I bought a Zotac AMP! 1060 6gb to replace my 750 ti. My Games are still lagging. Help!

hiyuii

My specs are:
CPU:i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz

Mobo:H97M-D3H
GPU: Zotac AMP! 1060 6gb
Memory: 8gb (Gskills ripjaw 2x4gb)

i don't know what is causing it to be slow. for example the witcher 3, i can play it smoothly when i was using my 750ti but when i switched to 1060 the cinematics were slow and you can see the lag.
almost all in the forums they say that it should be fine and should not be a bottleneck issue. so what could be the cause of the lag? I am so disappointed i really need help.

Did you use DDU?

Your i5 4460 is not that old CPU and should be just fine paired with your new GTX 1060.

I would uninstall drivers with DDU and try to reinstall them after system reboot. If that doesn't help I would even format PC and make clean windows install. If that still doesn't help, there it something wrong for sure.

Did you check your temps on CPU and GPU maybe?

Also try to monitor your CPU and GPU usage.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset 

2 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Did you use DDU?

Your i5 4460 is not that old CPU and should be just fine paired with your new GTX 1060.

I would uninstall drivers with DDU and try to reinstall them after system reboot. If that doesn't help I would even format PC and make clean windows install. If that still doesn't help, there it something wrong for sure.

Did you check your temps on CPU and GPU maybe?

Also try to monitor your CPU and GPU usage.

ohhhhhh, I haven't tried DDU yet. I thought updating the driver through Geforce exp was enough,.I think i would try that first then update all the drivers. if all else fails, format the PC. Thank you i would try all those and get back to you. thanks!

16 minutes ago, hiyuii said:

ohhhhhh, I haven't tried DDU yet. I thought updating the driver through Geforce exp was enough,.I think i would try that first then update all the drivers. if all else fails, format the PC. Thank you i would try all those and get back to you. thanks!

you're supposed to uninstall the drivers before you install the new graphics card, than install new drivers after you install it. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

7 hours ago, herman mcpootis said:

you're supposed to uninstall the drivers before you install the new graphics card, than install new drivers after you install it. 

This

CPU: AMD 7800X3D  | GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2080 Advanced | RAM: 32GB 6000MHz CL30 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F

PSU: Corsair RX750 | OS: Windows 11 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches)