New gaming monitor help

T3ran0va

Hello,
I would like to buy a monitor mainly for gaming (bf1,csgo,smite). Unfortunately i dont want to spend money for a 144hz monitor and some people suggest me to buy the LG 23MP68VQ-P that has freesync mode which i need. 

But as far as i read in forums the lg monitor appears to have some problems when the freesync mode is enabled so im starting to consider to get another monitor.

I would like someone to suggest me a monitor with tops 200euros that can go above 60fps at best. Also i would love the monitor to be no bigger than 24inches. i'd prefer asus samsung or lg monitors
My gpu is the r9 380
Cpu i7 3770

8gb ram
Thank you

4 minutes ago, T3ran0va said:

Hello,
I would like to buy a monitor mainly for gaming (bf1,csgo,smite). Unfortunately i dont want to spend money for a 144hz monitor and some people suggest me to buy the LG 23MP68VQ-P that has freesync mode which i need. 

But as far as i read in forums the lg monitor appears to have some problems when the freesync mode is enabled so im starting to consider to get another monitor.

I would like someone to suggest me a monitor with tops 200euros that can go above 60fps at best. Also i would love the monitor to be no bigger than 24inches. i'd prefer asus samsung or lg monitors
My gpu is the r9 380
Cpu i7 3770

8gb ram
Thank you

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/GbNp99/benq-monitor-xl2411z

20 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

Kinda off topic, but just curious what rank are you in smite?

I just play casual since open beta i tried for a bit ranked joust but not anymore. Im considering starting again now beginning new season. How about u?

Just now, T3ran0va said:

I just play casual since open beta i tried for a bit ranked joust but not anymore. Im considering starting again now beginning new season. How about u?

Season 4 wont be out for awhile... I am sitting around the platinum 3-4 range. Its really difficult to get out because some games your team will have people right under pro level then you will have someone who got some wins out of gold and doesnt even know how to build. Its pretty bad, not as bad as gold though. 

40 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Probably the best you can get for that budget:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/CMCrxr/asus-vg245h-240-75hz-monitor-vg245h

Lots of people speak of tn panels to be worse than ips which is the lg one im talking about and also can i overclock the asus monitor at 100hz or something? Cause i can spend less for the lg one and make it up to 75hz. Im also new to all this monitor market and i dont know much. Thank u

5 minutes ago, T3ran0va said:

Lots of people speak of tn panels to be worse than ips which is the lg one im talking about and also can i overclock the asus monitor at 100hz or something? Cause i can spend less for the lg one and make it up to 75hz. Im also new to all this monitor market and i dont know much. Thank u

Here are the differences between IPS and TN:

Spoiler

IPS (In-Plane Switching) was created to address the shortcomings of TN panels. IPS panels seek to solve TN panels’ issues of poor color reproduction and viewing angles. In this regard, IPS panels have largely succeed. Not only do they offer a higher contrast ratio (superior blacks), high color accuracy (which leads to IPS panels also generally looking less “washed out”), but IPS panels also have very little color shift when changing the viewing angles.

The tradeoff to this is that IPS panels have slower response times, higher production costs, higher power consumption, and lower possible refresh rates. IPS panels have traditionally been 60Hz, although, as with all monitors, they can be overclocked (results will vary). There have been improvements to IPS panels over the years, and slightly different revisions in the form of E-IPS and H-IPS, but ultimately the differences between these versions are inconsequential to gamers and those not involved in graphic design as a job.

Due to their worse response rates and lower possible refresh rates, IPS panels are generally considered to be worse for competitive gameplay and used more often when color is important, such as graphic design. For gamers who don’t play competitively and prefer breathtaking strolls in Skyrim instead of sweeping scrubs in CS:GO, an IPS panel should be a consideration for the next monitor.

The ASUS is only rated for 75hz so it probably won't get too much further past 75 or 80hz. I would guess that the LG won't get past 70hz, which isn't bad and if that's all you want then that works too. I recommended the ASUS mostly because it will have better image quality than the LG

26 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Here are the differences between IPS and TN:

Reveal hidden contents

IPS (In-Plane Switching) was created to address the shortcomings of TN panels. IPS panels seek to solve TN panels’ issues of poor color reproduction and viewing angles. In this regard, IPS panels have largely succeed. Not only do they offer a higher contrast ratio (superior blacks), high color accuracy (which leads to IPS panels also generally looking less “washed out”), but IPS panels also have very little color shift when changing the viewing angles.

The tradeoff to this is that IPS panels have slower response times, higher production costs, higher power consumption, and lower possible refresh rates. IPS panels have traditionally been 60Hz, although, as with all monitors, they can be overclocked (results will vary). There have been improvements to IPS panels over the years, and slightly different revisions in the form of E-IPS and H-IPS, but ultimately the differences between these versions are inconsequential to gamers and those not involved in graphic design as a job.

Due to their worse response rates and lower possible refresh rates, IPS panels are generally considered to be worse for competitive gameplay and used more often when color is important, such as graphic design. For gamers who don’t play competitively and prefer breathtaking strolls in Skyrim instead of sweeping scrubs in CS:GO, an IPS panel should be a consideration for the next monitor.

The ASUS is only rated for 75hz so it probably won't get too much further past 75 or 80hz. I would guess that the LG won't get past 70hz, which isn't bad and if that's all you want then that works too. I recommended the ASUS mostly because it will have better image quality than the LG

I see. I would love to get as much smoothness as possible with pretty screen but i guess i cant have it all. Thank you for the detailed answer. I will seek reviews online for the asus one