necessarily dangerous at all, we're talking several hundred watts, compared to the <1 watt range that's deemed acceptable.

2 minutes ago, glunday said:

thank you, people replying that actually have a brain and dont give into fear mongering. 

seriously.. i'm so done with the whole 2.4GHz thing...

for as long as people like you shout and scream that everyone who is worried about 2.4GHz is some kind of tinfoil hat freak we wont have actual research on how bad it really is.

to draw a picture of how much power is in a modern microwave: mine can make the let half of a hamburger burnt to the point you cant hammer a fork in with all the will in the world while the right half is still fridge cold.

and what all of you seem to miss that i started the whole thing with an outline of what a worst case would be, and i'm sure every scientist and doctor on earth will agree with me that in that case you should toss that device as far away as you can and replace it with a new one.

but all of those you mentioned are quite visual problems, the farraday cage on a microwave can be sub-par in a way that is not visible, but is very, very bad for you. and they actually dont cause burns, they quite literally boil the water in your body ;)

and even if the specific frequency wasnt necessarily dangerous at all, we're talking several hundred watts, compared to the <1 watt range that's deemed acceptable.

No, a faraday cage really can't be sub par.  You need holes 6.25mm wide for a 2.4ghz microwave to escape the oven.  That's about a quarter of an inch.  A microwave would have to be seriously physically compromised to allow damaging microwaves to harm individuals.  We are talking about quarter inch or larger holes smashed into it or entire panels pried off. (Is this not visual enough for you?) The kind of damage that no person would say 'Eh, probably fine' and then stick their bowl of soup into it.  And then we have distance from the microwave, but I don't need to explain the Inverse Square Law to you, do I?

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

No, a faraday cage really can't be sub par.  You need holes 6.25mm wide for a 2.4ghz microwave to escape the oven.  That's about a quarter of an inch.  A microwave would have to be seriously physically compromised to allow damaging microwaves to harm individuals.  We are talking about quarter inch or larger holes smashed into it or entire panels pried off. (Is this not visual enough for you?) The kind of damage that no person would say 'Eh, probably fine' and then stick their bowl of soup into it.  And then we have distance from the microwave, but I don't need to explain the Inverse Square Law to you, do I?

you're talking to someone who knows these devices better than you do, a "quarter of an inch" hole is made faster than you'd think, and people would care less than you'd think.

a dodgy hinge making a bad seal, a dent in a ccorner in the back somewhere creating a gap.

i'm not here to say it happens often, i'm here to say it is a possiility, and it is something to be cautious about, because it's really NOT a good idea to use a device that *as i stated with my first post in this thread* will hard lock wifi enabled devices. all miroaves leak a bit of EMI, it's normal. OP's cheapo model is probably not the greatest example of a well made product, which in combination with a cheap (low power?) access point creates the effect he's having, but if you notice some actually questionable results like the access point ccimpletely jamming until you restart it iit's probably best to toss it out.

On 2016-12-09 at 4:35 AM, fpo said:

put your hot pockets in the oven. It's less likely to cause cancer. 

Jesus the amount of misinformation in this thread. Microwave radiation is non-ionizing radiation. It cannot cause cancer. That doesn't mean there are no potential health risks, but cancer isn't one of them. 

On 2016-12-09 at 4:43 AM, manikyath said:

here's a study: if you take away your microwave's farraday cage, it is 800 watts worth of migraines, and in the worst case eventually cancer.

Please stop spreading misinformation. Non-ionizing radiation (including microwave radiation) cannot cause cancer. A microwave appliance without shielding IS DANGEROUS, but not because dr of cancer. 

On 2016-12-09 at 5:20 AM, xentropa said:

The scientific reason is that microwaves is non ionizing radiation.  That means it cannot break dna molecules in cells to potentially mutate then into cancerous ones.

Ionizing radiation starts at UV.

Just read that site Truthaboutcancer and holy #%¥ my head hurts and I feel dumber.

4 milligauss linked to leukemia?????  dafaq?   gauss is a unit of magnetism.  cells arent magnetic.   The earths magnetic field  is 500 milligauss.

A whole lot of this. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 9-12-2016 at 11:20 AM, xentropa said:

i usually steer way clear about websites with similar names like that.

if i really want someone outing themselves as a health expert i'd rather ask my doctor than a website claiming they have "the truth"

--

i've found that websites like those take a statement that is true, for example "a 9 volt battery outputs 9 volts" then take a second truth like ohm's law, then a third truth wich is sticking the two prongs of an ohm meter up their ass, and then apply the whole thing wrong to conclude that licking a 9 volt battery can electrocute, and kill you. which in fact is something someone tried to tell me at some point..