chances of ~11 year old PSU with over 90k hours uptime burning down the house?

NoCarrier

So I have an ancient antec 400watt early 80 plus PSU that has been running non stop 24/7 since early 2006 in a server. 

OK i lied.  I powered it down twice for about 2 hours each time when it outlived two motherboards/cpu upgrade cycles.  

It doesn't smoke, it doesn't make any funny noises.  the fan bearings are STILL GOOD.    But it's logged 90k+ hours of operation.

1.  Should I keep using it and see if I can set some kind of petty world record?  Or will it catch fire and burn down the house the one night i go to sleep with headphones on?

2.  Should I count my blessings and retire it?  If so,   a) how should I retire it and b) why should the answer to a) be small arms fire?

I'm not an expert! In fact I'm usually just 1 google search ahead of you. 

As long as there's not a lot of dust in it, chances are rather low. Still wouldn't be a bad idea to replace it though.

1 minute ago, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

As long as there's not a lot of dust in it, chances are rather low. Still wouldn't be a bad idea to replace it though.

No dust, and upon inspection none of the caps are leaking either. 

I'd retire it regardless, and get a modular PSU that has a good setup for SATA power.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I am guessing it is an Earthwatt EA380 or EA430, they are both fine, I am using an EA380 because it is still a good PSU (and I haven't bought my new PSU yet) 

If its a brand name psu then there is little to no chance. If its a cheap fucking crappy shitty ass psu then theres a slightly more chance.

6 minutes ago, NoCarrier said:

No dust, and upon inspection none of the caps are leaking either. 

than chances are really low, especially if its earthed. are non of the caps bulging either? you should get a multimeter and check every voltage line for iregularitys, thats a good indicator of how good it still is.

I wouldn't risk my house for a $60 component. You can easily get a new gold rated 400w PSU for $60 or less. Maybe the chances of it catching fire are extremely low. But how much is your piece of mind worth? 

13 minutes ago, Clunker said:

I wouldn't risk my house for a $60 component. You can easily get a new gold rated 400w PSU for $60 or less. Maybe the chances of it catching fire are extremely low. But how much is your piece of mind worth? 

Oh I've got several new seasonic PSUs sitting in the closet.   It's like putting your favorite dog to sleep. You wonder, is it time yet??