Amazon.de cancels nvme ssd Black Friday deal after 14 days and calls it as price mistake

LastZombie

I don't know if this is very related but i thought it was juicy news since amazon.de possibly cancelled thousands of orders on this product. This was on black friday (time zone differance i live in Turkey). Ordered a couple of these and after 14 days it gets cancelled and they can't do anything. Price now is and was 235€ and it dropped to 67.59 on that day.  Have plenty of people that has proof of this other than me. If wanted i can provide more. I will add the ss of my order  and the confirmation mail with the order number. I bought 4 as 4 orders due to custom things here. Yeah the ss is in Turkish but what can i do :D

Here is the mail i got today in german :

Guten Tag,

wir haben eine wichtige Information zu Ihrer aktuellen Bestellung 306-0400326-1130761
306-3015707-6925958
306-1554381-1810768
306-8745018-1533163.

Sie hatten bei uns folgende(n) Artikel bestellt:

ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 3D NAND 1000MB/s Lesen rasend schnell Solid State Drive für Ultrabooks, Gaming Notebooks, und Desktop-PCs (ASX8000NP-512GM-C)

Der Artikel wurde von uns auf der Website irrtümlich mit einem falschen Preis ausgezeichnet. Wir mussten ihn daher aus Ihrer Bestellung stornieren. Selbstverständlich wird er Ihnen nicht in Rechnung gestellt.

Wir bitten um Ihr Verständnis - vielleicht haben Sie sich ja schon selbst über den ungewöhnlichen Preis gewundert.

Laut unseren AGB kommt der Kaufvertrag über ein Produkt immer erst mit Absenden der Versandbestätigungs-E-Mail zustande. Hilfsweise erklären wir jedoch die Anfechtung wegen Irrtums.

Bitte entschuldigen Sie den Fehler, den wir mittlerweile korrigiert haben.

Wir danken für Ihr Verständnis.

(Dies ist eine automatisch versendete E-Mail. Bitte antworten Sie nicht auf dieses Schreiben, da die E-Mail-Adresse nur zum Versenden, nicht aber zum Empfang von E-Mails eingerichtet ist.)

Freundliche Grüße

Kundenservice Amazon.de
http://www.amazon.de
==============================
English translation by google translate ( i don't know German ) 

ood day,

We have important information about your current order 306-0400326-1130761
306-3015707-6925958
306-1554381-1810768
306-8745018-1533163.

You ordered the following articles:

ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 3D NAND 1000MB / s Read fast fast solid state drive for ultrabooks, gaming notebooks, and desktops (ASX8000NP-512GM-C)

The article has been mistakenly awarded with a wrong price by us on the website. We had to cancel it from your order. Of course he will not be billed to you.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

According to our GTC, the purchase contract for a product always comes into being with the sending of the shipping confirmation e-mail. However, we may declare the temptation for error.

Please excuse the mistake we have corrected.

Thank you for your understanding.

(This is an automatically sent e-mail, please do not reply to this letter because the e-mail address is only for sending, but not for receiving e-mails.)

regards

Customer Service Amazon.com
Http://www.amazon.de

e892c16cdc984434a66413e544eed044.png

Screenshot_3.png

I thought companies have had these pricing errors before and had to honor them anyways.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Just now, Bensemus said:

I thought companies have had these pricing errors before and had to honor them anyways.

Not at all.  They often do to keep customers happy, but there is no requirement to do so due to an error.

So after you buy the item and get the confirmation mail can they still do this? And if they can this means they can cancel any order as they please and in this situation even 14 days after. If it happened after a couple of hours or maybe even days i would agree and wouldn't even mention it but 2 weeks is a lot of time. Due to this i missed all the other ssd sales. This feels like "oh my god so many orders on this at such discounted price we can't do this. Lets just cancel all. That will solve the problem"  kind of situation:D

14 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Not at all.  They often do to keep customers happy, but there is no requirement to do so due to an error.

Depends on the country. Here in Sweden you're legally forced to carry out the order at the wrong pricing. This even applies to sending out a business offer with the wrong pricing unless you contact the customer and correct the pricing within like 15 minutes.

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU

Hope someone in Finland ordered that too, because our law states that if some product is mispriced and a customer makes a decision on that price the vendor must sell the product on that price to the customer (like if there's different price in the shelf and in the cashregister system and the shelf price is lower the vendor must sell the product at that price). Same goes to advertising, if there has been misprint or other error and there's wrong price in ad, the vendor must sell at that price at least until the adverticed sale ends or the price is corrected through same means as the original ad was made. Also TOSes aren't that binding here, at least if they aren't in the same line with the law, so if we presume someone in Finland bought that SSD at that price and he/she takes it to the consumer protection and Amazon was to reply with TOS-card, Amazon would loose and would be forced to sell the SSD at the stated price. This could possibly start some kind of snowball effect (at least in EU) and Amazon would need to be a man and take the hit.

3 minutes ago, steffeeh said:

Depends on the country. Here in Sweden you're legally forced to carry out the order at the wrong pricing. This even applies to sending out a business offer with the wrong pricing unless you contact the customer and correct the pricing within like 15 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Thaldor said:

Hope someone in Finland ordered that too, because our law states that if some product is mispriced and a customer makes a decision on that price the vendor must sell the product on that price to the customer (like if there's different price in the shelf and in the cashregister system and the shelf price is lower the vendor must sell the product at that price). Same goes to advertising, if there has been misprint or other error and there's wrong price in ad, the vendor must sell at that price at least until the adverticed sale ends or the price is corrected through same means as the original ad was made. Also TOSes aren't that binding here, at least if they aren't in the same line with the law, so if we presume someone in Finland bought that SSD at that price and he/she takes it to the consumer protection and Amazon was to reply with TOS-card, Amazon would loose and would be forced to sell the SSD at the stated price. This could possibly start some kind of snowball effect (at least in EU) and Amazon would need to be a man and take the hit.

