Which hard drives support PS4 Pro?

Andrew Waples

I've been thinking about upgrading to the Pro by the time Horizon Zero Dawn comes out. At that point, I'll have enough for a decent 4k tv as well. I've also been thinking about upgrading to a 2tb or SSD drive. However, i'm not sure what the pro supports or what to look for in that 

Pretty sure its 2.5" drives. Not %100 on that. But pretty sure because austin evans put an SSD in his :D

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Pretty sure PS4 does not discriminate on drives, its not an Apple

That's a really idiot thing to say.  I can tell you based on personal experience with many Apple computers that the brand doesn't matter. 

1 minute ago, TheBestUserName said:

That's a really idiot thing to say.  I can tell you based on personal experience with many Apple computers that the brand doesn't matter. 

Apple is picky with hardware. They put measures in place so that you cannot upgrade. Use the word idiot with cation.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 hours ago, Andrew Waples said:

I've been thinking about upgrading to the Pro by the time Horizon Zero Dawn comes out. At that point, I'll have enough for a decent 4k tv as well. I've also been thinking about upgrading to a 2tb or SSD drive. However, i'm not sure what the pro supports or what to look for in that 

Any 2.5" drive will do, but it may not be worth getting an SSD, especially for games you purchased physically.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ps4-hard-drive-upgrade,3695-3.html

http://ps4daily.com/2013/11/ps4-ssd-upgrade/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-is-it-worth-upgrading-your-ps4-with-an-ssd

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Hard_Drive_Speed_Test_Comparison

Basically, it's more economical to get a 7200 RPM drive or an SSHD. Especially considering the PS4 Pro comes with a 1TB drive, you're dumping at least $250 on a decent SSD to match the space.

2 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Apple is picky with hardware. They put measures in place so that you cannot upgrade.

Trust me, I'm well aware of what can and cannot be upgraded in Apple computers. 

2 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Use the word idiot with cation.

Right.  Uh huh.  

57 minutes ago, TheBestUserName said:

Trust me, I'm well aware of what can and cannot be upgraded in Apple computers. 

Right.  Uh huh.  

Think he saying that you should be careful with that as it could be considered an insult and a admin may give you a timeout or ban as it goes against community standards.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

29 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

Think he saying that you should be careful with that as it could be considered an insult and a admin may give you a timeout or ban as it goes against community standards.

I don't care what his intentions were. And if that was his intention, then he should read more carefully because my phrasing was not calling any one an idiot.  Smart people and idiots can both say idiot things.  

Oversentivity and the expectations that feelings should never be hurt is what gives Reddit an edge over this forum.  

15 hours ago, TheBestUserName said:

I don't care what his intentions were. And if that was his intention, then he should read more carefully because my phrasing was not calling any one an idiot.  Smart people and idiots can both say idiot things.  

Oversentivity and the expectations that feelings should never be hurt is what gives Reddit an edge over this forum.  

You could've omitted the first sentence and gotten your point across the same.