GTX 1060 Palit vs EVGA

HadesLV

So, I am intending on buying a GTX 1060 to replace my GTX 950 soon, and I have tracked down two good GTX 1060 custom cooler cards and both for the same price of 289 euros too(on sale in different internet shops). One is the EVGA Super Clocked Gaming 6G and the other is the Palit Super JetStream 6G. Now pure specs wise as I understand the Palit one has slightly higher base and boost clocks of 1620 and 1847 respectively, as opposed to the EVGA card's 1607 and 1835, whereas in memory frequency the EVGA card has a slightly higher 8008 as opposed to the Palit's 8000. In addition to this, obviously the Palit card also has dual fans as opposed to the single of the EVGA card, and something that is irrelevant to performance but that I none the less enjoy is the Palit has a nice RGB sign, which I can enjoy because I am special and enjoy bright coloured lights.

Can anyone give me any reason to not pick the Palit card, other than obviously EVGA being a very sexy brand name, but then the Palit name is going to be in shiny RGB colours, so who can say which is better.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3X

Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX

RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) Kingston HyperX Fury Black RGB 3200MHz

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 650W

Case: NZXT H440

SSD: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot Drive); 1TB Samsung 970 EVO (Primary Game Drive). 1,5TB total SSD storage.

HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM; 4TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM. 7TB total HDD storage.

Go for Palit. 

The only reason to go with another card would be for customer service (you might want to read the fine print, I can't tell you which brand is better)...if you care about that.

I always chose a company with good customer service, because you never know what could happen to your components. I would go with EVGA for sure.

3 minutes ago, RektSkrubs said:

I always chose a company with good customer service, because you never know what could happen to your components. I would go with EVGA for sure.

Is Palit known to have bad customer service though? I googled it and I got a bunch of positive forum posts about their customer service.

SSD: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot Drive); 1TB Samsung 970 EVO (Primary Game Drive). 1,5TB total SSD storage.

HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM; 4TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM. 7TB total HDD storage.

I don't actually know anyone who owns a Palit card but apparently they are sold under different brand names around the world.

I have a single fan on my 3GB EVGA gaming and it is noisy when the fan switches on and off around 60C. I had to change the fan curve so it never turns off. I don't know what else I can tell you about a single fan GPU other than I think they are made for small cases and you might get less noise with 2 fans

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I don't actually know anyone who owns a Palit card but apparently they are sold under different brand names around the world.

I have a single fan on my 3GB EVGA gaming and it is noisy when the fan switches on and off around 60C. I had to change the fan curve so it never turns off. I don't know what else I can tell you about a single fan GPU other than I think they are made for small cases and you might get less noise with 2 fans

Yeah, as I understand Palit, Pny and Gainward are all owned by the same company. And yes, that is another point that I considered, because my current rig is pretty loud and anything that takes a bit of noise away is definitely welcome.

3 minutes ago, HadesLV said:

Yeah, as I understand Palit, Pny and Gainward are all owned by the same company. And yes, that is another point that I considered, because my current rig is pretty loud and anything that takes a bit of noise away is definitely welcome.

the single fan is not noisy when gaming, only when it flicks on and off around 60C. I guess I dont hear it over the case fans which are all PWM controlled

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

12 hours ago, HadesLV said:

So, I am intending on buying a GTX 1060 to replace my GTX 950 soon, and I have tracked down two good GTX 1060 custom cooler cards and both for the same price of 289 euros too(on sale in different internet shops). One is the EVGA Super Clocked Gaming 6G and the other is the Palit Super JetStream 6G. Now pure specs wise as I understand the Palit one has slightly higher base and boost clocks of 1620 and 1847 respectively, as opposed to the EVGA card's 1607 and 1835, whereas in memory frequency the EVGA card has a slightly higher 8008 as opposed to the Palit's 8000. In addition to this, obviously the Palit card also has dual fans as opposed to the single of the EVGA card, and something that is irrelevant to performance but that I none the less enjoy is the Palit has a nice RGB sign, which I can enjoy because I am special and enjoy bright coloured lights.

Can anyone give me any reason to not pick the Palit card, other than obviously EVGA being a very sexy brand name, but then the Palit name is going to be in shiny RGB colours, so who can say which is better.

Im assuming you are from europe so go with the palit card. Many people don't realize EVGA's amazing customer service only applies to america and not in europe.

39 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

Im assuming you are from europe so go with the palit card. Many people don't realize EVGA's amazing customer service only applies to america and not in europe.

Aha, I was wondering about that. Palit is definitely closer to home and I've read some good things about their customer service so I am definitely leaning heavily towards the Palit card now.

Don't no why but palit is considered the happy shopper brand in the U.K. 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933