New PC build

huehue
2 minutes ago, huehue said:

My current pc is the  ASUS ROG Rampage V extreme, gtx 680, 64gb Adata 2400mhz ram, 7 120gb ssd raid 0, blackhawk ATX rosewell case and a 3930k with an h100i.

My recommendation would just be to spend the 600 bucks you want on a whole new computer, and put it towards solely a GPU. everything else in your computer will beat anything you could buy for 400 bucks new today. get the biggest baddest 600 dollar GPU you can get, or save some money and get a 1070. swapping out that 680 for a 1070 will make your rig feel like the high powered gaming rig it is trying to be. your CPU is a bit older, but CPU horsepower hasn't made a lot of difference in most games for a very long time, and an 3930k is going to be significantly better than a G4400 or skylake i3. RAM is RAM. DDR3 vs DDR4 is going to make almost no difference, especially considering you have very fast RAM as it is.

3 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

My recommendation would just be to spend the 600 bucks you want on a whole new computer, and put it towards solely a GPU. everything else in your computer will beat anything you could buy for 400 bucks new today. get the biggest baddest 600 dollar GPU you can get, or save some money and get a 1070. swapping out that 680 for a 1070 will make your rig feel like the high powered gaming rig it is trying to be. your CPU is a bit older, but CPU horsepower hasn't made a lot of difference in most games for a very long time, and an 3930k is going to be significantly better than a G4400 or skylake i3. RAM is RAM. DDR3 vs DDR4 is going to make almost no difference, especially considering you have very fast RAM as it is.

I would hope my CPU can still keep up, I OC'd it too 4.7, but for what I use it for, it doesnt matter. What Im trying to do is build a totally new budget pc, more for the LAN aspect. to MITX and Matx is preferred. I should have stated that.

7 minutes ago, huehue said:

I would hope my CPU can still keep up, I OC'd it too 4.7, but for what I use it for, it doesnt matter. What Im trying to do is build a totally new budget pc, more for the LAN aspect. to MITX and Matx is preferred. I should have stated that.

the original build i recommended is about the best you can get for 550 bucks and is MATX. if you're willing to stretch that budget a bit you could get an RX480 4GB instead of the 470 for just under 600 (see Dexter's build). if you really need that blower style fan, find a blower style GPU you can afford. But don't try gaming on the G4400 if you can avoid it. It will be totally fine for some games, but newer games and more CPU intensive games will be horrible. If you want more performance or aesthetic options than the builds we've recommended, then you're going to need a bigger budget.

GL with the build.