Dell PDU AP6031 5T439 Questions

Hi, Just bought a new server from this guy in my home town. It has 12 Dell PDU Units. I was thinking about using some of these PDU's for future projects. The issue, I have is each of these units has a different plug.That, I can't use. I was wondering, If anyone had any idea. How to use this in a home surrounding with regular US outlets? I was thinking about using dual power cord. That would plug into the 2 outlets. Regulating the power consumption, Note: only bought one of these servers. 

Dell PDU.jpg

Server Rack.jpg

This has a l6-30 plug, so you need a 240 volg outplet to use it. Most houses have these, there just only used for ovens and dryers. You would need a electrian to run the cable, normally about 500-1000 bucks.

You can get adapters from iec 60320 I outlets to the c13 on the servers easily. 

My first question would be what are you thinking of running off of it.

From the info I can find it's rated for 24A at 200-240V. If you are in the US, you will be on 110V I believe (I may be wrong though), so firstly I would check compatibility with your home supply. 

If your hose supply is rated in the 200-240 range then you are all good, otherwise your going to have to look at getting hold of some sort of transformer. 

Once you have all that sorted, you then have the issue of the max power draw of 24A. I'm from the UK, so over here our sockets are rated for 13A so that's nearly double the rated draw that a standard household socket could sustain. You may find that the ring main is capable of a lot more, again in the UK they are rated at 30A, but you would need a socket rated at what your going to draw from the wall.

I hope that helps a little.

1 hour ago, Pample said:

My first question would be what are you thinking of running off of it.

From the info I can find it's rated for 24A at 200-240V. If you are in the US, you will be on 110V I believe (I may be wrong though), so firstly I would check compatibility with your home supply. 

If your hose supply is rated in the 200-240 range then you are all good, otherwise your going to have to look at getting hold of some sort of transformer. 

Once you have all that sorted, you then have the issue of the max power draw of 24A. I'm from the UK, so over here our sockets are rated for 13A so that's nearly double the rated draw that a standard household socket could sustain. You may find that the ring main is capable of a lot more, again in the UK they are rated at 30A, but you would need a socket rated at what your going to draw from the wall.

I hope that helps a little.

Kind of I am going to ask my brother. Who's a electrician if that's possible.