Dual 1080p

Go to solution Solved by Krik00,
Just now, obi-fade-kenobi said:

Alright, thanks! 

Now to ponder whether it's worth the £80 for me personally 

As I said, just to finalize this question:

If you are a multitasker, and to stuff in MS Office with the help of internet, watch YT in the background - amazing.

If you are gamer and just want to game - waste of money.

Personally, I could not imagine having one monitor nowadays. :)

Funnily enough no experience with multiple monitor setups, so forgive the noobness. 

I currently have an LG 23EA63V-P, and it's served me well for about 3-4 years now. Only thing is, they're discontinued, so you can only occasionally find them popping up on eBay. Anyway, one popped up on eBay just now for a fairly reasonable price and can't decide if i want to spend the £80 on it and go dual monitors or not. 

I don't intend to game across the two. The only time I would really be using both of them is having each dedicated to certain applications; i.e. having one used for Chrome, another used for MS Word and such. 

So, seeing as though I've never had the chance to play with it before, how friendly is Windows when it comes to achieving ^^. To reiterate; don't intend on gaming across both, intend to have different applications open on each monitor.

3 minutes ago, obi-fade-kenobi said:

Funnily enough no experience with multiple monitor setups, so forgive the noobness. 

I currently have an LG 23EA63V-P, and it's served me well for about 3-4 years now. Only thing is, they're discontinued, so you can only occasionally find them popping up on eBay. Anyway, one popped up on eBay just now for a fairly reasonable price and can't decide if i want to spend the £80 on it and go dual monitors or not. 

I don't intend to game across the two. The only time I would really be using both of them is having each dedicated to certain applications; i.e. having one used for Chrome, another used for MS Word and such. 

So, seeing as though I've never had the chance to play with it before, how friendly is Windows when it comes to achieving ^^. To reiterate; don't intend on gaming across both, intend to have different applications open on each monitor.

How much did you pay for the one you have. If it's under £110 its not really worth it.

PC Specs:

Core I5 4690K CPU
Gigabyte GTX 960 windforce 4GB GDDR5 GPU
Corsair 100R case
Seasonic 620W S12-II PSU
Kingston SSDNow 120GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB HDD
Asrock H97 Pro4 motherboard
8GB panram DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit

I've loved windows on two displays. I use my laptop as my desktop, and use its display along with a 32" VIZIO hdtv. I use it just as you said, in windows extension mode. 

Was I helpful? Accept my answer or agree / mark me as informative!

Quote me, or I probably won't notice you responded to me!

Only Constructive Criticism is taken into consideration. 

3 minutes ago, Clubconsoles said:

How much did you pay for the one you have. If it's under £110 its not really worth it.

£130 several years ago - the point being, If i were to ever have more than one monitor, they all need to be the same - OCD ya know - and you can't find them new anywhere anymore. Only option is used, and you get about 1 on eBay each month.

2 minutes ago, azb_ said:

I've loved windows on two displays. I use my laptop as my desktop, and use its display along with a 32" VIZIO hdtv. I use it just as you said, in windows extension mode. 

How does it handle things when you run a game? Just run off one monitor and as you usually would tab out to get into something else, if you know what i mean....

If you are a multitasker, or you want to watch YT videos every time, when you are doing something on pc, or even for making Word/Powerpoint/Excel documents it is amazing, as you do not have to switch windows every now and then to go on internet.

Highly recommended.

£130 several years ago - the point being, If i were to ever have more than one monitor, they all need to be the same - OCD ya know 

How does it handle things when you run a game? Just run off one monitor as you usually would tab out to get into something else, if you know what i mean....

How good is the condition? If its in very good condition and has cheap postage I would get it.

PC Specs:

Core I5 4690K CPU
Gigabyte GTX 960 windforce 4GB GDDR5 GPU
Corsair 100R case
Seasonic 620W S12-II PSU
Kingston SSDNow 120GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB HDD
Asrock H97 Pro4 motherboard
8GB panram DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit

1 minute ago, obi-fade-kenobi said:

How does it handle things when you run a game? Just run off one monitor and as you usually would tab out to get into something else, if you know what i mean....

Some games, like CS, support a "Borderless Windowed" mode. With that you basically have a full screen mode, but you can move to the other monitor without minimising the game  itself.

@obi-fade-kenobi When I run a game I just don't run it in full screen, and put it on one of the monitors. The other monitor is then usually usable for whatever you want, like YouTube ETC. 

Was I helpful? Accept my answer or agree / mark me as informative!

Quote me, or I probably won't notice you responded to me!

Only Constructive Criticism is taken into consideration. 

1 minute ago, Clubconsoles said:

How good is the condition? If its in very good condition and has cheap postage I would get it.

£70 for the unit - not a mark on it, original box, £9 postage 

Price isn't really the question, more of whether or not it's feasible/practical for my uses 

1 minute ago, 4kliksphilip said:

Some games, like CS, support a "Borderless Windowed" mode. With that you basically have a full screen mode, but you can move to the other monitor without minimising the game  itself.

Just now, azb_ said:

@obi-fade-kenobi When I run a game I just don't run it in full screen, and put it on one of the monitors. The other monitor is then usually usable for whatever you want, like YouTube ETC. 

Having to run some of my games windowed and not full screen would trigger me... Hmm

Having to run some of my games windowed and not full screen would trigger me... Hmm

Borderless Windowed is literally a fulscreen with ability to tab out and not having to minimise the game.

2 minutes ago, 4kliksphilip said:

Borderless Windowed is literally a fulscreen with ability to tab out and not having to minimise the game.

Oh... Derp. So, with the majority of games, you can literally have it running on one full screen and the other displaying whatever (Borderless?) - having to tab out to move over to that screen?

I am aware I sound like I've never touched a PC before, I've just never in my life actually touched a mutliple monitor setup lmao and just unsure how Windows handles it

6 minutes ago, obi-fade-kenobi said:

Oh... Derp. So, with the majority of games, you can literally have it running on one full screen and the other displaying whatever (Borderless?) - having to tab out to move over to that screen?

Yes. 

With some, you have to press windows+D to tab out from the game, with others your only option is ctrl+alt+del. I think in Assassins Creed 2 you cannot even do that :D

2 minutes ago, 4kliksphilip said:

Yes. 

With some, you have to press windows+D to tab out from the game, with others your only option is ctrl+alt+del. I think in Assassins Creed 2 you cannot even do that :D

Alright, thanks! 

Alright, thanks! 

As I said, just to finalize this question:

If you are a multitasker, and to stuff in MS Office with the help of internet, watch YT in the background - amazing.

If you are gamer and just want to game - waste of money.

Personally, I could not imagine having one monitor nowadays. :)