A lot of people believe this stuff in the US as well, but it boils down to the intent of the seller.  If it was an accident, there is generally nothing the consumer can do as the law in almost every state requires intent to deceive.

7 minutes ago, Thaldor said:

I hope something like that happens. I think we have a similar law on pricing too but we are not an EU country. I do think I should have some rights on this. At least a discount on other ssd products or something cause this is like false advertising.

11 minutes ago, LastZombie said:

I hope something like that happens. I think we have a similar law on pricing too but we are not an EU country. I do think I should have some rights on this. At least a discount on other ssd products or something cause this is like false advertising.

Start digging in the books and see if you can take on Amazon.  It would be great to see you get the SSDs at the listed price, but I don't think it'll happen.  Good luck.

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

A lot of people believe this stuff in the US as well, but it boils down to the intent of the seller.  If it was an accident, there is generally nothing the consumer can do as the law in almost every state requires intent to deceive.

At least here there has been quite a lot court rulings on the matter (as a matter enough that it was put in the law) and there's no mention about pricing being accidental or not. IIRC only exception is if the pricing is way too good to be true (like a new car which should be ~20 000€ advertised with price of 200€) and it really needs to be noticeable and common sense that the product can't be that cheap. With given prices of 279€ and ~68€ it isn't that huge price difference that it would be ruled under being common sense to know that the price cannot be that cheap (IIRC there was ~10 years or so ago a case where some company advertised some car tires that were supposed to be priced ~200€ piece and they were advertised as 20€ piece and the vendor was forced to sell the tires at the advertised price even through that was clearly accidental mispricing, although people who got the tires at the ad price were those who paid the real price for them and were after the court ruling compensated for the "overprice" they paid).

22 minutes ago, steffeeh said:

Same in Norway. I believe it was Komplett who were forced to sell laptops for 1600 NOK when they meant to price them at 16000. Over 80 orders for them were made, that's got to hurt.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Start digging in the books and see if you can take on Amazon.  It would be great to see you get the SSDs at the listed price, but I don't think it'll happen.  Good luck.

Actually i don't mind not getting the ssd's. Yeah it would have been great to buy them on such a price but meh whatever not a life and death situation. I am more interested in the part where they do this to thousands of orders ^^

I'd be surprised if Germany doesn't has similar consumer protection laws to the cited northen countries here. Bottom line is outside of a shithole for comsumers like the US, companies should be compelled to honor advertised prices, no matter the mistakes.

We forced Dell to do so selling 2k laptops for 30 USD, why can't Germany do at least as good as Mexico then?

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Thaldor said:

At least here there has been quite a lot court rulings on the matter (as a matter enough that it was put in the law) and there's no mention about pricing being accidental or not. IIRC only exception is if the pricing is way too good to be true (like a new car which should be ~20 000€ advertised with price of 200€) and it really needs to be noticeable and common sense that the product can't be that cheap. With given prices of 279€ and ~68€ it isn't that huge price difference that it would be ruled under being common sense to know that the price cannot be that cheap (IIRC there was ~10 years or so ago a case where some company advertised some car tires that were supposed to be priced ~200€ piece and they were advertised as 20€ piece and the vendor was forced to sell the tires at the advertised price even through that was clearly accidental mispricing, although people who got the tires at the ad price were those who paid the real price for them and were after the court ruling compensated for the "overprice" they paid).

That's a 76% difference.  Huge if you ask me.

I was just reading through the Consumer Protection Act for Finland.  Can you better point me to where it outlines a vendors requirement to sell at a listed price regardless of intent?  This stuff is interesting to me because it differs so much from what we experience here in the states.

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I'd be surprised if Germany doesn't has similar consumer protection laws to the cited northen countries here. Bottom line is outside of a shithole for comsumers like the US, companies should be compelled to honor advertised prices, no matter the mistakes.

We forced Dell to do so selling 2k laptops for 30 USD, why can't Germany do at least as good as Mexico then?

I agree.  You guys pay so much for stuff that the least they could do is honor the deals that you find!!

wtf

I thought that the SX8000 wasn't available in Europe yet

Looks like it's only missing in Italy. Thanks ADATA.

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

8 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I agree.  You guys pay so much for stuff that the least they could do is honor the deals that you find!!

Don't like it? Don't fuck up your pricing like a retard.

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

You guys need a Micro Center.  :D

No way

We only want overpriced stuff here in the old continent

Interesting, the google translator seems to have completely changed a sentence. This:

1 hour ago, LastZombie said:

Wir bitten um Ihr Verständnis - vielleicht haben Sie sich ja schon selbst über den ungewöhnlichen Preis gewundert.

is absolutely not this:

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

even though the end meaning is similar.

What it actually says is "we hope you'll understand - you may have been surprised by the unusual price yourself." (with adaptations to make it readable in English).

It has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but it's curious GT would make such a substitution on its own.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Interesting, the google translator seems to have completely changed a sentence. This:

is absolutely not this:

even though the end meaning is similar.

What it actually says is "we hope you'll understand - you may have been surprised by the unusual price yourself." (with adaptations to make it readable in English).

It has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but it's curious GT would make such a substitution on its own.

yeah i have been surprised on such a good deal i got on black Friday xD thanks for the better translation.

24 minutes ago, Agost said:

wtf

I thought that the SX8000 wasn't available in Europe yet

Looks like it's only missing in Italy. Thanks ADATA.

I feel your pain :P accidenti a loro

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I feel your pain :P accidenti a loro

sti disgraziati