Corsair Carbide Air 240 with Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+

Wolfenite

I'm building a new computer inside a Corsair Carbide air 240 case and I really want to get a RX 480, but sadly ASUS STRIX won't fit with the side panel on. So I've found another card that looks sweet, the Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB but I'm unsure if it'll fit inside a Corsair Carbide air 240 case. Some other options I have are a HIS Radeon RX 480 Roaring OC or the Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 G1 Gaming edition, I've heard really bad things about the Gigabyte RX 480 though as in overheating and throttling performance.

8 minutes ago, Wolfenite said:

I'm building a new computer inside a Corsair Carbide air 240 case and I really want to get a RX 480, but sadly ASUS STRIX won't fit with the side panel on. So I've found another card that looks sweet, the Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB but I'm unsure if it'll fit inside a Corsair Carbide air 240 case. Some other options I have are a HIS Radeon RX 480 Roaring OC or the Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 G1 Gaming edition, I've heard really bad things about the Gigabyte RX 480 though as in overheating and throttling performance.

I'm guessing the card was too long?

I use the rx480 nitro+ and its a 2 fan card, should be fine for that case imo. You can see the specs (length x width) and match it to your case, not that hard :P 

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

2 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

I'm guessing the card was too long?

I use the rx480 nitro+ and its a 2 fan card, should be fine for that case imo. You can see the specs (length x width) and match it to your case, not that hard :P 

It was actually too wide oddly enough, apparently Corsair under calculated the millimetres in length and again apparently can hold up to 320mm? I think, I can't find anywhere though max width for GPUs. The Nitro+ is roughly 7mm over the limit in length but should be fine, but I'm not sure on the width or height. 

3 minutes ago, Wolfenite said:

It was actually too wide oddly enough, apparently Corsair under calculated the millimetres in length and again apparently can hold up to 320mm? I think, I can't find anywhere though max width for GPUs. The Nitro+ is roughly 7mm over the limit in length but should be fine, but I'm not sure on the width or height. 

Asus Strix dimensions:
29.8 x 13.4 x 4 Centimeter

L x W x D

Nitro+ dimensions:

24 X 12 X 4.2 cm

L x W x D

Hmmm... from the specs i'm quite sure it will fit. After reading in some forums, the max width (taking it from the CPU cooler height) is around 12cm more or less, above it, as they said is kinda poking on the side panel.

Source: Corsair Forum

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

• 6 months later...

I'm a bit late but just posting for future reference, if someones looking through forums and had this question

but i installed the RX 480 Sapphire Nitro+ on a M-ATX build on the Corsair 240, and the length is just fine but what you should worry about is the Height/Width, mine barely fitted, i had to kinda jam it in because there's this odd metal thingie bumping out, where the securing clip thing actually clips to,  that kinda f**cked me up, i actually scratched my card a bit.

But with a little work it fits nicely.