G4ME ONE vs Cloud 2 vs HD 598

OneSaltyDog

Im looking for a pair of sub $200 headphones/headset for competetive gaming (csgo), music, and movies. I think I have narrowed it down to

the sennheiser game one, the hyperx cloud 2, and the hd 598s. Of the three (or any other suggetions), which would be the most comfortable, best for hearing footsteps, and for overall game immersion?

I am currently using a Logitech G430 with the included usb sound card and it is quite shotty, so looking for an upgrade.

Thanks for any help

GAME ONE. If you don't need a quality boom mic, get the HD 598s 

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

Im very biased towards the Cloud 2's. Super comfy and theyre not audiophile headphones, but sound pretty good. (As long as you don't use the dongle) and mic sounds good for a headset.

If you just need headphones definitely go with the 598's 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Shiv78 said:

GAME ONE. If you don't need a quality boom mic, get the HD 598s 

Do the game ones sound the same as the 598s? If so would it be better to just find the 

598s on sale for $100 and buy a snowball for $50?

hd 598 beat any of that in terms of sound quality by such a huge margin, atleast if you mean the open backed ones. 

I'm using a pair of Hyperx Cloud Stingers at the moment, the cheaper version of the Cloud 2's I believe. Even this headset is really good for immersion and footsteps though i've only tested that on cs:go. Music wise the bass is a bit meh, not as much as i'd like, but i like to feel my head shaking(not literally) when i have them on full volume and i don't think many headsets can do that.

If the stingers are anything to go buy, the cloud 2's should be damn good at nearly double the price :P 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

If you want open back, go 558's. And if you need a mic, get a modmic. Sounds better than the open Senny headsets and give you the option to remove the mic when you don't need it.

If you want closed get the Cloud Core [not the II's unless you want better mic quality]

The first clouds are cheaper, and only difference is a somewhat better microphone, a shitty USB soundcard, and additional velour pads. Sound is identical.

You can get the first clouds and some HM5 pleather or velour pads for the same price, and end up with a comfier headphone than the II's.

Don't tread on me. I squish, and white liquid comes out. It's icky, trust me.

I bought an HD598 from Amazon Italy for 90 euro plus shipping. Great deal, they're usually over 150 euros there. if you're from the US, you'll find a cheaper (though used) one on the US Amazon website.